Greenwich Concours - Jun 3-5, 2022

ILIKECARS53

Hi All, We are thinking about going to the Greenwich Concours this year.  When you go onto the website there is not mention of buying tickets at the gate only on line.  If bought on line there is no refund. The show is rain or shine.   Does anyone know if you can buy tickets on the day of the show Sunday 6/5/2022.   I sent an email to Hagerty tickets with no response. Thanks  Jim

https://www.greenwichconcours.com

The Greenwich Concours was the very first Concours I went to, maybe 10 years ago and it was great we bought out tickets at the gate. If you have never been to a concours this is a great one for starters. Whatever negative things you have been told or imagined are false, come look at the cars and have a great day. 

Bob 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1937hd45 said:

The Greenwich Concours was the very first Concours I went to, maybe 10 years ago and it was great we bought out tickets at the gate. If you have never been to a concours this is a great one for starters. Whatever negative things you have been told or imagined are false, come look at the cars and have a great day. 

Bob 

It was a great show for years Bob.    I hope it continues to be just as good.   They knew how to pick the correct BOS cars also!  :)

IMG_2779.JPG

• Like 5

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Greenwich Concours - Jun 3-5, 2022

I attended the Greenwich Concours at least twice some years ago with my 1941 Packard station wagon, when the Wennerstrom family ran it. It was good but trying to sometimes enter but especially leave if you were with your "show" car and it was on display could be a real chore. They wanted the cars there but there was very little consideration to aide you to navigate around the crowds of spectators , as mentioned especially when leaving. It was a reason that I decided not to participate in any further concours.

4 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

I didn't know there was an ownership change, my comments were based on shows in the past, pre Covid.

Haggerty has been buying up the shows.   Amelia this year was the under their ownership.  It went "ok" with some new hiccups.  I'm hopeful they don't screw it up.

1 minute ago, Walt G said:

I attended the Greenwich Concours at least twice some years ago with my 1941 Packard station wagon, when the Wennerstrom family ran it. It was good but trying to sometimes enter but especially leave if you were with your "show" car and it was on display could be a real chore. They wanted the cars there but there was very little consideration to aide you to navigate around the crowds of spectators , as mentioned especially when leaving. It was a reason that I decided not to participate in any further concours.

Always amazes me Walt how little thought is put in to the trailer parking,  entering and exiting with the show cars, etc.   Many shows lose participants over the logistics around the show itself.

• Like 1

A. J. I am not amazed or surprised. The cars to many the shows organizers are the bait that they want people to see to pay the $ to raise funds for their charity. I am not saying charities are not worthy of support , contributions and effort from any and all. BUT after decades as being treated as a 2nd class citizen for supporting them ( without the cars there would be no show to charge admission to) I just gave up. Life is short- that has been hammered home personally for me in the past several years , so I do what I feel is worth the time I have.  Contributing to certain print publications and especially to these AACA Forums are worth my time and effort to look things up, pen a few thoughts, and then share with like minded fellow squirrels.

• Like 2

Shows need to learn that trailer parking, snowfield check in, ease of entering and exiting……..and a host of other things come into play. As a car handler at lots of concours I can tell you the ones that don’t make it easy and pleasant do not get cars from our garage a second time. Shows should be fun…..NOT a hassle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Shows need to learn that trailer parking, snowfield check in, ease of entering and exiting……..and a host of other things come into play. As a car handler at lots of concours I can tell you the ones that don’t make it easy and pleasant do not get cars from our garage a second time. Shows should be fun…..NOT a hassle. 

Ed,

I was invited to take a car up there maybe 12 years ago or so, and you are 100% correct the trailer parking was beyond a hassle. They parked me, then told me to break down, after that I was then told  to hook back up and relocate the trailer park it somewhere else and break it down again. When I returned back from the show to load up there was a municipal dump truck from the lot we were parked the trailers parked in front of my trailer and left there for the weekend, So after driving my car around trying to find someone to contact in charge of the Municipal vehicles in the lot, about 2 hours later we were loading the car.  

• Like 1

I showed my 55 Pontiac when the Wennerstrom family ran it and they did a good job overall however trailer parking was a major issue. Lodging was also an issue as most of the hotels were being used for graduations.  Seems the area has few trailer spots available for the 2 day show as most have a trailer. I won my class however no award was given show day and then one day a trophy arrived with an explanation and a letter apologizing for the mistake. Overall had a good time but the area is to crowded for me and haven't been back.

• Like 2

Hope they do away with ropes which are off putting and make it harder to see things up close.

About 3/4 of a mile from the show site is a municipal building, maybe town hall, in a nice, safe area that would be ideal for parking trailers.  We parked our car a couple times there with no issue.   I am surprised they don't leverage that for parking trailers. 

It is ugly for show participants and spectators to jam into the lots they want you to go in especially when competing with the farmer's market action taking up one end of one lot...

Been burned by weather too many times buying tix in advance to these things though...

Another angle on Sport Phaeton.  And Ropes... 😕

Luckily I knew this guy and his dad and got to see this one up close, I think they completed some finishing touches the night before and maybe 15 or 20 minutes run time on the engine.  Turned out pretty good... 😁

20170603_134245.jpg

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Like 1