Rhinebeck NY Show = May 6

Anyone else excited about the return of the Rhinebeck show? https://rhinebeckcarshow.com

I sure am! Looks like tomorrow will be mostly dry, too. 

I missed the show in 2019 due to my health problems, not realizing what was going to happen the next year. So I'm having major withdrawals, haha. 

Anyone have a car in the show? 

• Like 1

About 10-15 years ago Rhinebeck was held on a rainy Mother's Day weekend.  We attended, but cars and vendors were sparse and we felt it was a waste of time.  We probably won't go tomorrow unless there is a radical change in the weather.

• Like 1

Interesting coincidence with the weather. Over on this side of the Pacific it is nearly mid day on Sunday 8 May - Mothers Day - and after a beautiful sunny day yesterday it is dull and overcast today with some rain forecast.

Not cold though - it is late autumn and the temperature is around 60 F.

• Like 2

After all these years I've never gone back for the Sunday show, I've done the swap meet ever since missing the very first one. Like most events it is more of a social gathering, seeing the people you only see once a year. Filled a milk crate with stuff to flip, got there late, 11:30, back on the way home at 1:00, skipped the indoor vendors and the cars on display. This Anglia may be the only stock one in North America but $25,000. was a bit rich IMO. 

DSCF2019.JPG

DSCF2020.JPG

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I have been here at Rhinebeck for 2 1/2 days now....

Friday, it drizzled from 10:30 A.M. until 4:00 P.M.....

Never more than light precipitation... Not brutal....

All the Early birds were there, a decent Friday attendance....

Yesterday / Saturday was a little cold and raw / hoodies, sweatshirts, and jackets never came off all day --- a little too chilly for that....

There was --- Absolutely NOT a drop of precipitation--- people that drove here from the south drove through rain, but once here, ONLY 

DRY all day.....

Today / Sunday / Mother's Day --- promises to be the best weather day of all three.... warming up nicely now... sun is poking through the clouds, 

100 % dry and could hit short sleeve shirt weather by 11:00 A.M. to Noon and later....

Over 90 % of the vendors are still here....

C'Mon Down... Bring Mom, or make Mom wait.... the cars will be rolling into the car show field in 20 minutes --- at the end of my aisle ---

G G B 24 - 25 (Green Field).... sit on the benches and watch them roll in...

I would bet that the car show field will be full and overflowing....

See ya' here.... Craig.....

• Like 1

We made a game time Saturday AM decision to pass this year due to weather, and I ended up tackling plugs in the 560 SL, which was a task leftover from last spring's do list...  blustery day here in CT...

Glad it sounds like a good show and pics would be great!

• Like 2

On 5/8/2022 at 10:14 PM, Billy Kingsley said:

Had a great time today. Was nice to be back. Talked to Dandy Dave...I'll have pictures up tomorrow. I took over 500. That's actually kind of low for me ..

It was good to meet you Bill. Often you don't know who a forum member is unless they step up and say hello. 

On 5/8/2022 at 4:14 PM, 1937hd45 said:

Is that the old 1919 Dodge Brothers from the Perry collection?

Dick and Carlton Perry. Both deceased now. I was at their place a few times years ago and just can't remember where it was. Somewhere along Rt. 82 not far from the Taconic State Parkway. There was a creek in the back and some old machinery in an abandoned gravel bank. Somewhere around Hopewell Junction. 

• Like 1

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Rhinebeck NY Show = May 6