What kind of car is this?

Aaron65

I was watching an episode of Mannix tonight, and I saw a car I can't identify (which doesn't happen often).  Anyone have any ideas on this one?  It only popped up for a minute; I paused it to take a picture (yes, I have Mannix on DVD... :)).  

Mannix Car.jpg

5 hours ago, hidden_hunter said:

Wonder how it’s supposed to be pronounced... if it’s how I imagine, I can’t imagine it being a big seller

Really?  Major seller for Ford Germany.  Taunus name used from 1939 to 1994.  Car in question is a Taunus P6 produced 1966-70 in two levels, 12M and 15M.  From the back can't tell them apart, from the front the 12M had round headlights, the 15M had rectangular lights.

Taunus is the name of a mountain range in Germany.

• Like 1

I stand corrected. I think I remember that episode now. I saw it sometime within the last year and thought how cool it was to see a guy driving around a 300SL when it was a used car. Now they are most likely relegated to museum duty.

Ever hear of a Ford Taunus Transit or Ford FK1000? Yeah, me neither.

Seems a family in Germany found one recently while demolishing their home for construction

Family Unearths Ford Transit Van Hiding in the Walls of Their Home (thedrive.com)

Family Unearths Ford Transit Van Hiding in the Walls of Their Home

Similar but not exact version of one cleaned up

2204ee8d8cff60c88b792d33117ec8fb.jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)