Hershey 2022 hotels-2024 UPDATE

mondabottle

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

www.visithersheyharrisburg.org will give you a listing on hotels.  The farther you go from Hershey itself the most likely you will find less expensive accommodations.

I was hoping to stay with you this year........cash flow problems.......you know how it is..........😇

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

45 minutes ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Hope is not a strategy my friend.  I will take your room in the Hotel Hershey and you can have my fleabag digs.

No Hotel Hershey for me, nor the lodge. My employer doesn’t do Hershey, so it’s my dime. That said, half the time I sleep in the trailer. 😎

Before we got old and started sleeping in hotels, we had spaces in the Chocolate field and slept in our trucks, trailers, SUV’s. After a long day of buying and selling- it gets dark early and most folks are fast asleep by 10pm. Especially since the auction circus is no longer in the Giant Center.

Awake at 6am, the place is pretty quiet. Many of us took advantage of the permanent restroom building in the center of the Chocolate field. No showers, but ingenious campers can get pretty clean in the sink.

After that, I was always grateful for the food vendor just outside who sets up really early- primarily to provide coffee for the EMT’s who spend the night there on duty.

Yeah, I’ll think about those days, right after I settle into my bed at the Holiday Inn Express in Hummlestown. I booked it in January for $108/night. It’s currently north of $260.

Cost - all of us try to have a comfortable place to stay as we know we will have long days and a lot of walking. Think of what you don't do or pay for that plea$e other people, you look at as "why would I pay $ to do or see that". we all have our way to make memories that will last forever - we know that sometimes despite uncooperative weather Hershey is the most fun car event of the year. It is about cars but equally about the worldwide friends one can see and spend time with. I hope this year sees good health and the borders open up so I can go out to dinner with all my friends from Europe , many who then visit me here at the house on their way to the airport to fly back home after 'the big H' adventure is over.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Walt G said:

Cost - all of us try to have a comfortable place to stay as we know we will have long days and a lot of walking. Think of what you don't do or pay for that plea$e other people, you look at as "why would I pay $ to do or see that". we all have our way to make memories that will last forever - we know that sometimes despite uncooperative weather Hershey is the most fun car event of the year. It is about cars but equally about the worldwide friends one can see and spend time with. I hope this year sees good health and the borders open up so I can go out to dinner with all my friends from Europe , many who then visit me here at the house on their way to the airport to fly back home after 'the big H' adventure is over.

Right-on Walt.  It's a vacation and I wait all year for it.   It's hard to put a price on having that much fun.  Whatever it is those Hershey memories are priceless.   I am also anxious to see our friends from England again, and I know they are anxious to be there again.  Counting the days!

Terry

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I hope to make trip to Hersey and shop my car that Mason and I we work hard long days to put together.  I hope to make it to Hersey this year.  It will be on a very tight budget and no extras.  Can anybody tell me if there would be any problem with me sleeping a ty site.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 10:09 AM, alsancle said:

If you can afford it The Lodge.

otherwise there are many in Harrisburg.

It will be my first time in Hershey fall meet, so apologize for my questions.

- I will fly to US and rent a car in the airport, are there parking areas in the event?

- I understand Harrisburg is a city close to Hershey, so during the event days, is there too much traffic to arrive in the event area, so I should find an hotel in Hershey? Or there is no such big difference?

thanks, JRA

I've stayed on the eastern side of Harrisburg many times while attending Hershey.  It's about a 30 minute drive and traffic is not bad.  The further away from Hershey, the lower the rates are.  I've also stayed in York, PA about 45 miles away for a great savings.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JRA said:

It will be my first time in Hershey fall meet, so apologize for my questions.

- I will fly to US and rent a car in the airport, are there parking areas in the event?

- I understand Harrisburg is a city close to Hershey, so during the event days, is there too much traffic to arrive in the event area, so I should find an hotel in Hershey? Or there is no such big difference?

thanks, JRA

There is plenty of parking at the fields. 

Lots of guys stay in Harrisburg.  I don’t think traffic is horrible.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Restorer32 said:

I always stay in York, in my own bed at home.  Takes 45 minutes to get to our spaces in the Red field.

Jeff, are you offering a room to JRA?  If not could you at least advise him if you recommend York Area motels / hotels?  He is from Brazil and a newbie to Hershey.  

• Like 1

Just my 2 cents after attending for about 50 years and booking a hotel for the last 20 or so.

Hotels on the north side of Harrisburg, especially those along/near Union Deposit Road offer a unique way to access the swap meet field. Hop on Union Deposit headed north (away from 83). It takes you on a circuitous route thru farmland and floodplain and ends at the now-closed (?) Canal House restaurant. Hang a quick right and suddenly you are at RT 39, directly opposite the new AACA HQ. 
We used to book a room at the Best Western Premier, a wonderful place just off Union Deposit and within sight of 83. If you booked it in January, the rooms were in the range of $125. Later they would rise as all area hotel rooms do. But lately the BWP starts out the year high, so we have moved elsewhere. If you’re not booking a room in January, you are not going to get a good deal.

• 1 year later...

It's been a very long time but,  when I was looking for hotels near a swap meet, I stumbled upon some great options just by searching "hotels near me". I found one close to the swap meet venue and it made things so convenient. It's always handy to have accommodations nearby when you're exploring new places. 

Edited by Blaketincef (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As Philip said, RM has negotiated a special rate for AACA members at the Lodge where the auction happens and you get to see the cars drive in.  Artist has a display downstairs and more...close to everything.  I will find the link and add it here soon. Making room reservations in the block will ensure we can continue to have an auction in Hershey.

https://www.hersheylodge.com/qr/E1SHA3LIB6/

• Like 1

• Steve Moskowitz changed the title to Hershey 2022 hotels-2024 UPDATE
On 4/16/2024 at 1:22 PM, Steve Moskowitz said:

As Philip said, RM has negotiated a special rate for AACA members at the Lodge where the auction happens and you get to see the cars drive in.  Artist has a display downstairs and more...close to everything.  I will find the link and add it here soon. Making room reservations in the block will ensure we can continue to have an auction in Hershey.

https://www.hersheylodge.com/qr/E1SHA3LIB6/

Excellent link for an amazing hotel but you have to check out Friday. That means a late night drive home after the awards. Why didn't they not extent the special rate for another night so we can check out Saturday??

Why? Supply and demand…….the park has been very busy on the weekends in the fall……..and they pay more than car people. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Frank Szymkowski said:

Excellent link for an amazing hotel but you have to check out Friday. That means a late night drive home after the awards. Why didn't they not extent the special rate for another night so we can check out Saturday??

I got the RM discount for Friday night, Frank. I always try to make it to the Awards dinner. Will drive home Saturday morning.

Edited by philip roitman (see edit history)