Chevrolet Corvette 1960 original owner. Not Mine.

https://flagstaff.craigslist.org/cto/d/corona-chevrolet-corvette-1960-original/7372942184.html

Chevrolet Corvette 1960 original owner 283 cubic inch 4 speed manual transmission four-barrel carburetor 30000 original miles runs and drives great matching number Powertrain 1 repaint in its original color Honduras maroon interior is original and in great condition serious buyers only no dealers in the u.s or overseas please do not text or email call for more info.
$70k FIRM

• Like 1

I am not a GM guy, but if I were this would be my choice.

I understand they ride like a dump truck and are not very comfortable, but..........

And from the guy that bought it new? Or is this just the only one owner that owns it now?

• Like 1

He owned it for 52 years, brought it in the prime of his life at 20 yrs old. That's a story easy enough to buy into.  Never dated, never travelled.  Only drove it 30k miles. Less than 600 miles a year, to church and his factory job 2 miles from home.

I like this car a lot and Im not a vette guy. I dont understand why they state 'no dealers'. If im selling a car and a dealer wants to buy it for asking price whats the matter? 

As far as ride, never been in one but theres a good line in the movie 'True Lies', when Arnolds character is test driving one. The sleazy used car dealer tells him in a round about way how bad the car drives.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

I dont understand why they state 'no dealers'. If im selling a car and a dealer wants to buy it for asking price whats the matter? 

If it is a full price offer, the seller has no idea who is actually buying it. 

What the seller is trying to avoid is either;

"I'll buy it, but you need to come down in price because there has to be something in the deal for me too. . . "

OR

"I sold it and now I see it on a dealer's site for twice the price. I am gonna be forever angry that I was cheated out of it"

Either way the long time owner ends up with a bad taste in their mouth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TAKerry said:

As far as ride, never been in one but theres a good line in the movie 'True Lies', when Arnolds character is test driving one. The sleazy used car dealer tells him in a round about way how bad the car drives.

Kerry, I wonder how they pulled off the slide back into the cramped car lot at the end of that scene.  You can date the movie by the asking price on the car, no where near $70k!  At least Arnold was getting actual script then vs. the one liners in his earliest stuff.  "You ah a very funny guy Sully.  That is why I am going to kill you last..." 😁😁😁

• Like 1

Though the ad doesn't specifically state which engine this is, the photos indicate the base 230hp 283.  In this case, the orange 'Chevrolet' valve covers are correct.  The higher horse 270/315hp engines received the aluminum 'Corvette' script covers.  And I agree with Dave, the C1s are a real treat to drive!

Greg