Stimulus check

Buick35

Anybody planning on spending some or all of their stimulus check on old car parts? I just wish the wife didn't know that I got one. Just kidding ,I'm glad she keeps me straight.If it weren't for her Id have more old cars than Leno,of course Id need a huge garage.

11 minutes ago, Pete O said:

No, I'm going to put it aside to pay for the higher gas prices we're seeing.  Thanks Joe.

Given all the other places where people can go to spew their political BS, can we keep the discussion here to cars? 🙄

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

Well I would definitely call the price of gas a direct concern of every fossil fueled car owner.  I think we even had a several page thread about the price of gas in your area a while back. 

Didn't we even have a place for legislation that affects our cars on this forum so we could be activists to prevent things that would adversely affect our hobby? I use the unread feature so I don't even know what all the sections and subsections are anymore. 

I know I have had buyer's remorse for cars I have bought in the past.  Really leaves a bad taste in your mouth. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, joe_padavano said:

Given all the other places where people can go to spew their political BS, can we keep the discussion here to cars? 🙄

What's political (let alone BS) about complaining about the rapidly escalating gasoline prices? 

I had read that one of the reasons for the escalating prices was that the largest refinery in the U.S. (located in Texas) was knocked off line due to the severe winter storm they experienced a few weeks ago. 

Cheers,

Grog

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, capngrog said:

What's political (let alone BS) about complaining about the rapidly escalating gasoline prices? 

I had read that one of the reasons for the escalating prices was that the largest refinery in the U.S. (located in Texas) was knocked off line due to the severe winter storm they experienced a few weeks ago. 

Cheers,

Grog

Exactly-  you were inserting you own political bias if you thought I was complaining. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, capngrog said:

Cheers,

Grog

It is my understanding that Texas is the state with the MOST oil refineries (47) of any state in the USA. Given that state's power and water issues due to that storm, I would imagine that more than just one of those refineries was taken off line.  This, no doubt, has had an impact on fuel prices along with increase demand. 

Now back to the topic at hand.....

My 36 year old Driver Participation Class vehicle is in need of a whole bunch of maintenance parts. If I can get them installed before the National in upstate New York in June I might be driving that vehicle to this event. That is where some of my stimulus $$$$ will be going. The rest will go to a small, local landscaping company to address some things in the yard at my house. Support small, local businesses, now more than ever.