Talk show - Automotive Radio or App ?

30DodgePanel

For the past month or so I've been wondering why there isn't any antique automobile talk programming on any apps or radio.com 

Does anyone know of any? I work in an office and am allowed to wear earbuds all day but there's only so much sports talk and music I can listen to. I've heard some mechanic programming on Saturdays over the years but I'd really like to find something for M-F and exclusive to antiques or classics. Can be anything from best nuts and bolts to what type of paint or just about anything really..

If there isn't such a thing for the antique or classic crowd, there needs to be...

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

1 hour ago, padgett said:

Closest I know of is NPRs "Click and Clack" but think that stopped making new shows.

Yes, stopped in 2012! Tom Magliozzi died in 2014. Ray still continues the newspaper column (come on, most everyone one here knows what a newspaper is... this is Antique Cars, after all😄).

• Like 3

Steve Rinaldo does a talk radio show but I'm not sure how to access it.  Steve posts occasionally so I'll email him and ask him to let us know.

Terry

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Terry Bond said:

Steve Rinaldo does a talk radio show but I'm not sure how to access it.  Steve posts occasionally so I'll email him and ask him to let us know.

Terry

Is this it?

Americas Web Radio Cassic Car Show

Good stuff.. thank you

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes - that's it.  Looking at the topics and guests it's quite a variety.   This should be regular listening!

Terry

• Like 1

Steve Rinaldo here. The show that I host is the Classic Car Show. It is usually live at 8 am on  Saturday. We generally try to have guests on that are a part of the old car hobby. Some of the guests we have had are Steve Moskowitz the CEO of AACA, Chris Ritter AACA Librarian. Bob Wallace of J.C. Taylor, and Fred Simione form his Museum in Pa. You can find the show at Americas Web Radio on the internet. Jim weber and myself have been doing this for over 15 years. and there are a lot of archived old shows that you can listen at the site as well. We are always looking for new guests, so if you have any ideas let me know.

See you on the road. Steve

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/2/2021 at 5:22 AM, Steve Rinaldo said:

Steve Rinaldo here. The show that I host is the Classic Car Show. It is usually live at 8 am on  Saturday. We generally try to have guests on that are a part of the old car hobby. Some of the guests we have had are Steve Moskowitz the CEO of AACA, Chris Ritter AACA Librarian. Bob Wallace of J.C. Taylor, and Fred Simione form his Museum in Pa. You can find the show at Americas Web Radio on the internet. Jim weber and myself have been doing this for over 15 years. and there are a lot of archived old shows that you can listen at the site as well. We are always looking for new guests, so if you have any ideas let me know.

See you on the road. Steve

Hi Steve,

hey, first I want to say thank you for the work you all do by putting the shows together and to all the guests who you've had on the show. 

Particularly enjoy the show with Nick Ellis in regards to the RPM Foundation and the discussion on 08/29/19 in regards to the trade programs that are available. My goodness what a great speaker he is and it's easy to hear everyone's heart and love for the hobby as we listen. I'm encouraged to know Nick has a desire to be guest speaker going forward. I think he'd be one of the best teachers a young person (and wise guys in there 50's) can listen and learn from and the networking possibilities sound very promising to those of us who want to see the next generation involved. Also love the other interviews with Steve M, Fred S and Chris R as research is a huge part of my passion. Incredible stuff that makes me wish I was thirty years younger...

I would like to recommend a few things and I have a few questions if you have time in a PM, email or phone call etc... which ever you prefer. That is IF you have time. 

Bottom line is, listening to some of the shows has provoked me to become more involved and engaged in ways I have always took for granted as a fellow hobbyist. 

I hope to change that going forward. 

Thanks again

Dave

On 1/1/2021 at 8:52 AM, Terry Bond said:

Yes - that's it.  Looking at the topics and guests it's quite a variety.   This should be regular listening!

Terry

Couldn't agree more. Thanks again for suggesting it. 

Actually, if the truth be know.. I feel it should be mandatory but that's just me ;) 

On 12/31/2020 at 5:16 PM, 30DodgePanel said:

For the past month or so I've been wondering why there isn't any antique automobile talk programming on any apps or radio.com 

That's a really great question. There are many sizeable parts companies that cater to antique car people, so you'd think there would be a market for that. How many working antique cars are there in the US and Canada? A million? Ten million? ( by "antique" I don't mean 25 years old, but maybe more like 35 years old or older. I.E, collector rather than working cars.) I'll try to listen to Steve Rinaldo's show if I can find it. 

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Seems that with apps like Zoom and Big Blue Button it should get much easier to have guests on shows. No need to travel to a studio. Everything else is going streaming as many now have big pipes.

ps I have three cars over 30 and one over 50 now & love to talk about them.

Edited by padgett (see edit history)
  • Like 2

https://caridiotsforever.com/about-us/about-us/our-team-bernie-golias/  Bernie has a radio show as well.  Walt Gosden of this forum has a TV show but not sure if he does any radio as well.  I believe you will soon learn of another new podcast but a couple well known personalities in the hobby.  It is due soon I believe but do not have permission to say anymore at this point.

• Like 1

No, I have not done any radio shows with comment on car history or collecting, the TV show I do gets broadcast locally on cable then goes out to other stations for viewing and on the internet. So far 22 shows and I tape the next one in February , all are done in the town hall in the village I reside in by volunteers from the four surrounding local villages. The last show we did was about the AACA annual Hershey car meet with great assistance from AACA headquaters for some film on early days of that event. None of the shows are "for profit" and a number of them have won awards at the North East Annual Video Conference held each year in New England.  https://4vs.org/4VS-WatchNow-TheAntiqueRoadTest.php

My buddy John Salemmo is co host and also an AACA member , we do 'in studio' and 'on location' programs.  I started these some years ago as it would be a bit different then the normal community taped tv shows so far as topic goes.

Walt

• Like 1

In the 1990's the Tampa Bay area radio station a radio talk show called, "This Old Car".  Hosted by two local old car nuts,

it was good Saturday morning entertainment.   Guest would come and relate stories of cars of all kinds.   As president of

a big local club. I went a few times to tal local car stuff and other times to talk about my Great American Race experiences.

Lite fun car chatter and lots of humor.

Greg Stanley has an excellent podcast called “CarCollector Podcast” and Hagerty also has a good one titled “Hagerty Sidedrafts”.

The America Web Radio program called Classic Car Show has OK content, but the production value is so pathetic and distracting it’s almost unlistenable.