International Model A Day Saturday

Steve_Mack_CT

I have a neighbor that has four or five model A's.

One them even runs. I was over there yesterday as I had noticed that he hadn't been around for awhile.

Turns out he and a bunch of his buddies met up over on the east side of Portland and took a trip over to Montana together.

The meeting place is 30 or 40 miles from here and when they went to pull out he discovered a blown head gasket.

Someone in the group had one and one guy stayed behind with him to help change it.

An hour and 8 minutes later he headed out and caught up with the group at their first stop.

He had no other issues after that. Couldn't say about the rest of the guys, but the neighbor tells me that this group can pretty much handle any situation that may arise.

As a side note he tells me that every body wants to show off their favorite restaurants along the way and he gained a few pounds. 

• Like 1

Certainly amazing and simple technology cars and trucks.  Must be a pleasure to own one knowing so much is still made to keep them on the road without having to break the bank to get spare parts.  I’m a fan of the pickup body style.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Studemax said:

Is this official, and if so - when did it begin?

Both national clubs recognize it, I think it's been around for a few years now at least 5. It is not linked to any major show or gathering.  I think the idea is to get them out on the road.

I am finally done for a while on the underside!  Didn't think to take pics.  Maybe we will extend it a day and take a pic or two tomorrow...

Friday the wife cut and loaded some yard waste in the 31 Model A. Then asked if I could drive her over to the township recycling center to unload it. We went to Lowe's and lunch. Noticed the truck wasn't charging. So all we did with it on Saturday was haul delivered mulch from the front yard to the back yard. 

Charley

IMG_20200916_120622.jpg

IMG_20200916_123059.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Steve

No she doesn't have any desire to drive the truck. 

Not much room on the inside. We have fun with it.

The early 1930 truck above is really nice.

Our A is a late 1931 with the Budd cab metal roof. Just happened to be the truck we located when looking to buy.

My buddy Don Vincent, Mr. Model A, stopped over to view it. He said "someone put a sheet metal roof on your car". Told him yeah the factory. Lol

Best of success on your search.

Charley

• Like 1

When I get some more space I am seriously considering adding a Ford Model A to my small group of cars.

It would be refreshing to just hop in something and drive it without that little worry in the back of my mind about something breaking and not being able to quickly source parts.

There are no Rickenbacker or Pierce Arrow catalogues that I can just order parts out of.

It would also be nice to drive a small pre-war car.

When I parked our Pierce next to a Ford Model A at a show one time it looked like I could put that Model A coupe in the back seat of my Pierce.

I should have taken a picture of them side by side but I was too busy looking at all the great cars and answering questions about my Pierce at the time.

• Like 1