Driving classics

Den41Buick

37 minutes ago, alsancle said:

I just walked out in the garage for you Steve.

352EBC3A-D2DF-493A-A307-08D6E5F6B757.jpeg

Hmmm..... now that is not what I expected. What is the story with that setup?  Clearly Steve is in on the gig.....

Great car.......too bad Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles collaborated  on the color choice! 😏

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Back to the 1950s car today.  60 degrees, zero humidity and bright blue skies.     My heart is with the big Classics but driving around something from the 50s is definitely more relaxing.   I've always wanted a 53 Skylark.

IMG_8084.jpg

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 1

53 Skylarks are stunning.......but so are those 53/54 Caribbeans.  We should be hitting our stride coming into good driving weather here in the upper midwest.

8 minutes ago, John Bloom said:

53 Skylarks are stunning.......but so are those 53/54 Caribbeans.  We should be hitting our stride coming into good driving weather here in the upper midwest.

Other than a few rain outs,  the weather in NE has been stunning the last month.  55-60 degrees,  zero humidity,  blue skies.  I would take that 365 days a year.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Car looks a lot different since you talked Big Al into installing the modern wire wheels and white walls. The prominent Firestone lettering is a bit over the top. 🤔

Nice car by the way.........

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

Eddy, those wheels have been on there longer than I’ve been alive.

Enduring bad taste.......I’ll forgive Big Al, he’s earned it.

• 5 weeks later...

Classic cars in good condition cost a lot of money. And not all people have a lot of money to buy such a car. Although you're partly right, now people are less and less appreciative of the classics, the era when cars were made with a soul. If you buy a car, it is a maximum of 5-6 years, and before you could drive a vehicle as much as you want. Since childhood, I was attracted to classic cars. I liked that time more than now. And recently, I came across this site with classic car rentals https://www.drivedadscar.com/. I decided to give it a try and told myself that my dream was to buy my own vintage car... Maybe one day, it will come true.

Edited by sampomiu (see edit history)