1931 Plymouth “barn find” roadster and huge parts haul

dpcdfan

hi dpcdfan

Would you be able to help me out with sidemount wheel locks and a clamp for my 1930 DeSoto coupe. Same parts as Plymouth I believe. I have posted pictures under "DeSoto" and parts wanted

Thanks for your help

Rick

IMG_4865.JPG

13 hours ago, ckowner said:

hi dpcdfan

Would you be able to help me out with sidemount wheel locks and a clamp for my 1930 DeSoto coupe. Same parts as Plymouth I believe. I have posted pictures under "DeSoto" and parts wanted

Thanks for your help

Rick

IMG_4865.JPG

Hi Rick, I didn't get anything like that in this parts load, but it seems like I have a 30 Desoto fender with this unit on it in my storage yard. I'll go over there and check this week. I have tons of Chrysler product California rust free sheet metal from 1928 on up.

Regards,

Gary

SC Small Yard.jpg

SC Small Yard2.jpg

SC Small Yard3.jpg

SC Small Yard4.jpg

Hi Dave. Yes that would be fine. I As it's a coupe I need one locking drivers side and one non-locking passenger side. I also need a locking trunk handle if you have.

I'd probably get you to send to a friend in S. Carolina who comes to Cape Town regularly. Whereabouts are you? My email address is grahm.goetze@telkomsa.net

Regards,

Graham

I live in metro Detroit area..  I just have one locking handle and the other three regular.  Away from home for couple of days but will get  shipping plus the $60 total to you on Thursday.  You can send me check and then will send out..  My address is 36860 Sunnydale, Livonia. Michigan. 48154.  DAVE Marlowe. Talk to you Thursday. 

On 4/5/2020 at 4:51 AM, dpcdfan said:

I recently bought seven cars, mainly Chrysler products, out of long term storage in an enclosed shed. Most of the cars and parts were put in there over 40 years ago and sealed up. In the group I purchased a 31 Plymouth Model PA roadster with a ton of spare parts, some of which interchange with 32 Plymouth PB and 31-32 Desoto. I’m just beginning to remove the parts from the building and both the car and extra parts will be for sale as I sort through everything to make sure the roadster is complete. 

1931 Ply.jpg

IMG_3654.jpg

IMG_3631.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3647.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3611.jpg

IMG_3613.jpg

IMG_3617.jpg

IMG_3618.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

IMG_3619.jpg

IMG_3616.jpg

IMG_3623.jpg

IMG_3645.jpg

IMG_3635.jpg

what a find!!!

On 5/27/2020 at 4:28 PM, dpcdfan said:

Allan... Good eye!! Yes, the 31 roadster is rock solid. It was in the process of being restored when my friend bought it and put it away in the shed.

Agreed, the car looks rock solid, in the same picture of parts with the tail light bracket there are three windshield support brackets, the lower one in the picture appears to have the 

windshield pivot clamping blocks in it, I have two of them but four are required per car....would they be something you'd be willing to ship to Canada?

Thanking in advance,

Dave

• 1 month later...

Sweet! I did some preliminary body work on the smashed up one, just in case I can't find a replacement. I can do measurements and look at the bolt holes to see if what you have will fit a 31 sedan.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Oldsoul58 said:

Hi, I am looking for a 1931 Plymouth model PA radiator cap. Would you happen to have one in all those parts? Thanks.

Hi,

Sorry, I don't have any extra "flying lady" hood ornaments, but may have a standard radiator cap.

• 1 month later...

Hi I have a 31 Plymouth PA4 door Sedan never restored and I and I overheated the engine do you know where I can get another engine to keep it stock and do you know where I can get a front a front Fender spare tire holder and a rear luggage rack Vince

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...