Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

01963a.jpg

Washington, D.C. 1913. Traffic Stop and Go signs at 14th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue.

09155u.jpg

Washington, D.C. 1923. Detroit Tigers pitcher Herman Polycarp Pillette with a Lincoln.

26184u.jpg

Budmobile Washington, 1924. "Helen G. Sweeney, Adolph Busch, Joseph Gallegher, Henry Glyn" at the Treasury building.

32266u_0.jpg

Washington, D.C. July 1925. Amoco station at 14th and Belmont streets N.W. in the Mount Pleasant neighborhood.

30293u.jpg

Washington, D.C. 1922. Miriam Battista, child star of stage and screen, at age 10.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, alsancle said:

I'm glad to see you chiming in once in a while!   I was going to suggest that you enlighten us on which car that was.

There are only 10 CW LeBaron Custom Airflows from 1934-1937 left. 3-1934's, 4-1935's, 1-1936, 2- 1937's. 146.5 inch Wheelbase. 384.8 C.I. straight 8-145-150 hp. CW had a 4 bar bumpers and one piece curve windshield.  All lesser Chrysler Airflow's had 3 bar bumpers and a split windshield

The CX in the photo is basically the lesser model CV Imperial with a extended wheelbase of 137.5 inches, 323.5 C.I. 8 cylinder with some Lebaron touches. I believe the original owner of the car posted on the forum was owned by some oil company president in the southern mid west. Humble oil? I'll have to look that up in  my files to confirm.

Milton Hershey had one of the 3 CW's built in 1937, but believe it no longer exist. Maybe it went to the war scrape drive of WWII? The fender shirts did survive and Hershey's chauffeur gave, or sold them to a vendor at the Hershey swap meet.

The 1934 Chrysler CW Custom Imperial enclosed drive limo that was the display car for Chrysler at the 1933-1934 Century of Progress-Chicago Worlds Fair has recently been discovered and documented.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/21/2021 at 6:30 PM, Dave Gelinas (XP-300) said:

28286088183_880fb648f9_c.jpg

There are only 10 CW LeBaron Custom Airflows from 1934-1937 left. 3-1934's, 4-1935's, 1-1936, 2- 1937's. 146.5 inch Wheelbase. 384.8 C.I. straight 8-145-150 hp. CW had a 4 bar bumpers and one piece curve windshield.  All lesser Chrysler Airflow's had 3 bar bumpers and a split windshield

The CX in the photo is basically the lesser model CV Imperial with a extended wheelbase of 137.5 inches, 323.5 C.I. 8 cylinder with some Lebaron touches. I believe the original owner of the car posted on the forum was owned by some oil company president in the southern mid west. Humble oil? I'll have to look that up in  my files to confirm.

Milton Hershey had one of the 3 CW's built in 1937, but believe it no longer exist. Maybe it went to the war scrape drive of WWII? The fender shirts did survive and Hershey's chauffeur gave, or sold them to a vendor at the Hershey swap meet.

The 1934 Chrysler CW Custom Imperial enclosed drive limo that was the display car for Chrysler at the 1933-1934 Century of Progress-Chicago Worlds Fair has recently been discovered and documented.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These come from my family albums. First is my mum and her two brothers and sister on the running board, her mum standing and her dad in the car. Her dad ( my grandpa) died quite young but I got to know grandma well! Not sure about the car but Essex maybe?

BTW these are in Australia.

8045AC25-3DEF-4DDE-BF68-177E73414C41.jpeg

• Like 2

Final one I think is either grandpa or grandmas parents. Not sure, wasn’t thought of then. Not certain of the make of any of these cars!

Enjoy

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

F16B6688-CCCF-40F1-8A0A-3A5FDACE03FF.jpeg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, oldcarfudd said:

Not the same plane.  The one in the first picture had a prop spinner.  The latest post is a Ford Tri-Motor, but which of two versions, I don't know.

no one said it was the same plane, I know I didn't

18 hours ago, twin6 said:

Packard stretch jitney.  Does not look like a California top, but it probably doesn't come down (no saddle visible, plus imagine what it would look like folded down).

stretch.jpg

The perfect car for the pandemic. SOCIAL DISTANCING at least 6 feet. Front seat, third row and back seat. Of course you will a bull horn for conversing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, rodneybeauchamp said:

These come from my family albums. First is my mum and her two brothers and sister on the running board, her mum standing and her dad in the car. Her dad ( my grandpa) died quite young but I got to know grandma well! Not sure about the car but Essex maybe?

BTW these are in Australia.

8045AC25-3DEF-4DDE-BF68-177E73414C41.jpeg

1923 Buick.

• Like 1

The Renault is most likely a Monastella, the smaller HP engine capacity model. Renault also made a huge series of cars in the Nervastella and Reinastella, absolute dinosaur sized cars that I am in the middle of writing a story on.

Dave my friend, thanks to you for continuing to add such amazing period photographs to this thread .My utmost sincere thanks TO ALL who add to this or give us information about what we are viewing here, and to AACA for putting up with it all. I promise to keep mum and not start any further threads to keep the overworked moderators busy with my enthusiasm for somewhat obscure topics about motor vehicles. I have way to many ideas for topics  and stories.  There is just so much material that a conversation could be engaged in and is never mentioned about the cars we cherish and make us happy.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Walt G said:

The Renault is most likely a Monastella, the smaller HP engine capacity model. Renault also made a huge series of cars in the Nervastella and Reinastella, absolute dinosaur sized cars that I am in the middle of writing a story on.

Dave my friend, thanks to you for continuing to add such amazing period photographs to this thread .My utmost sincere thanks TO ALL who add to this or give us information about what we are viewing here, and to AACA for putting up with it all. I promise to keep mum and not start any further threads to keep the overworked moderators busy with my enthusiasm for somewhat obscure topics about motor vehicles. I have way to many ideas for topics  and stories.  There is just so much material that a conversation could be engaged in and is never mentioned about the cars we cherish and make us happy.

I have a not super close friend that had owned a Renenstalla for years.  I’m hoping he lets me see it some day.