Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

6 minutes ago, Dave Gelinas (XP-300) said:

28286088183_880fb648f9_c.jpg

That 1934 Chrysler Airflow is either 1 of 125 built 8 cylinder cars, 1 of 67 built 6 cylinder cars or 1 of 28 built Imperial Custom 8 cars. In any case, it's a rare beast. Thanks for posting that photo.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, keiser31 said:

That 1934 Chrysler Airflow is either 1 of 125 built 8 cylinder cars, 1 of 67 built 6 cylinder cars or 1 of 28 built Imperial Custom 8 cars. In any case, it's a rare beast.

…and very nice and with white walls.

Edited by Dave Gelinas (XP-300) (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

That 1934 Chrysler Airflow is either 1 of 125 built 8 cylinder cars, 1 of 67 built 6 cylinder cars or 1 of 28 built Imperial Custom 8 cars. In any case, it's a rare beast. Thanks for posting that photo.

Its a 1934 Model CX. Not the huge Big Custom 8 Imperial CW. This car survives today and is restored

The CW had a one piece curve windshield. First in the industry. Not a split windshield as with this CX

Edited by 34LaSalleClubSedan (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

I posted this one on the what is it page but have not yet had an answer to what it might be.

Captioned -  "Delivery of furniture to the Whakataki Hotel, early 20th century"

The Whakataki Hotel is still there - it can be found on google maps - but this photo may not have been taken there.

Even though NZ had a mix of British and American trucks I think this one may be American.

tp 210621 Delivery of furniture to Whakataki Hotel.jpg

1 hour ago, nzcarnerd said:

Captioned -  "Delivery of furniture to the Whakataki Hotel, early 20th century"

The Whakataki Hotel is still there

tp 210621 Delivery of furniture to Whakataki Hotel.jpg

I wonder if any pieces of that original furniture is still there inside the hotel!!

Craig

9 hours ago, 34LaSalleClubSedan said:

Its a 1934 Model CX. Not the huge Big Custom 8 Imperial CW. This car survives today and is restored

The CW had a one piece curve windshield. First in the industry. Not a split windshield as with this CX

I'm glad to see you chiming in once in a while!   I was going to suggest that you enlighten us on which car that was.

• Thanks 1

That Packard is the ultimate "Hershey machine" to transport people between fields - but most wouldn't probably get out once in because it would be so much fun to just ride around in it. I wonder if the driveshaft had a support sling to help carry the length of it from front to back.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dave Gelinas (XP-300) said:

1955 Thunderbird with Frank Sinatra.jpg

Thanks Dave,

great shot of Sinatra in a '55,

and have been listening to the Seriously Sinatra station on Xm radio

• Thanks 1