Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

On 6/1/2023 at 11:17 AM, Walt G said:

I posted that Murphy Lincoln page from the salon catalog some time ago, so looks like it has been recycled again with no credit to me. Unless someone else has the same salon souvenir catalog . Please give credit where credit is due, as I have done for the past 50 years in anything and everything I have shared.

WEG

Hey guys -  This did actually come from my photo and literature collection,  which was passed on to me by my folks, Bill & Jo Ellen Snyder.  They were avid document and picture hunters - they chased down some of the still living photographers back in the 1960's and 70's, and bought out anything car related - or in the case of the 1911 Chicago air show , aviation too!  There is a huge batch of Rolls/Bentley photos from a decades long pen pal in England,  Pacific auto rentals,  and lots of Packard factory and ACD pics.  So I give my folks the credit on the pics I've posted here.  I continue to be amazed by all of the pictures everyone has shared here!

AutoSalon.JPG

1934DuesenbergRollstonMomnDad.jpg

• Like 7

Thank you so much for clearing this up in emails and now here. As you may have noticed there is a certain amount of people who claim credit for everything. Sorry if you took offense at my comments , but this "borrowing" has happened to others besides myself , including a CCCA member in England. Nice to have a clue as to who you are! your sign in name does not give anyone an indication . thanks for the picture of the great collection gathered by your folks.

• Like 1

I posted this one on the 'what is it' page a couple of days ago but there was no response. I passed it on to Varun Coutinho who came up with the answer.

The pic as posted on an NZ facebook page - suggestions of Overland but the hubs didn't match - 

An update - it is indeed an Overland, a 1912 Torpedo. The New Mexico photo was mislabeled as a Case.

John Hastilow maybe Overland in NZ.jpg

Varun came up with this one from New Mexico for comparison - 

13 Case 40 hp 0623.jpg

• Like 2

Borrowed from the AACA Facebook page. One suggestion is the car is a Peerless. 

I darkened the photo a little in order to be able to read the written text.

Whether the number 17 is a registration number, or an event participant number, is not stated.

aaca fb Jason Barnett.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George K said:

Same car as above.5AD4186F-FB78-4B84-AED4-31290D78BAFD.jpeg.3467edde7a38e91a3a8f0aa97402832e.jpeg

Are you sure?  This car's left door is hinged in back.  The other car's passenger door is hinged in front.  Unless the same car had two differently hung doors (on a custom job, anything is possible), they're not the same car.

Thanks again to all who post period images here! What a daily visual feast this is to us who just love all of it.

Sincerely appreciate it and I am sure AACA does as well . They keep letting it be here and don't get mad , AND I am happy to report AACA CEO Steve M. has not emailed me to say "here's another fine mess you've gotten us into".  At lest not yet, maybe, sort of........................🤐

Walt

• Like 3

7 hours ago, MetroPetro said:

E0E86ACD-9C3C-4C78-BC54-0C3A06494BFE.jpeg

Can a Model T do that much damage to a telephone pole and not be smashed all to hell?                   John

• Like 2