*** GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY *** for the right outfit / person

mobileparts

I just listed in the "Parts for Sale" section:

For Failing Health reasons --- I am looking to Sell my ENTIRE INVENTORY -- of buying some glorious ++ NEW ++ & ++ N.O.S. ++ Parts for:

All Makes & Models -- 1930 s through the 1970 s parts --- G M , Ford, Mopar, & Others:

Everything BRAKES components, Front End, Motor & Transm. Mounts, Bearings, Seals, Water Pumps, Fuel Pumps, Ignition, Electrical, and a whoooooole lot more;

++ All  ++ NEW ++ & ++ N.O.S. ++  Classic, Antique, Vintage, and Obsolete Parts

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a business -- or someone who wants to become one !!!!!!!!!

Call IMMEDIATELY ----- Craig -- 516 -  485 - 1935......... West Hempstead, Long Island, New York......

Over 99 % are marked with part #s from my main numbering system, or sometimes in 2 or 3 brands part #s, over 90 % are all securely sealed, taped, marked with big thick magic marker (my friend says I "Craigirize" everything -- which I have always done, and I like and use that term!!!!!!).

This is absolute perfection -- you couldn't beg for a better situation!!!!!!

First real call -- this is a done deal -- CALL NOW......

Hey Joe P.,

Hey, thanks, you have been a great friend for many years -- and you KNOW how I feel about how great you are....

I have blood flow problems around the brain -- this IS NOT good...

Give me a call -- and / or I will give you a call.... Happy Holidays....

Your friend forever, Craig

Thank you Dennis / Skyler , really....

Someone just said about me that I treat everyone like they are the most important person on the planet, every one and all of them.

And, I will indeed say that I HAVE attempted to do just that..... I can indeed take that comment to my grave -- and to heaven.. My wife passed way too early -- and I promise you, I AM going straight to heaven when my time on this Earth is done....

Dennis / Skyler --- and everyone --- I will be happy to serve you forever ----

Can we find someone for my inventory --- I don't want to give it to "the state"

Yours, Craig.....

• Like 1

On 12/22/2019 at 11:00 PM, mobileparts said:

500+ people have "viewed" this.....

Is there a real man  wanting to have a business for life?????

Call.

Sorry about your failing health and the need to sell your business.

After reading your posts in both forum sections I have 2 big questions...  What is your price? And what is the approximate amount/number of pieces? 

Are you asking $50.00? $5,000.00? $50,000.00? $500,000.00? Hard to even make an offer if unknown what the potential buyer would be buying.

Number of items? Are they all "smalls" and could fit in a large box van? Or does the potential buyer need to line up several semi trailers? Is your situation so grave they need to be gone by January 1st, 2020?  Or  would the buyer have 6 months (or more) to move? Missing a bunch of information that even if I lived closer I wouldn't bother wasting mine or your time calling if it is something that I have no idea on the scope or cost of what is involved.

Very few people would have $500,000.00 (or more?), the availability to get several large semi trailers and tractors, storage for all these items, and have it done by January 1st.

Add some "key" information and you may get more responses.

Edited by ia-k (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hey Andy,

You ARE the number ONE in all 50!!!!!!

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!!!!! I will call you tomorrow....

ia-k,

Call me -- I will go over the particulars.... As you just keep buying out places, and acquiring some awesome inventory, you never think about

the end.... Then what do you do ?????

Call me -- Craig -- 516 - 485 - 1935.......Hope you had a Merry Christmas...

Craig, I'm very sorry to hear about your health issues. As many have stated, you are a great vendor to do business with and a gentleman to talk shop with as well. My last purchase from you was a fuel pump from you at Macungie last summer for my '64 Caddy and I was looking forward to seeing you at Ag Hall in January for Automania.

Take care and I wish you the best of luck regarding your health and the sale of your inventory.

Dan

Hey Andy,

You ARE the number ONE in all 50!!!!!!

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!!!!! I will call you tomorrow....

ia-k,

Call me -- I will go over the particulars.... As you just keep buying out places, and acquiring some awesome inventory, you never think about

the end.... Then what do you do ?????

Call me -- Craig -- 516 - 485 - 1935.......Hope you had a Merry Christmas...

Hey Dan,

Your water pump is set out -- I will call you, as a courtesy, and all 7 of you, that I have orders ready to go for AG Hall, on Tuesday, Jan. 14th, before I head down that night.

Thanks for the kind words.... And for the kind thoughts....   Yeah, I have too much blood pressure by the brain, so I am hearing "like a test pattern" in my head.... I better not get Alzheimer's -- I have 14 billion part numbers committed to memory !!!!  This is scary, though.... And I haven't been informed of my final day on this Earth..... I hope it is not soon, to tell the truth!!!!

Happy Holidays, Dan, talk to you shortly..... Yours, Craig

ia-k,

I read back through my original post... And I don't see any mention of

January 1st...?!?!

The deadline is the day I die, and I haven't been given that date yet....

So if interested, call.... I don't need 7000 responses .... I need one REAL one.

You can bet that after 49 years of accumulating some awesome inventory,

I have more than $ 5.00 worth.... I can fill a couple tractor trailers....

Happy Holidays all, Yours, Craig......

Thanks for "viewing".   One real man -- CALL.....

I wasn't going to comment on mobileparts continued nonsense, but as he has called me out I will. If it wasn't for some other members commenting on that this guy is real I would think he was a Nigerian prince. 

Okay, we have it narrowed down to he has more than $5.00 worth, still no mention of a price range to see if it is feasible for an interested party to buy. Again, why waste my time calling and offering $50.00 if he is expecting $500,000.00? 

We have also narrowed it down to it is more than a pickup load and the buyer (unless he is offering free shipping) would need to line up and pay for a transport company. Again, not many people with the resources to get this done in a short amount of time. The "short amount of time" is in reference to his statements in his previous posts-

"For Failing Health reasons"

"I have blood flow problems around the brain -- this IS NOT good..."

"The deadline is the day I die, and I haven't been given that date yet...."

I gave the time range of Jan 1st to 6 month later.  Again, how serious are your health problems? To me in reading your posts I get the impression you only have a few weeks to live. Again, not many people with the resources to load up several trailers, transport the items, have the storage space for it, and have it done in the matter of a few weeks or less.

"You can bet that after 49 years of accumulating some awesome inventory,"

So is there a list of what you have so a potential buyer can get an idea of what I would be getting if they did buy you parts?  I personally wouldn't be making any "real" offer until I knew what I was getting for whatever price I paid. I once bought several boxes of NORS auto parts from a defunct hardware store chain. Parts were from the '1930-'60s. No list of what were in the boxes and ended up being mostly small electrical parts like generator and starter brushes. Needless to say I did not come out ahead on that deal. Why would I even make an offer on your items if I end up with boxes and boxes of generator/starter brushes again? 

I will state again that I am sorry for your health issues and that you are not longer to do something you obviously enjoy. But until you figure out why (and I have given you multiple reasons) people are not beating your door down to buy your stuff you can quit shaming me and the other forum members because they are not doing what you are expecting them to do which is apparently to give you $1,000,000.00 and have no idea what they are buying and a timeline for removal.

• Like 1

Hi, ia-k, and a hearty welcome to our friendly, supportive group !

I don't offer constructive criticism that frequently here, and as a rule, try to avoid "butting heads". So please accept a gentle suggestion in the positive spirit in which I offer it. 

Put rather simply, if you have real interest and capability, why not, as in the case of the cleaner version of the "Mathematician named Paul", (you know, who "had a hexahedronical ball"), since you have Craig's "phone number - give him a call !". In case you have misplaced the number, I have gone to the trouble of looking it up for you  :  516-485-1935.

It is somewhere between incredibly difficult, and impossible, to change a person. Understanding that truism can become a valuable compass with which to navigate the often stormy seas of life. From time to time, one simply has to engage with another person on THEIR terms, in the context of THEIR reality. Here : let me give you an example. See the frontal view of that 1924 Cadillac in the square to the upper left corner of this here "Sunday's Sermon" ? It is an original, unrestored 7 passenger touring. Hard to find if that is the one such ancient specific rare car you are hunting. After only 3 years, an ad popped up in Hemmings. Never have seen such a non-informative ad. Just the car model, no price, no phone number, no condition, no address, no nothing. Nothing but a P.O. Box in the name of R. Pierce, (did any of you old guys know Ray ?), in Akron-Canton, Ohio. That was 30 years ago. I guess you might say I had been presented with an opportunity of a lifetime, because I have never seen such a good deal on one of 'em since. If I hadn't played it Ray's way, but just turned around and second guessed him, and didn't drop a line to the 'Box, I would have missed out. See what I'm getting at ?

I have never had the pleasure of meeting or speaking with Craig. He's been here for a few years, and I always have been impressed with the way he conducts business, and the relationships he has with other forum members. He is certainly not a Princely Predator. What he is, is a guy enduring the untimely toughest stage of his now shortened life. Many of the people here, mostly in our 60s, 70s, and 80s, myself included, are in various stages of our terminal illness. Even some of our younger members are enduring and adjusting to such misfortune. You can't walk far enough in their shoes, or roll far enough in their 'chairs to fully understand what they are going through.

Can we all here in our Sunday congregation to which we warmly welcome all newly converted, take a lesson, please ? Can I get a witness ! Pray for Craig, and let him call his own hymns. If the spirit so moves you, go ahead and get up and dance. "It won't hurt you". And it won't hurt, if you really might want to dance, to get on the horn with Craig. This will be, to the right person, an opportunity of a lifetime. Remember that sparse ad in Hemmings ? Under these circumstances.............................. Craig, I hope you are and will continue to be comfortable. Hopefully your well-built business will soon find an energetic new proprietor.

Count your blessings, all. As a lay member, I leave you appropriately with my nickname from over 60 years ago.   -   Deacon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Craig is a very fine decent guy. I have spoken with him a few times, dealt with him at Hershey and recognize his predicament. He has a huge stock of  carefully inventoried accurately identified NOS.NORS, remanufactured and reproduced parts  His knowledge of his stock is encyclopedic. In a recent conversation about brake shoes he asked me if my brake drums were 10" or 11". I was unaware that there were 11" brakes factory installed on a few 1936 Dodges and I have been at this for a lot of years. He wanted to make sure that what I ordered was correct for MY car. His pricing is fair and his honesty is impeccable.

Like most of us. I am unable due to age and limited funds to take over his business. However, to lighten his load, if you think you may need something, give him a call and I'm sure he will try to help you. If I were younger and wealthier.........

That said, Craig, like every one of us in this old car hobby, has his quirks. He has spent his lifetime helping the rest of us restore our rusted treasures. Prayers are offered for his return to good health.

All best wishes

Jim

• Like 1

C Carl- thanks for the welcome but the number of posts listed for me is not an accurate number, I was accidentally "purged" when the post about the call girls went through earlier this year.

I am not butting heads, I am trying to tell him why I, and other members may not be showing interest in what he has. 

I will quote him again from his posts-

"Is there a real man  wanting to have a business for life?????"

"One real man -- CALL....."

So not only in addition to his secretive ways, which may be a whole bait and switch operation, he is bullying and degrading other forum members as we are not real men or women because we are not catering to his needs to buy something nobody has any idea of what is for sale or the cost.

Sorry, but for somebody to call me out as "not a real man", I have an issue with that! 

I will bite my tongue on commenting anymore on this post, I guess I see things differently when somebody is trying to sell something without any information on price or amount/description of items and taking potshots on whether I am a "real man or not".

My two cents! This is a large inventory business for sale and would be impossible to give an inventory related to the price on this forum. So in this case you call or better yet have a face to face meeting and then a tour of the inventory.   I do not think his inventory consists  of a 4X8 box trailer  behind a pickup  headed for a swap meet that is easily valued. So lets get serious and call the man if you are interested and stop kicking tires please.  

Sorry for the meltdown

PS I do not think you will need a ticket to Nigeria.

Joe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have known and had dealings with Craig for many years, and bought parts from his family when they owned Studnick"s Auto Parts in Valley Stream, Long Island, with the  business goes back to the  early Nineteen Twenties. Craig is a very knowledgeable, and a great fellow to deal with. Hopefully, you folks can get together, and work out a deal. Thanks, John 

Roger, John S, and all : I have heard of Pease, but as I am 3000 miles away, have never dealt with him. If my understanding is correct, there may be some inventory overlap period between him and Craig, BUT that in general, Pease is shifted farther towards the earlier end of the chronological spectrum, with Craig extended farther into the newer end. Is this true ? Would either conceivably have any parts for my mid '20s Cadillacs  ? Thank you for any leads.    -    Carl 

Oh, and thanks also to you, ia-k :

22 hours ago, ia-k said:

I will bite my tongue on commenting anymore on this post

Please consider this old man's advice : don't take forum discussions too seriously or personally. No need to get upset and confrontational with your fine forum friends. I wish you a very happy decade of the new '20s, and many more !!    -   CC 

• Like 2

It’s not Norman.......it’s Nelson, and much of what was there is gone.........he’s getting up in age, but still working every day. It was fun to be so close to one of the best old car parts houses in the country. My first trip to his place was back in 1972, and I took a Pierce over to visit him about two years ago. He would always smile every time I drove a car into the yard. He almost passed out when I pulled up in a Model J. The Pierce was a 29 barn find we got out of Virginia.

57814335-EC9E-4B48-958C-BC8116CF0887.png