1954 Citroen Traction Avant

Cest Magnifique !

Having owned and driven essentially all manner of Citroen, this Normale is truly amazing, and would be a noted addition to any serious collection.

My God, don't tempt me!  I have always wanted to own one of these, and this price seems very reasonable.  Lucky for my wife, we only have garage space for one collector car, but I'm sure this car is going to make someone very happy.  Good luck with the sale.

Neil

And this model  has a little known American connection. Circa 1932  it was the world's first mass produced all stamped steel bodied front wheel drive car made under Budd licensing ( for the stamped steel part ) 

The  steel stamped frame and fork on my 1931 BMW motorcycle were also made under Budd licenses!  

DSC09576.JPG

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 1:27 AM, mike6024 said:

I first saw one of these cars in a French movie. Can't remember what it was though unfortunately. An old black and white movie.

Yes.  A "who dunnit" movie.  At "the scene of the crime", you hear in the distant, a siren:  Hi, Lo, Hi, Lo, Hi, Lo, etc.  It gets louder and louder.  All of a sudden, a black Traction Avant

screeches to a halt, the front door swings open, and a detective (plain clothes) gets out.  I love it !!!

• Like 1

Maybe it was Le Corbeau.

In a small French town identified as "anywhere", anonymous poison pen letters are sent by somebody signing as "Le Corbeau" (the Raven). The letters start by accusing doctor Rémy Germain of having an affair with Laura Vorzet, the pretty young wife of the elderly psychiatrist Dr. Vorzet. Germain is also accused of practising illegal abortions. Letters are then sent to virtually all the population of the town, but keep getting back to the initial victim, Dr. Germain. The situation becomes increasingly serious when a patient of the hospital commits suicide with his straight razor after the Raven writes to him that his cancer is terminal.

Laura Vorzet's sister Marie Corbin, a nurse in the infirmary, becomes a suspect and is arrested, but soon new letters arrive. When one letter is dropped in a church from a gallery, it becomes apparent the Raven must be one of the people seated there at the time. They are gathered to re-write the Raven's letters as dictated by Dr. Vorzet, to compare the handwriting. Germain's lover Denise is suspected when she faints during the dictation, only for Laura to be identified by material found on her blotter. Germain agrees to sign an order committing Laura as insane; he is called away to attend Denise, who has fallen downstairs, but before he leaves Laura protests she wrote the Raven's first letters before Dr. Vorzet began dictating them, making him the true Raven. Just as the ambulance takes Laura away, Germain returns to find Dr. Vorzet dead at his desk, his throat cut by the cancer patient's mother as he was writing the Raven's final, triumphant letter.

Film was made in Occupied France!   https://pov.imv.au.dk/Issue_20/section_1/artc5A.html

Edited by mike6024 (see edit history)