Does your wife, significant other, help in the garage?

just me

My wife of 44 years passed away a year ago.  The only time I could get her in the garage was to help bleed brakes which she hated doing.  She indulged me in my hobby though.  We had a "Don't ask, don't tell" policy when it came to what I was spending on my cars.  She did enjoy going to most car club events for the social aspects.  

My "Chapter 2" lady friend says she would love going to car shows with me.  Her late husband was a diesel mechanic.  I may have hit the jackpot with this one.

• Like 2

I believe many are happy being single because most have things in their life that keep them busy. As we get older and we can do less physically, I believe the relationship of a good partner would come into play and it’s importance. I love my many hobbies but find hugging my cars, my RC planes, firearms, wood working equipment, etc., just isn’t that great. Sleeping with them doesn’t work either but I have been known to sleep with a gun! I suppose you can sleep with your dog or cat but we won’t go there.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, knee-action said:

I can spend three days doing a "killer" detail job on my wife's car and she never says a word. 53 years. I guess "it is what it is".

My other half thinks cars are just transportation.

Nothing more, nothing less.

She doesn't really understand my emotional attachment to my Grandfather's car and my Dad's car.

But she has never really said anything negative about my car hobby so I guess that is good.

She has expressed interest in 1st gen Mustangs but as a long time Chevy guy I'm not sure I could get rid of one of my '64s for a Mustang.

• Like 1

I do not have a wife, but met a few women that will help any way needed (they are rare though - and never met one yet that will dive into a mess without gloves) and my mom will help my dad and she will help me too - she draws the line though at polishing brass cars (nope, no thank you, you should not have bought that if you expected other people to clean on it, and ...).

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)