Help 1940ish FORD value

Bdrew

I am looking to sell some of my dads old cars he has lying around and I havent got a clue as to their worth. I have people trying to tell me they arent worth much more than scrap metal prices of maybe $500. I've included one of the trucks I have for reference. Thanks in advance. 

Screenshot_20190916-181404_Message+.jpg

Edited by Bdrew (see edit history)

In my opinion if someone got that for free, they would not be able to turn a dollar profit no matter what they do with it. While a part or 2 may be salvageable, by the time someone incurs a few hundred dollars to haul it home and dismantle it, there is no margin, even if he is lucky to find a buyer for a door or a rusty rear box. JMHO.

• Thanks 1

It appears that there is no engine, probably no tranny, no wheels, and decades of exposure to the elements. Any moving parts appear to be rusted into a solid mass.

Honestly, I think it is too far gone to have any value at all.

Are all of the vehicles in this condition? If this is the best of the bunch,  then unfortunately you've got nothing but scrap.

Sadly, this is a common occurrence, where vehicles are neglected to the point of no return.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had most of a '37 Chevy truck I couldn't get rid of for $200... I ended up selling what was left of the cab for $50 and scrapped the 1.5 ton frame and motor for $200. If you can find someone who will haul them away for you then you're a winner.

Also, I got the '54 Ford in my picture for $500 with a  clean title and it's not missing anything. I'll still never get my money back when I'm done.

Edited by Frantz (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I think if you threw it on facebook or craigslist asking 500,  you would have interest and probably move it.  Maybe for a little less,  but guys are still buying these when they are that cheap for everything from lawn ornaments to rat rod projects.  Nothing looks more natural than a 40 Ford Pickup with a 32 Ford Grille shell on an S10 frame. :(  Then they can be creative just like all the other guys building the same exact mess.  But smile when you fold the bills and put them in your pocket , telling them boy that sound like it will be really nice as they relate their dream to you.   

One bonus is it still has glass so it might even have some floors left. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'd be interested in it for yard art.  Put a flower box in the bed and paint my farm name on the door, then sand half of it off.  I have the perfect spot for it where the neighbors can't see it, but I can.   I'm looking a 40/41 Ford Pickup in the same condition.  Would consider $400 a good buy on it.

Edited by Paul Dobbin
spilling errors (see edit history)

I am located in the middle Georgia area. I have this one, another one basically same condition with motor and trans but no bed and it's a dually. Also have a late 60 early 70 cobra torino, a torino and a gto. All in pretty rough shape in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Bdrew said:

I am located in the middle Georgia area. I have this one, another one basically same condition with motor and trans but no bed and it's a dually. Also have a late 60 early 70 cobra torino, a torino and a gto. All in pretty rough shape in my opinion. 

The Cobra Torino and GTO would be worth more in any condition than the trucks. Commercial trucks especially aren't worth much. If you can find someone who needs some parts that's really the best end for them at this point. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

On the positive side, all the glass is still intact and it's not shot full of bullet holes. 

If it were mine, I'd put a set of roller tires on it, rattle can primer it gray, then put it on eBay for $1,500.

It's all in the presentation.