Find the Buick

Elpad

On 7/5/2021 at 12:58 PM, Elpad said:

ACD968AC-F454-45F4-B825-734185D877D1.jpeg

Thank you, Elpad, for this pic.

The 1956 Buick is stopped (in a No Parking Zone) at the main entrance to Radio City Music Hall on what was the New York City's 6th Avenue, later renamed Avenue of the Americas. this pic looks to the South on 6th Ave, and the cross traffic is going east on 50th Street. To the immediate right, 10 years later, would have been my office on the 4th floor of the Time & Life Building, with multiple fountains at the entrance, and parking spaces reserved for "New York Press - Only". 

Thanks for the memories.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 1:23 AM, Marty Roth said:

Thank you, Elpad, for this pic.

The 1956 Buick is stopped (in a No Parking Zone) at the main entrance to Radio City Music Hall on what was the New York City's 6th Avenue, later renamed Avenue of the Americas. this pic looks to the South on 6th Ave, and the cross traffic is going east on 50th Street. To the immediate right, 10 years later, would have been my office on the 4th floor of the Time & Life Building, with multiple fountains at the entrance, and parking spaces reserved for "New York Press - Only". 

Thanks for the memories.

And if you were parking in a press area you had better make sure your car had NYP license plates otherwise the meter maids would be more than happy to ticket you. lol

just wondering if that was an overcast day or could that be smog.

that area looks quite different now

great pic thanks

Marty

• Like 1

Chrysler?

oh,  now I see the 1936,

and the one next to the Dodge appears similar, but to be a Pontiac by the rake and size of the grille?

thanks !

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)