Find the Buick

Elpad

On 3/11/2022 at 11:33 PM, Elpad said:

7D36F2EE-5B23-406A-A071-AA531071DA88.jpeg

looking at this great pic i am figuring it is from 73 with some great cars in it 

but one of the most interesting is on the left next to the boat the white car with the black hood is a 

1969 Ford Torino Talladega one of about 750 made and back then probably not worth much more than a new 225

but now a restored one is in the statosphere. great pic Thanks

Marty

On 4/1/2022 at 4:58 AM, Elpad said:

A27A5D39-C183-45A7-AB83-7B0A1268AC5E.jpeg

You're on a roll, Elpad, with this most recent group of photos!  This one is the most intriguing to me.  It appears to be a double exposure, with some ghostly images, like the Plymouth in the foreground.  Also, what's with the slogan of this burger joint, "In sight it must be right?"  What does that even mean?

Wikipedia provided the answer to my question.  This is the origin of the Steak 'n Shake slogan:

A. H. "Gus" Belt (born in Morrisonville, Illinois) founded Steak 'n Shake in Normal, Illinois, in February 1934, after serving four years in the United States Marine Corps. He converted the combination gas station and chicken restaurant that he owned (Shell's Chicken) into a hamburger stand.

Steak 'n Shake's slogan "In Sight It Must Be Right" originally referred to Belt's practice of wheeling a barrel of T-bone, sirloin, and round steaks into the public area of his restaurant, then grinding them into burgers in front of his customers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...