Find the Buick

Elpad

4 hours ago, Elpad said:

Someone found it

A024ACD5-7109-469C-A8E0-90D180A0B923.jpeg

Nice '41 Phaeton (Convertible Sedan),

... and how 'bout the really rare 1942 Chevrolet convertible at the near-side curb ?

5 hours ago, RivNut said:

What kind of car is the taxi with the bobbed fenders?

Thats a Checker. I think Hemmings Classic Car had an article on these in the last year. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

I see it hiding behind the big red truck..although I am wondering if the 37/38 parked along the curb on the left ma be another?

Hmm ... I see one obvious one (a '50?) in front of a Packard and behind the second red truck counting from the right side.  But judging from the radio antenna on the roof, I think the one next to it (and behind the COE red truck) might also be a Buick.  I'm not so sure about the one you mention parked along the curb on the left -- the grill seems a bit wide for either a '37 or '38 Buick.  However many Buicks are in the photo, it's a great photo for sure!  A very interesting mix of cars, including two '50 DeSoto's.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, neil morse said:

Hmm ... I see one obvious one (a '50?) in front of a Packard and behind the second red truck counting from the right side.  But judging from the radio antenna on the roof, I think the one next to it (and behind the COE red truck) might also be a Buick.  I'm not so sure about the one you mention parked along the curb on the left -- the grill seems a bit wide for either a '37 or '38 Buick.  However many Buicks are in the photo, it's a great photo for sure!  A very interesting mix of cars, including two '50 DeSoto's.

Looks like the two Buicks are side by side behind the trucks, two non Buick related things I notice about the photo. The metal roofs are in style again at least in Florida and being a retired DOT officer, The US Mail tractor trailer could be an independent contractor? When the US mail own government trucks adopted the 🦅 and the red, white and blue scheme?