What is a 30 Model A worth.

Wheelmang

You can get a 1930 Model A coupe in fully restored condition for perhaps $25,000 and a pretty decent one for about $15,000. In comparison, $10,500 seems very expensive for a car with considerable needs and it's probably more than $10,000 away from being ready to use. Spend more for a better car up front and you'll be WAY ahead later. There's no shortage of Model As out there, and almost all of them are very reasonably priced.

• Like 1

Spend a little more up front and get a better car.  Someone might enjoy the patina / neglect on this one,  but it doesn't have to be you, unless it's your thing. 

With Model A's there are probably around 1000 for sale or more at any time,  so pick your color,  pick your options pick your condition and with due diligence pick your price range.  Be sure to buy one with a good engine.  Any one that seems like a deal will not be a deal when you plunk down 4000. or more for an engine rebuild you will never recoup out of one when the time comes to sell. 

Clearly a lot of stuff has been done to that car over the years. With a quick glance, lots of stuff is not original. Headlights, horn, ignition switch are all incorrect. The cowl lights have been removed. The lug nuts appear to have been painted along with the wheels, which leads me to believe that probably none of the paint on the car is original. I have not really following Model A prices for the past 4 years or so, but I would think that one in that condition would be about a $5,000 car at best.

The unfortunate part of A's for the introductory hobbiest is the buy in is high for unrestored cars that need alot of work because of the rodders,  who will pay around 3500 or so just for the body.  Where much better ones can be found for about what they want out of this one. There is a short sharp curve for value on these,  where you really need to spend the money up front because you will lose alot doing much of the work,  even at just the price of parts and you provide the labor for free. 

A car mentor once told me always by the best Model A you can find........because it costs the same as the worst Model A you can find. A bit of a stretch, but not far off. 

• Like 1

Have you been to the classifieds on the MAFCA.org website? That might help you with Model A prices. There are usually several great cars available, and much better deals than this. Keep in mind it's a 90-year old car. To turn around the Groucho Marx line, believe your eyes, not what you're told.

• Like 1