1934 LaS basket case attempt..

8 hours ago, F&J said:

I am quite low right now.  I must find a away to get meds without that 10 day wait of testing...  :( 

Goooood Morninggggg AACA..AAAAAAAAAAAAAA, in my best Robin Williams speak from the Movie about being a DJ in Viet Nam.  :)

I will be right back down in my shop again today, dagnabbit!  I got Chit to do!  I sat in my quiet place yet again, like EVERY morning, and I finally understood why the group of monks in the teaching seminary ALWAYS were taught to say those words that translated to our speak as "NOW I begin".  Why each morning??  Simple....we need CONSTANT daily reminder to know that the basic thought of that "potentially dangerous" local fellows powerful words directed to me 15 years ago...."DO NOTHING".  It relates to the monks view that only today is real.  The leaf will ALLWAYS end up where IT needs to be.  When I said those last two frozen screws I HAD to walk away from last night...because I was "tired"...um no, I meant that solutions ALWAYS come to be in the morning...Well I'll be dipped in chit... that is JUST like the old phrase "when you are in a pickle"...the old Yankees here said "Sleep on it"... DING!...same chit as the monks need to keep telling the "students".  No I am not slowing going off the deep end, I am so far to the opposite now...it just gets betterer.

When I said I was upset the "brainwashed" "uneducated" LOCAL history teachers NEVER once mentioned the CLOSE by Connecticut Path?  That is because as one local teacher said as her excuse to ME, "I did not grow up here".  What a tool...or walking dead....She was "educated" by yet another "teacher" using the pre-set curriculum!!!  It just was eliminated from the basic History lesson manual, as such a small event, that is just plain was not put in that manual..

I will NOT seek "pre-planned, restricted", Medical  "advice".  I threw away that evil thing called a TV years ago...so I do my own "learning".. which makes me POSITIVE I always WILL have Lyme....that is why the last test showed "Lyme Antibodies" and the doctor was taught to say that is normal and also say, you do not "have" Lyme from the tick bite that brought you here again.  He is NOT allowed to know? or if he does know, not allowed to SAY that Lyme is incurable.  I also said that I have "read" "learned on my own", that the silly blood test-only, proves NOTHING, as it has an very high rate of giving "a false negative"... not the "real test of a tissue sample" which can be so accurate, but the Insurance lobby has set up to be "not covered"..he, he  wake the heck up Frankie... oh wait, I already was! LOL

Meds are not needed by me right now IMO.  My antibodies are certainly still in me...so off to work I go!  oh wait...it is not work....I "love" what I do!    Let's ROCK, today!

And... I will take pics....I figured out there is a glitch in that pizzpoor product that KODAK markets...he he.  a hidden file, slowly fills, yet cannot be opened to "see:" what is in it... so I just deleted it, and ding.... I have "big Memory" again.  LOL, and "imagine that"...., I don't even have a GED.  LMFAO. :) 

• Like 1

Ok, I had a great day.  First thing when going out my back door of house to head to the shop,,,I see I left the front door wide open.  I leave it open to cool the place down, but I forgot to go close it.  I did not worry like sometime, if something was stolen, because if some was taken, i'd never really know...If I cannot find a wrench or something else, I just get tired of looking for where I put it, and if I never run acroos it again, I just assume it is at the one place I did not see it.

I saw that luggage rack pie ce in the vise right at the front part, so I figured I have time to see if I can get that stubborn slot head screw out.

I used that "custom ground to fit that slot" black bit, and small visegrips to try to palm it back forth to feel any twitch.  I was holding left palm down firmly to keep the bit locked in the slot tighly.  The custom grind I did was a hammer fit in the slot...the best way to prevent stripping the slot.  ...Nope it will never break loose...but I kept trying, and ding, I felt that tiniest movement start.  many careful back forth got it loose;

100_0110.JPG.a17a4fde5cb97726a23fbb90c1d77010.JPG

Then I used my favorite one of many wood chisels, all missing their old wood handles, they work slick as scrapers, body crease tools, etc, but this time, a ramped wedge, flat side down, to not scratch the aluminum casting, and the wedge side gets way under, and lifts straight up what I thought was a brass thin stamping of that once chromed strip... 

100_0111.JPG.57869fdeba9819f399d8e63daef053a8.JPG

^^^ pic is blurry as I was trying to push the button with one hand AND keep it aimed right...give me some time to get the hang of this.  They should make a tech thread camera that you can aim and click easier onehanded,  with a button in a sensible spot!!

Boy I was captain oblivious yet again...that strip brass, but a solid casting!!! I am glad I did not ruin the threads of bend it, getting it unstuck on those pegs.  I said the 3rd hole on each luggage rack arm looked like a hole with a dowel..  It is NOT, it is just a tough spot at the factory, to get a screw in....so the line guys just "skipped that screw" on every one they ever assembled!

100_0112.JPG.ceffe0641d854982eae129773684db9f.JPG^^^ I knew that these strips are wear strips to protect the painted arm, but I was unobvious to the thought that if a wear part. how could it NOT be a solid brass casting?? You can see the never used screw hole filled with dirt or insect nest mud.

Ok, so I got to the job of finishing the 34 so it can be picked up when the Mercedes arrives this weekend.  Tim has a tought time finding any good time to do anything from the farm work, esp now with planting.  But the Mercedes owner can only get a ride back to his home on mid Saturdays from past knowledge.

I was welding grinding with bed slippers and only one sock!  No weld burns on my tooties... but I was noisey and a guy startled my weld, but standing right by my welder, saying, I'm here.  It was new friend Greg with the wax.  He said by many phone tag and his recorded message box "message", that he does not get back to any phone tags, right awy..it may take 3 days to decide to look at both phone types.   One message said that he would just drop off some free sample wax to have me try, but he always says; " I  don't really make any solid plans, so I will just not ever call you, and if your are gone,  I will leave it where I know you will see it"  <<< I like this guy already  LOL

100_0113.JPG.ed106ba08e6b5698da63dcfe09942939.JPG^^^ he wrote a 1.5 page note that I only found when I took the pic for here,...  I did not read it yet, as he must have said the same stuff :) .,  He then said he wished he brought a tiny piece of solf wax to compare but I said I don't need it.  Then he said Styrene can be added to made it even harder?  A liquid it seems?  He asked if this bag full was enough, and  I said yes.  Now that I think, I know I said a "gallon" would be too much, and I don't know wax weights so I used gallon to let him know.

I did give the whole tour, and he said wait a minute as I hurried to the LaS room.. He wanted to check out the 32 rod.  He was stoked.  He has a 62 Stude as you know, so my other older cars may not be exciting to his taste? but the rod was?

He never said a word about me working on his Stude, just like his old message said; he was only dropping off free wax.."It will be when it will be" ,...the Stude work.

I got to work on the Ford again, but It's been a growing idea that I need to tell people that just cannot do everything to every car, and YOU can do the easier stuff, you should be able to.  So, I ignored a couple of things on my daily "to do" list that I amost never write.  If I have time, I will do them all. Stuff like easy to weld stress cracks all over a farm truck from twisting with rotted structure.  These are easy as they are solid metal cracks, not cracks due to "rusted-both-sides" cracks from thinned metal.

100_0116.thumb.JPG.5ce256972d309210bb72b2bae9ebf3d5.JPG

100_0117.thumb.JPG.b5d303fa16c3bd46ee6d78efcdb9da0c.JPG

So, this is a good chance to give away spare body tools that were given to me by John, he will be happy they get used again.

I will see if Tim needs any...and as his sisters nice garage is 5 minutes away, I will drive over "free" to teach stuff and he DOES have a big fancy Mig to weld with.

100_0114.JPG.0069e52ed1e8ce53dddf53c6651a2bf0.JPG^^^^^^^^^^^^ The only one I want to keep , is the one up top, touching the wheel of welder.  That one has a nice high, compact dome, and will be good for certain areas.  The rest I need gone, but one is so cheezy that the head won't stay on, so I left it off so nobody uses it.  The "best one here" is the rubber handle one, but it has a flat face that needs to be made crowned like my two old timer Protos ones below. .... With a low crown, not flat or not high crown.

100_0115.JPG.8435dbd614c6ca3b02a028b610fe4778.JPG^^^ I only bought these ^^^ and never tried any other shapes, as that one on the right is perfect all around like the tool guy said. I then looked at the other one and he said do not buy it yet as it is just special use.  But I did.  I do use it but only as it is heavier and wider face,  But always wished I can take the time to cut 1/2 of that hooked tip off, then make a straight, flat wide wedge like the other one, but the wedge would be 90 degrees different.

That;s it for now, I don't know if I really have restarted the LaS thread???... how the heck should I know.... that answer is hidden in the future. LOL    ...Oh, and Bob Jr was here for a long spell, I tried to have him decipher that red paint words, but we still can't read it.  I did say why/how I know my estate guy got the stuff, and why I think it came through the guy that Bobs dad saw/helped, loading his trailer with free things as a gift, after buying the main pile of random make stuff from the living owner back then. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, F&J said:

Ok, I had a great day. 

Hi, or "good morning, Friends" <<< read into that word as you will or won't, understood completely, or not...Matters not!

No tech today ,,,or none intended right this moment in my mind, .....but how can I really say I will not feel the need to do tech later today?  I hope you know enough about me by now, to know I am dead serious, and "why".

trying to keep things "short" so as to not make you numb.. Sooo many things become so much clearer each and every day now, since I finally "figured out" the last piece of "everything about everything" just a week or less ago. How can I "talk the talk" in very few words?  I need to find a way, or I cannot continue my LaS thread, I'd need to go back to my "safe" Thread, The 32 Nash.  They are as different as can be.  You readers that follow, see that already.

I knew this build thread "needed",... meaning I need, to write a book almost, to try to mix how "I" tackle my typical "hopeless" project's repairs, but also teach that stuff? And..also... >> how I can afford to "buy" the 95% mostly "convertible bodied" cars, or to do any of the restoration with near zero spare "funds".  >>Funds<<, because we all know we don't necessarily need to always spend "money" in very certain cases, on a certain part, or "help" that is needed, to get a bit further with a certain item on the car.  In my case, I do get a ton of free tools, supplies, advice, parts, help, you name it.  It is a HUGE part of why my lineup of all my cars is so apparent, while walking the 90 foot long shop as seen by so many visitors. (and...not many people ever get a tour of my 68 foot "barn", where even more very cool vehicles are stored..and one car is a rental $ storage-only car, but cool as chit, owned by a young buck since he was 12 earth :)years old!)... I have a LOT of impressive(?) machines, tools,supplies, parts, as well as cars...and  >>most importantly<<, but simply not all there at one moment...(true!!!) FRIENDS!

I stop here....an instant thought that I MUST.  Not wanting to cause a Lonnnnggg unneeded pile of confusing WORDS!

Just a quick note of lately.. This post is solely about making a good car show 10 times better, even though it is advertised as just some sort of monthly cruise=in at a restaurant..

My point is that I and many others that like STOCK prewars never see any around...but I feel we can change that by some sort of fun effort.

As you know, I went to the first ever so called car show with the "new" 32,  a few weeks ago with my son driving us to a cruise.  I had such an amazing time, as well as that guy I said that "never attends", and never lets anyone get close to him...him driving ONE of his many rods...and by the middle of the event, we are hanging so close...people kinda noticed why that guy came out of shyness??

Anyways, I have been wanting to get some more friends to show up next time.  I made a few calls lately, and now getting feedback in a good way.  Problem is, the stock guys Won't Go if it's mostly RODS!!! DuH???  maybe you should come,  but first force your boxed headed friends to come too, the more at that show, it multiplies next time..he he

So Yes I will be there with a rod, My only other choice is modded 66 chevy truck which will be cool to some people, but I like to take the Ford. ...Ok, so MANY people showed up here today, honestly, .. One car pulled in and a minute later another... something is different this year....., I sure noticed SO many new oldie cars and trucks passing my home each day... Why or where are they all  coming from? There is some sort of vintage car/truck explosion this year, but why, I don't know, but many are rods.

Ok, so "Paulie" shows up too, He has been dealing with a couple heath issues, but says the main one is cured, but never said more so I don't ask...anyways I chat up that cruise,,,it is 20 minutes drive for him., so NOW he is going, with one of two 32s. One is the coupe that was in my shop on that tornado day, and other is a Vicky I've never seen...with an L88 chevy big block!!

I am not really doing so good with the "shutting down my shop"  LOL... here is his email late today after the visit here:

(QUOTE) below:

Frank,

Went by Midway Pizza on the way home. Sign says last Thursday of the month. That would make it the week after this Thursday  FYI.   LOVED seeing your LaSalle !!!!!  You're one lucky guy. If you get time in between jobs and you want to wire or fire my 35 with me let me know. Health first !!  I'm gunna try to get on it in a couple of weeks . If my wife is ok. She's having a heart test Monday. Nice seeing you. Talk soon.  I'll give Matt a holler soon.  (END QUOTE)

"Wire or Fire" that be hardcore car guy speak...meaning he wants the wiring built, then hints to: get all systems Up and driving!!  yea, I do have some space here somewhere... but yes I will book him in on a "flex deal", That 35 Chevy 2 door sedan is "nuts", meaning way. way too cool.

^^ that Matt guy he will call ....good grief!..Matt built the chassis for Paulie, a 32 roadster rod a few years ago(sold now)...I never knew they knew each other!! So, I bet when Matt hears from Paulie, he will come too, but I bet with another 32 he has or one of the more he has built !...I hope this one is his Graffiti Milner coupe! Wow.

then as I started my post here,  "Dave" from Mass calls to check in, so now I think he is coming too! with a Old California built chop/channeled  5 window 32 coupe, Early Olds power like mine.    All the 32s, I forgot to say are Fords.  This may grow as these guys NOW call others for that Show Date..whoopie... Pleaaasse try this with the STOCK guys..they are SUPER welcome HERE!! no bull. you will fit in like a glove!  Meaning whatever city state or country is your own local cruise!! Try some effort and it will grow!

Dave had to cut it short, at some tasking, but is calling me back...I know he wants to know if I am bringing my 32 up into Mass tomorrow for the Orange, Mass old-timer Airport Drag reunion, and actually racing.  I am not going, I need to let my ankle rest , but my son is going with the 32 and bringing Tim owner of the 34 truck that I will FINISH!! tomorrow..My son is out trying to get stiffer gas shocks for the rear of our 32, as Tim is not fat at all, but a "really big boy"  ...Son said the 32 needs upgrading with lil' Timmy on board !!! LOl.. Whatever it takes to have some grins  BYE

My own most epic post ever, not on just this thread, but every other web related thread or post I have ever done. I hope it ends, very short of text..as humanly possible

100_0118.JPG.395db5eab5f4263dfa61d09b461e0159.JPG

Relate any text or pics here as relating to the expected trip to any vintage car "happening, either going to a show, vacation, or visit to wherever.. If your car is a 1917 Dodge fully stock, or whatever...matters not..

The picture above was taken by me about 10am today.  As I still have not gotten used to how hard to push the shutter button...my delay did not "catch" the secret pic I wished for...(not planned...because if planned, I'd be disappointed) 

This is "hiding" Joe, and Tim,   Tim just plain moved a bit, from being more visible...that's all.  I had wanted a pic to show how big of a person he is at 24 earth years.  He simply looks like you KNOW he cannot ride shotgun to the 56 mile trip to the Orange Mass dragstrip reunion.  He fits just fine, not only due to the super good passenger floor space, but he also slides a bit to lower his head.  He fits pretty darn good in the chopped top 32.

Tim was a second choice of my son, as "Cowboy", another Matt, unexpectedly went on a Fla trip with a girlfriend.  My son said he is lighter, and we did have an issue of "bottoming out" on the pass side axle bumper if that person is too heavy, or really more weight that the car was BUILT for  ...(by ME, for ME)

Tim was never considered as any choice, as he NEVER can get time off on any Saturday at the farm...but...imagine that.... he was able to.  But!!!, Tim even has been in the car, back a few moths ago, given a ride then, however as the rear spring was still settling from the original re-arc I did to lower the car, it now has finalized and leaves the issue that the "build" cannot take a heavy passenger load, yet it dead perfect for my 165 weight!

So, when my son started prepping the car for the trip at 5pm last eve, he was trying to find a suitable rear spring leaf he would add to the rear 46-48 buggy spring pack... We simply do not have one here...I was fairly sure of that before we looked.

So...TWO people flashed random ideas...for just this trip, with THAT weight, as a bandaid.  My son worked mostly alone but I did attend for: ..(my ankle was really swollen and very discomforting)..work techniques and teachings, selecting tools... as we had decided to go with much stiffer, and now "gas" shocks instead. We lucked out as we knew his High School days forever friend named Dillon, MUST NEED be on night duty tonight at the local Autozone, as not only a ( constantly changing shift hours) Store manager...Dillion is also a FAB guy!, and he knows HOW to select a shock by measures, pin location, and stiffness!!  My son returned from AZ at 8:30 then with what he said Dillion chose as: Squarebody GM 4x4 K10 rear shocks...he he..Joe was surely under stress at the store, so he messed up Dillon's speak...I just knew they are K10 "Fronts" just from seeing the top extended eye bushing  LOL,.... what a newbie LOL

He quit at midnight, with just a few checks we all make left to do.

We lost power the second time today which is SO very rare on a MAIN State road!  We worked without, even though we have 2 generators (both were FREE).  I took total charge STRONGLY, as he was tensed up, as he usually NEVER is.. He was wanting a stres free adventure, so just rushing too hard to make it work.

So, All 3 of us today at departure time,considered tools to take?  all said NO.

Then as I got near the soon leaving car, my son said "YOUR car has a cool feature you did not build".  It was a "modification"by Joe, of my modified 40 Ford dash's  "radio block off plate, that I built as a hinged, multi position defroster vent...he showed me this:

100_0119.JPG.d75bc9c5fc9e32f585ef6d38c538a0a5.JPG

^^^ A GPS holder!  Man...it looks like it was made for it.  I never built a stop for the hinged vent cover, only several spring loaded detents to hold it in several didfferent positions.  He let it go past those, all the way!  He IS now ...A fab guy,aking mods to his specs or needs!

Here they go... on their adventure today..  AND I DEMANDED pics!! and said pics of you either at the show, broke down, or wrapped around a tree,,,, I WANT pics of this trip of a lifetime...that I KNOW it will be in THEIR and my minds forever, no matter what!!!  ....

:)  X 1000!   It is a true first for both of them, leaving the nest so to speak!

100_0120.JPG.4e71d6ce7c8b5b2211aa7d1da57e0a0b.JPG

I "plan"....<<< a word I really don't like.... to tell Joe he now owns the Ford when they both return, and hope I am able to say that as soon as they shut the 47 Ford flip lever ignition off...so Tim will still be here, and also hear my words.

In the last few weeks of space reorganization with all MY cars,,,, I simply cannot "care" for them all... My 32 Nash is, and was, always my Favorite, always will be, but as it still needs the finals, and the LaS needs so much of my attention and care.  I cannot care for them all...simple as that!!  Note the word above : >> "care".  I KNOW he will be the BEST caretaker of THAT car in my own life.  I am a fab guy as well as a builder, I just never enjoyed the care they demand in SO many physical areas.  I just found a great compromise??  Yes, I sure did.  Take Care, my friends..  update at 11 ?, I sure hope

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

Awesome, love the dash shot.   Frank,  what were the garages originally built for?  farm equipment?

The 40 dash main tin shell came from a 40 ford cutdown doodle bug I parted out on ebay as I 'Needed" money then, but as those tractors have no roof, the dash was too rusted to sell. but I can't throw old stuff away... I tried to fin d a 32 ford Closed car dash at my budget but could not...then why not try to save and mod the 40,?  it was a very common swap in the 50s for a 32.  I never liked the 40 dash cluster (and was rotted), but bought an unknown cool one at a swap for cheap.  It did not fit, so I made it like a shadow box thing with tapered out or in edges to fit it in but recessed below a glass window, It is a 46-48Ply car!  Kenny said "Dems" the ones that change color as you go faster"  WTH??? yes the speedo entire numbers, needle and lines at the numbers do go from green,.,,to yellow-orange, and the to RED at over- speeding speeds!!  It works too.  Maybe I can do a video while Joes drives HIS car some night  :)

Then I put 73 Ford pickup guts in the 47 Mopar 6v faces... from a tech thread on hamb...it all works mint and ,looks stock...ooops "stock 47 Ply"  He He

Hey, I missed a call while outside BS ing with Will the Mercedes guy.  I knew my son never calls to say he  "got to Florida ok": or wherever.  so I was wondering if it might be him saying it broke down,,,,,well I hear his "Hey Its Me".  like that is some fhint of who the heck is calling LOL... so it did not sounds tense.....then... Just wanted to call to say we made it ok.....and a couple guys wanted to know if THIs was the car from hamb... holy moley, he should know someone would know it!!!

I told Will that I just gave my 32 away and just a simple version, but also recalled, that recently Joe has measured and decided that the Ford needs to be in the right side garage door bay in top barn...stays cleaner, and wat=y so much easier to pull up that light door and take the car on a whim, or take it to a place/clore that you would have, but didn't as it was just a bit of more work to get from the big shop...see, he giving hints... not really, but he really knew it was a good road car going to waste..

another thing I thought of an hour ago....see the GPS pic?  That is a modifed shorty windshield swing out brackets, set with W/S open...  I first noticed it open for the first time EVER, after he used it one night.  I never wanted it open, as I don't like wind, that is why I built roll up side windows.  Heck 32 Cabriolet is the ONLY 32 ford style that NEVER had a swing out, but I modded a 28 Dodge truck W/S frame a friend gave me 35 years ago.... It just made the mod so easier if I made it swing out!!  SEE, it IS his car,,,being changed all along for him, not ME!!  

I have an old childhood key chain of his in my pocket right now, says Joe on one side in Factory print, then VERMONT on other.  I stuck his Chevy truck only key on their back in January when he bought it, so the key would not get lost.  This AM when he was getting in to back out..he asked about some new keys on the Ford carpet..sheesh , I told him 5 days ago that I ran across the keys to the door handles and trunk, so I just tossed them in the car..... I will put those on his chain, and hand them to hime when he gets home, and I know for fact with my few words, he will KNOW why he MUST be the caretaker, not JUST a benefactor

10 hours ago, F&J said:

update at 11 ?, I sure hope

Last LaS thread for a long long time.. The 32 got back just fine...they had to take the highway back to here, as the back way was all choppy.. I was shocked...they ran 80+ mph...on Bias tires, on drum brakes, he,he.. They are on their game. ( just too eager to get places!......but that will change in time) :)

I ordered those NORS1934 LaS clutch lining discs, they are perfect and correct, I still have any size clutch/brake rivets from my Dads 50s shop to do it.  The seller is the guy who I pm-ed here that will tell something of how my LaS collection was assembled, and by who, I think....he,he...   I SAID I knew he was real busy!  He said "only these words" on today PM, ,..."call me anytime at" :-----.  I will soon, no rush, as I think I can get to the Nash in a few days for the 3.80 gear swap "test", then take out on road, no plates, who cares...a cop would never give me a ticket around here in that car.  Then see if 3rd gear RPM is perfect like I really hope!

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:34 PM, F&J said:

Last LaS thread for a long long time..

Well, I did not follow my own words to myself or to others yet again....meaning to be where I finally am, and where I know I always will be no matter what.... I MUST never say I have "decided" or "plan" anything TODAY, related to what WILL happen tomorrow..

I must? or is it realty "need" to finish the LaSalle FIRST.  I have always preferred to keep any of my projects (cars), advancing equally in completion.  I believe that was so that if I had perhaps narrowed my goal down to only having 3, I did not want to finish one at a time, and not fear that the 3rd one might later prove to be my all time favorite, and find myself too worn down to ever finish it.

The Ford is the ONLY car I ever allowed anyone to dictate and insist that it be finished first.  I did fight back the fact that I don't like to work that way, but my Son was "technically correct" in that it "should or must' be finished NOW.  I explained that I do agree for reasons stated, but his idea that it would only take "some wiring and a gas tank setup" which he assumed is like 3 weeks.... I insisted that as he never built a car, he simply cannot know it will take at least a few months.  So, starting around a day or two into July, I did go full tilt on ORDERS from another person, working EVERY day until early October to finally hit the so called finish, when the car made it to legally registered and "on the road".  But as any old school rodder that builds junk with more junk into a car, the "finish" is seemingly never quite done. The 32 Ford DOES still need some work.  That long trip it took with my Son and Tim, was just simply by far, the longest "road test" ever completed, to see what still needs tweaking.

When they left and I took that pic of it leaving my home, I still mentally/knowingly owned the car.  Perhaps it took an hour to know it was really his car all along for perhaps a year or who knows??.   And this morning in my quiet place, a place that NEVER fails to add yet more knowing of "what it is all about", I now know I was working non-stop to finish a customers car.  That is the honest truth, it was already his car but he and I as well as Joe, just plain did not know it.

I know and have said, that after knowing what makes me, and the entire point of life work in fine tune, I must finally allow the thought that I simply cannot do everything myself for my cars, or even customers anymore.  I knew the LaSalle project would "need" some subcontracting right from the first few days of ownership...and in the last day or less, I know the Ford needs some "Pro help".  That new "friend" I met at that cruise with a hardcore traditional 32 Ford roadster definitely has the knowledge and I truly believe, the "desire" to help a new young owner of a traditional 32, to be able and to want to help.  I hope he will, and I know he is a specialist in "everything 32 rod" but also that particular area Joe and I need help with....the rear suspension.  The rear suspension on a traditional 32 is quite involved, as to not only getting it to ride nice, but as in setup for a particular "weight" as in "RIGHT" for ONE drivers weight, with what size gas tank, but in our case, that "ride weight" changes, depending on if Joe drives alone, compared to a huge heavy person like Tim, also riding along.  So one trip is hundreds of pounds different than the other.  32's have almost no "body" or weight, hanging past the rear axle, this makes the rear suspension VERY limited in getting that weight difference in different passengers, very difficult to achieve.

My son and I "can" likely "stumble" onto a compromise by adding more or less rear leafs, but the shock firmness MUST be changed again to balance the new spring rate..at nearly ever test!  In other words, we are just throwing tests at it, like a newbie throwing new parts at a car engine problem that he cannot get running.  Besides, I know I am exhausted right now, and when rested fully at some point, I would RATHER finish MY LaSalle, as I WANT, and NEED to drive my own car! .... and still have strength and time to work on customers cars.... a job that I still must do to add just the small extra $ amounts to stay liquid on each months bills, added to my SSI check, and a very small retirement check..... AND the fact that I must still take customer work, but now "EXTEMELY hand selected" as things I simply do because I love doing, and WANT to do.

So, as Joe backed the crashed Mercedes into my true "only" workbay late yesterday, and I knew I'd fall apart as far as total relax as that owner said "I don't care when you finish", and the next one in is Pauls 35 Chevy rod, and same "I don't care", followed next in mid August by Rons 37 Cord with exact same "I don't care".

So, right now I don't "have" to do a dam thing for the foreseeable future until "when" the day arrives that sees the Cord in that bay.  AT that point, which is the only known-"plan", as Ron simply picked that mid-August "appointment" is the simple fact that he is 5,5 hours from me, and he is just dragging the Cord here on another planned unrelated trip thought Connecticut!  So, in other plain words, I only "need" to allow "room" for the Cord that date.  I can store INDOORS somewhere here,  all three cars indefinitely!...all of this starting last night when the Mercedes was turned off!  Sure, I still need dollars to stay up with my bills, but I do have some left.  So...as I am so beat up, I may not do a dam thing for a week, month, or a day, it simply does not matter!  That is totally "UNCONTROL" of my LIFE!  We all were put on this earth, at the moment our Mom AND DAD "delivered us" in that Hospital room.  Most of us completely lose that uncontrol. 

I got it fully back at the age of 65.5 earth years time .

Rock on !!!!, My FRIENDS!!!

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:01 AM, F&J said:

Well, I did not follow my own words to myself or to others yet again

Here we go yet again....another requite of a quote of mine!

I said my Shop is CLOSED for the time to at least "after" the 37 Cord arrives in "mid August".  He does not know the DATE, nor does it matter to either of us!  Perfect!...  But I said unless a present customer "needs" something quick done and if it can be done outside (of my shop).. Duh, I forgot to add that in case of a "new" or "old" customer that needs me to do a "road call to start a barn find" that I WILL do that, as it is my favorite task, and always "costs" near nothing in Dollars to the customer.  Well, trust me, I am not getting word out around here, looking for those jobs, BUT, I tried to go a simple 4 minutes trip to "demand and I Knew would get" an answer from the local clinic, as to If I might have Lyme, or if you believe not, by this ONE visit without blood tests, then what DO you think is causing these odd but now dramatic symptoms that I found to be "the proof that I need to find out" (at precisely 2pm yesterday.)  Dam, I did find their lot near empty, meaning no wait, fast visit,  Sheeesh,,, I ended up with a new customer that I WILL be doing a house call to start a "garage find" car.  Too long, trust me.

I did prove, that a walk-in clinic in a Hispanic area, can be ?? better??? than their only other branch in my former "lilly white, upscale town"  This cannot be, I am sure, but I have no proof as I Personally do NOT go there.  I have no reason to think MY clinic in inferior!

A fun riddle for you, the receptionist is and always was named "Debby".  where do you  think she was born? What nationality do you think her ancestors "lived'?  All I will say about Debby, is I have never seen her before or knew she existed, but I do know, and because my personality that is not "new" allowed a whispered statement from her as I was checking out before I came home!  It was epic!

Ok then you see in the exam room, a RN, male or female, this is your first chance to guarantee that the Doctor will and want to answer, and precisely that do I have lyme, if not, then why the symptoms, are there more that one issues? and what do I do next!

All went slicer n' chit, She said while leaving "DR ......" will be in shortly"  Hmmn, what nationality was his name?  Does never matter to me.  All went as I predicted.  He never "said" the following in positive diagnosis (that always need further test/specialists).. He implied:  I do not have Lyme, I do have a severe allergic reaction(s) to the Second epic onslaught to the Gypsy Moth infestation.  I lived through the first which was 70s, perhaps late 70s.(Worse as of now, but I never heard of allergic issues then, to anyone!!)  He also "thought I might also have a blockage in my Right leg area.  He scheduled an instant appointment at the Hospital ER, no wait, no fuss, quick".  ONLY because he "Scheduled, not suggested" , I knew he was pretty sure I did!

I came home, knowing I could not have any chance of finding lost Medicare? card or is it medi-something that I was FORCED to get at age 65, even though I did have far superior coverage from being a State DOT mechanic...that was just plain brushed aside by "laws", that actually caused a $140 loss in my much relied on SSI monthly reimbursement!! of funds I was forced to add to SSI as a employee.

I knew I'd cancel my 5:15 apt as for two reasons, one later was found to be faulty.  One that was not, was I cannot afford?? that test, and if I take the time to jump through so many hoops next day,> then I can use medicare.  Today after a very long work session, I took my shoes off to compare both feet/legs. (my listening to the DR said support stockings will help IF no blockage)  (SO I just wore TIGHT socks with tight boots) I was pretty shocked to KNOW that I DO have a blockage in my right area!  I knew by strict concentration of this fantastic professional.  Now, yes I will jump those hoops at some point. BUT,  I am in no danger> again only by listening! to HIM!

By the way, I KNEW I would get a real diagnosis, and I knew I would need to take some green paper with those $$ signs and different numbers on those, to succeed !  I guessed pretty close to how many to bring!...actually it was LESS.   Was it worth $95 to KNOW a perfect and PRECISE finding of multiple problem?  Geez...are you silly saying NO?  he he.  I refuse to leave my present life of "un-control".  Is it crazy? that I now KNOW I have TWO issues, and also DO NOT have Lyme, with NO tests whatsoever!  I KNEW I would succeed! NO matter WHAT!

Ok, let me end by saying I hope to do a very fun post w/lots of cool pics tonight? of what I decided to do, and did actually get even further that I thought, on....taking or should I say, cutting the 34 Las parts car up, darn GOOD!  It needed doing!, not "needed" today, but it was "time" lol!! Lot of fun, and I learned some VERY cool facts!  :)  all fun, no drama !!! no sermons!  pics galore...

Today was a fun day for sure.  I already knew that with being around or working on the large collection of LaSalles, including the following I must try to list for your understanding, That I certainly CAN tell if one car was something special to IT's owner, and even if it is just a parts car or a body shell like the yellow 4r.:

THREE survivors that the estate as well as I know were to be sold as a running, yard drivable 34 LaSalle, ONE is a Silver coupe, One is a Black 4dr, One is the Maroon conv. 

Of those three, 2 were very well loved, and both very well driven lots of miles just by ignoring the speedo and just my extensive knowledge of past experiences for decades.  One, the Black 4 door was also well loved, but I feel lowest mileage, and I noticed over a few years there, it was NEVER personalized like the other two were.  The sedan is surely the best overall? cond, and the by far most unmolested.  I know it was loved, as  it was deemed to be saved and stored as best as possible to survive to 80+_ years.

Parts cars listing:

There is ONLY one still held by the estate, I never wanted it for one reason only, It is the only parts car ever stored at the Big barn, and is in a really tough spot to get it retrieved.  The estate has been told of that issue, but they deemed  it as needed to retain in case a buyer of the two remaining, unsold 34s demanded "extra parts".  Good plan I believe.  The only part that I do know Joe G needs for his yellow sedan, is a driveshaft, but no one can tell if it is there, or if so, any good.  After taking the rotted 34 sedan apart today, I learned that there darn well could be important other parts that we could surely use.  We simply may never know. Sorry I should have listed it's condition as best I recall.  It is worse that the one I cut up today.  It is also dead match as built, to the Black survivor, as well as my now cut up one.  All 3 were black 1934  4drs, only difference is that the survivor has the optional banjo wheel, mine has the Standard, and I believe the estates parts car was either standard or if not, it is missing.  I know I would have recalled if it WAS a banjo.

one 35 4dr sedan, I see no signs of personalization, but see somewhat crude and some not, body rot patching.  So, not enough visual traces as to if it was loved...but I have not studied it excessively.  If it was not loved, is it the fact that the 35 LaSalle had simply so lesss "feel" or class, or details?  I think it might be that... but cannot tell so far

the yellow 34 body, again no signs of personalization that we can see, and we both have looked in earnest.  We have no way to know if it was cherished like the other loved ones, only because it simply is from a desrt dry climate....so trying to guees if the condition might tell it was loved enough to be stored well, is impossible to know now,

two parts car 34 convs.  My conv project was certainly rough, it has far less, very far less rot damage than the swamp conv pieces.  This really baffles me:  Both were heavily surface rusted, but in a total different way!  The swamp body surface rust is very even, no paint left at all except what was hidden/protected under the body side trim .  No deep pitting, no pinholes due to deep pitting?? But rotted badly in lower areas all the way around. this car was abandoned outdoors for many (uknown) decades, but was nearly complete sas far as body trim and winshield castings that did heve good scrap valve even if it was junked at 10 years old.  I do have, by "matching tests", have both front and rear frame "clips', done to quicly save F&R bumper parts, before the chassis was scrapped by some unkown, but definitely a collector! Date/decade this was done, is not known yet

my conv, was stripped as a parts car I once thought, but I am almost certain, the W/S castings were taken, could be for scrap $$  ?? or why?  The body surfaces had a lot of paint before it's entirety was sandblasted 8but seeing where there are zero pits of even microscopic size), and it was pitted so intensely in very precise areas ONLY, so bad, that the upper cowl top and rain gutter areas on the lids are see-through...perforated.  So I know that very likely, they did not get junked in the same climate/State. My conv still had matching frame and engine numbers,  The carb is the only original 34 carb here in either a car or in parts boxes, but this carb looks like it was deliberately smashed, and most of it is missing.  It looks like an engine that that rolled down a ravine, but there is zero other smashing damages to the engine, frame, or body???

Ok, I am whupped as I just type slow, and I am running out of brain here now:

I went down at 11 am.  I said I could go into rest mode as soon as the Mercedes was finally in my shop....at //on  Sunday eve. So, I simply had no idea what I wanted to do, but had two thoughts earlier: One was to start just preliminary test work on the big Mercedes, or start taking the body off the 34 sedan.  Now, neither needs starting, especially the 34 task.  I really would like to have Joe G, finally get going on bringing my 5 selected 16: wheels to his "guy" for sandblasting. I have tried to get him going or at least thinking to get this done, but same old comment that he wants to wait to get the 34 frame stripped by us, then added to the blasters tasks at same time.  Well, my son has a contact request from one friend, so I know I can skip the task of stripping the 34, and also, it was agreed many times, that Joe G was to help or in most conversations , that I was to only help a bit, and mainly only lift the motor out in reality.

Today, it just seemed like a fun task shaping up, even though my morning thoughts were only strip enough to prove my constant words that the frame is pretty decent, compared to Joe G, repeatedly, and at the end, almost insisting he should use the cherry 35 frame (despite his knowing from me that it is way too different?).   >   Now, I do admit, I did previously see, then show him a potentially thin area at the upper tops of the rear parts of the center X part.  After I finished today, this 34 frame, the only 34 one we have to work with, is really nice!! Why it looks better now??, I have no clue.  No pinholes, no smash damage, twists, etc!!  Nice!! just some bent running board braces that I think we have in spares, if not, I can fix these very easy!!

Shall we begin the pics...Ok  !!

Pic below showing a weird camera view, but showing the only real reason I did decide to do the 34 versus the one I sorta wanted to do, the Mercedes test fits.  The Black, new tarp that Joe G offered to let "us" try to protect this 34, has turned into a pond..due to heavy and very unusually often times. It simply has no solid roof like the 35, so the missing wood slats let the pond happen. I tried to get an overview of both roofs for the viewers.  There IS a big change from a 34 to a 34!  this pic shows a syphon hose to drain heavy water,  If I yank it off the new tarp will shred to pieces.

100_0137.thumb.JPG.3f7080fdb91fc0ee3203ae0128ee5d22.JPG

Ok, I know each ongoing pic looks like I missed steps,  but basically, I am removing parts in large, but manageable pieces, not to rush, but not to end up with hundreds of sections

100_0138.JPG.cc1e8ab4fc34123e0bb8abeaf57d72b2.JPG

100_0139.JPG.33f2bff5614d9e8f182904f0d9010a92.JPG100_0140.JPG.a8db1dff45803697f44bbd502fd61625.JPG^^^^ OK, see that chunk?  I really wanted that chuck to be carefully saved for valuable, need, info/patterns that for some reason...is missing those wood wall separator and shows how things fit, for his nice yellow body.  I sure preferred to take maybe a hour trying to "snake it out?", but that made little sense on a hot humid day, so I just kinda tossed the whole back section off in a rolling motion.  this dang section then just plopped out with zero damage,,,as it all stopped the roll!! Cool!!  (it is upside down in this pic, and yes, it is shown after I moved it out to a clearing)

100_0141.JPG.42323b6405895dacb9e2ec98208bd4e2.JPG^^^ this pic is the first point that I started learning things, that I never intended would be a task, then it did turn to fun and looking for more things to learn.  I forgot to do the white circles... But see a "body corner" bracket "pair" just ahead of that bumper shock tube...I thought both sides were rusted away to missing.  This pair, two pieces, I found out a week ago also are same as conv, but you just use the different bolting holes to do that.  So, technically, now I can save one side, but not the other. Not sure what I will decide there.

NEXT PIC actually startled me...like seeing a huge hornet nest in a car opening!! I am serious,  The glimps was so instant, as I simply had to let the nose piece roll off the front bumper.  I still have decent strength, but arms still a bit less from weeks?of dealing with moving b=heavy parts and whatever I have used to do all this massive chore of sorting or storing..

It looked like a big EYE, or I just don't know what else to say.. As it was a slow roll with me trying to hold it back as mush as I could, it just came into view weirdly!!   

100_0142.JPG.e0fe1774ff7bc84dd3bef72ffeded33e.JPG

^^^ see ! right where we all would know would be the BEST spot for a nest!  And the sun hit it just right at just a split second, to make it seem alive or changing??? Man, I am glad Cheech and Chong did not ever have to face that alien eyeball!!  Ok, I know for a FACT, that the first time I ever saw these colored lights that I think are called beehve-clearance-lights (that came red, blue clear yellow, too..that first time was on a 64 Implala SS 4 spped car bought new local, a dark blue exterior, lighter blue bucket interior, chromed Cragar SS wheels...I=one blue one tucked up inside at least each from wheel well, and perhaps, each rear..not sure.  The guy may have done it when new, but I sort of think the date was maybe 67-68 max, and No, he was not like a "coppier" of these types of perhaps? California-based? add-ons..... and I never thought those always appreciated, but unusual Californial based "Chicanos derived" ideas were invented that early>  DO you know when this might have been added on this rotted 34, that had to have sat outdoors, ..over 50 years at least??  or a guess of how I can teel which dedade this car was junked?  This is odd to me!...an illuminared grille??? green glowing??

Ok, at some pics views, you see three bumper bullt cones,  Those center cones are not stiock, not opto]ional, and rusted the same to hint thy were added by an owner when car was near new? But I cannot really guess the time by just that?

100_0143.JPG.cb8ae3cfdb8e342255cc49210ae8c743.JPG

^^^ I set the tarp out only to dry it, but it became a "save now" pile. Pieces need to use as samples etc.  That wood beam fell out the back section,  It goes across the bottom edge of body ahead of rear bumper.  It dried out and then I saw chop marks and it is a crude pine replacement...so does that mean this car was on the road more into the later years than I thought?  I did not think so, but the body rotting contradicts it a lot.. junked in mid 60s ..or a bit later ?? strange!

100_0144.JPG.e727517b7fbe0f7871859fee1da5bab9.JPG

^^^ that old Crestine LAS/CAD book I bought, gave credit for some new "big deal" rear suspension design to CAD IN 1935!!  NO, 34 LAS!!!  more lies!!  It is twin, dual acting, but interconnected as a sway bar!!!   That is why I said the 3 suvivors felt so nice on lumpy, hilly testes around my lot and yards.

100_0145.JPG.409c86e8763be03f84efffa868d0fa74.JPG

^^^^elaborate fender brace,  I do not think this is anything ever stock on a LaS.  I think for sure, it was hand crafted.  Meaning well done and designed, but from/by the owner to rebrace a damage of sorts??

100_0146.JPG.986cafc109ec2ed0e0e175eede603e59.JPG100_0147.JPG.d6821bc147f72e1193cdfd240e19265f.JPG

I am way too tired now to have even gotten this far.  My body feels like afternoon, still ready to work, but I am just tired in general...which makes fixing typos even more often...and making so many more errors.  Well,I did ok, still I think. 

these last pics I skipped thoughts of text, but I simply needed to stop at the cowl dash area.  I must wait till I sketch or better yet tag/label all linkage, wire, cable, etc, locations...placements, brackets, etc etc.  These items are all added to anything or every reason I always needed this exact car for all of it's info.  I am glad I saved it from the estates very-occasional ideas that perhaps all rough thing might or should be better scrapped, rather that trying to sell.  I sure doubt they would do that, but I do know they really did want to get going on final cleaning.  I, and much more so, Joe G!, did a very great job doing the great finish of the whole goal on this one large building.  He said to me, that he hoped they liked his work;;;they certainly did ....and they said he did!!!  Win!

I am sure I missed some important observations at this hour, so I may read it next day and likey need to do more text.  Oh, see I am too tired...I forgot to say this car had one of those cable operated exhaust cut outs. 

I did try for a pic, but ran out of memory in the camera.  That so called hidden file is not hiding.  I just don't know much about PC stuff, but that file keeps building, despite deleting each set of daily pics?? I cannot ever open that file;;;.......like it said today by "clicking Properties"contains 41 items", but I cannot open it or any one of the 41...I can only delete the entire file only, as a whole, then get memory back for maybe 12 pics Max.  Not a bad issue, really. but tiring a bit at times. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, F&J said:

Today was a fun day for sure.

Well, as taking the lead from my Son for years, when I'd ask how this latest trip to fish or dive was, he always said the best one yet, Dad!  My day was even more funnerer today.

I need to do typing far earlier in the day, as I am not doing a good job later at night.

anyways, the whole point of taking that car apart, but slowly, and stopping at times to try to put certain pieces of ruined Auto in some sort of piles to help re=look later as to what each smaller fragment is, and if it needs saving!

Also, I hoped to help know if a certain car was loved, as to try to prove for really no reason, that a 34 LaS, is more than just a car,,,I want proof it was way more that that, to any random owner, at anytime in the past, from new, or just a used car, to even a "saved rusty parts donor" kept by a restorer or even a :dreamer".  Also I wanted knowledge to help me put two basket cases together!  Fairly simple reasons!

Pic below is a part I set aside by itself yesterday but I don't recall doing that...because my job then was to remove parts and separate...for LATER look"

It is the key to be able to get the best ever start on my wood job When I get time,  I stopped as you know, when I just could not figure how the 3 wooden tail parts on each side, go together, do they need  angles, or glue or anything???

And that cross beam there at an angle is homemade of PINE, (showing a VERY ancient 34 car was fixed long after it was too long time away from the 1934 year,in years, to be any sort of just a used car!)  That beam has 2 holes, saying the last proof of where the 2-part steel corner bracket Ass'y is "bolted only", and HOW!

100_0152.thumb.JPG.4b344ca13d20fef2c59c4f004eef0f87.JPG

^^^poor pic, but there is also a board going forward...I set in not really correct spot just so it stays ok,   that IS the reaimns of that hockey stick shaped beam gpoing to the middle framing boards... now I know so much more that a good guess!  I can get a perfect start now!1

also, too tired to explain.. I still wait for more phone tag to the guy I talked bout that ended up with those identically tagged 34 parts.  I hate tag stuff, so I waill wait till I have more time....BUT!!!! with such a clear head now.....I almost know for sure.... I do know who can tell me if my conv was (the orig owner of estate)...was this his his favorite of all his 34s that we already kind of know that 34 LaS was his lifetime besy car model...was that conv to be a show resto that he always wanted...but REFUSED to resto the Maroon decent survivor..   And if true that this new contact knows that...he must know if the maroon one WAS the old car the owner saw in town 60-+ years ago, still driving, but that aged owner would not sell nor talk to him?? I hope it was!, then it almost proves mine was his "restored dream" of the maroon one .  Yes I am excited, but if it all prooved... I still know it is a sure VERY long shot.  I may never ever know... but it sure was super fun trying... I forgot something else..... :) if that new guy says it was certainly all true so far... he must know what exact color mine would be painted if restored... and my impossible dream was always to know, and do it the same for him!!

Frank, there was a red, 34 Cad convertible coupe at the Newport Motor Car Festival on Sunday and I immediately thought of your LaSalle. It had those same odd "shock absorber" bumpers and it had a luggage rack though a much larger, folding one. I like yours quite a bit better... it's much less obtrusive. I also saw how the horixontal support rods that screw into the back of the rack work and can't imagine that the one you got was for anything but a Cadillac or LaSalle, if not from your car originally.  I'd have take some photos but didn't have my camera with me. Truth to tell... I expected the show to be all post war and didn't bother to bring it. The red Caddy had Connnecticut plates and, unless it came a very long distance, is probably local to you. It may have come with another Cad from the Sterling, Connecticut area. I doubt there is much for you to learn from it that you don't already know, but maybe it's worth knowing it is out there.

are you serious...CT car, luggage rack, 34, conv..etc...

Wow, no worry about those pics... he he... My friend Paulie could track either car down in days...and as I told him recently when he was here... "One cool thing about you, is when I say I need a certain piece for "our" builds... you perk right the heck up...and the always said thing, blurts out : ... "I'M ON IT"........... So, If any of you ever are near Paul and hear that....duck or get out of the way!!

Now, a wise old man once said  "ah, but Grasshopper""It is not wise to have but yet one foot on the stair" .. So, I bet the new contact guy...who by the way, not into LaS, he may still know those two (Cad- level) owners....in his line of work in CT!  I never met or spoke to him...but he, he... the wise man also said "he who has the most friends wins, not the most yen"  er, I know and really like this mans brother...who said to me once...".I am not the business end, that would be my bro, ...I am the car enthusiast side"   ..I also now, just now! feel this entusiat side likely IS the person that can know who owns what, rather that the Business end, like I thought at first typing!

I say: "wise men never forget that they have many friends...especially in times of need"

as far as the rack for 34  cad/LaS...just because it never was wanted by my prior owner for his 34s, as well as nobody wanted it on ebay for a long periods, means nothing  :) ..it really must mean, in this case...that unless a very, very extremely GM acc'y is so rare that there is nothing about it in the parts or shop manuals...then the average highend owner may either not want it, or in most cases, not want it because nobody "will know how cool it is"..  LOL  I was 100% sure it was GM when I saw it on ebay, but NEVER imagined they were factory installed!, instead of added on!! 

1 hour ago, JV Puleo said:

I expected the show to be all post war and didn't bother to bring it.

Joe, at some point in recent past, the "Frank" would have thought the same, and likely not brought the camera, if he even ever thought about going!  Joe, can we think that those prewars showing up, might be a tiny bit of hope showing , that prewar hobby is rising up out of the past years of declines??

Until I saw this Caddy, I didn't appreciate the scale or design of the bumpers. Between the very large round supports, and the support rod running back through the fender, the rack literally can't have been for anything else. Now... was it a "factory" accessory? If I had to guess, I'd say it probably was, for the simple reason that nearly all the after market accessories I'm familiar with were "universal" in that they would fit a multiple number of cars. I don't see how that rack could fit anything except a Cad or LaSalle with those bumpers.

There were 4 interesting, pre-war cars in Newport... a DeVaux, a 36 Packard convertible sedan, the 34 Cadillac convertible coupe and a '26 Cadillac dual-cowel Phaeton. They ALL had Connecticut plates so I'm just guessing that the owners, or at least some or them, know each other and traveled together. The '26 was at the "Cadillac LaSalle Club stand, so those people probably know who owns the '34.

Edited by JV Puleo
typo (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, JV Puleo said:

Until I saw this Caddy, I didn't appreciate the scale or design of the bumpers.

Joe, in case you or others could possibly even know?...the 34 cad bumper blades or wings, as in "bi-plane aircraft wings"...are in fact certainly imitating the then normal AIRPLE WINGS!...just like the bullet nose Studes did years later!

Now, the blades are the same as LaS, and as that bare stamed blde falls off of the pressing die, that one raw blade cab=n end up on not only a 34 cad, or a 34 LaS...  But as soon as the hidden underside brackets at the bullet location is added by WELDING, now that blade cannot be indentified as to whick end of the car, or upper or lower, with only those WORDS! 

If we could inspect in person: any top blade, front or rear, viewed from top side only, we cannot know it is for front or rear,,,,but even if the presenter never told us these were only for Tops, we should surely know that, iven if we are just looking at pics of 34 cars on web.  that is because the top blades on F/R cad or :LaS, are smooth tops, no holes!  But if we flip a top blade over we can see two different location widths of these hidden bracket that are weled on.  The narrow bolt width can onl be front, the wider spread can only be rear

Lower bars laying on the table, we know that ARE lowers, as they have two large holes for the :bullet bolt" to pass through. Again, we see that width measurement, from the underside as well as the upper chromed top of a lower blade.

What I know I mentioned here before, the LaS uses a smaller bullet that cad,  IOn one pic I took or may not have used, I set the mock up of the bumper shock tubes, with one top blade, and one cad, one LaS bullet.  In person, it is tough to see different bulklet size that way?? In pic ist still is not apparent. I will use the 4 nice Cad ones, out of budget restraints.

Now, Although I hae NOt verified or needed to, there is one MORE style ofTOP blade to fit the Cad/LaS.  It is what I called a "multifit, parts counter replacement only, top blade with FOUR brackets welded underneath! On pair for front and one pair to make it fit rear as well!!  Maybe just a cost saving device at the dealer? or manufacturing of crash related replacment bumper at the dealer?

This is getting WAY too long to read, but last item may floor some of you:  Most of the readers will NEVER face a mess like I did at the estate, as far as JUST those three survivors! How on earth did a poor"old" guy, 1 hour away, and never allowed to be a friend of the original owner--over 45 dam years total, end up with the literal KEYS, to both buildings, full of cars from over $80k, all the way down to crushed junks, thousands of vintage parts, smalls to complete V12 engines, every size and brand of parts, tires, wirewheels, you name it.....handed the keys, and was told that ONLY I was picked to get in, anywhere I wanted, and told: nobody else gets this trust! Widow leaves Me as well as my son there alone for hours sometimes!! She never knew me,  She likely may have heard my unusual last name from her Husband but surely less than 8-to-10 months prior to his dying in her arms, laying on her homes floor?  ...and as her office is ''4 minutes" from the home, she cried to him, why did you call me, and NOT the 911?.  I do not know if he was gone then...does not matter. I KNOW why!  I know so much about that entire extended family, it's many employees, and even the extremely retarded young adult son of her then handyman,  and the widows actions as they met (yet again)on her lawn, as viewed by me at 50 yards away...for at least a 3 minute period...that one period...I needed no words, no opinions, no prior contact, nothing.... I KNEW she is the MOST impressive human being I have ever known!!  Goodnight, my friends...have a blessed eve!

Ok, I am not the least bit tired this evening...but as it just turned to a different day...er ... A NEW day begins :)

I've been watching one of may trees on our small, but seemingly LARGE acreage lately. I noticed a medium size twin tall tree only because this was back when I was adding parts onto my only good motor outside.  I noticed the twin tree, or a tree that somehow grew to a Siamese condition, was simply starting to split in two, but so very very slightly.  first though, was to eyeball from my spot only, where the one half will hit, and what damages?  I took a pic that day, you will see hopefully if I decide to add it into a post for grins. Lately, because any person would, I remember to look that way every few days if I perhaps am in it's viewing angle, that rings a bell.  Well, with heavy rains of late, the weight of wet full leaves Is making it look like the end is nearer.

As I simply don't care about anything at all  :)  (a line a use and borrowed from a very unusual nice song that is from late 2016 "little one-lyrics")... I decided today to get a good bore sight from behind it, to KNOW where it will hit, "probably" as I crossed though the never used area.  However yesterday, I DID cross though, when I saw my 80 yr old neighbor Gene (NOT retired!), retuning back up a hilly lawn from his remote garden, to his home.  I knew I'd not likely get through all the brush /vines in time, but only wanted to warn neighbors of the new weird allergic reactions of the gypsy moth infestation...because he and Bertie are always outside, AND Gene never wears a shirt in warm weather!  I wanted to warn him for that reason.  So, today I ended up spending so much time and effort photographing the tree from a dozen areas???   All I imply later, is that if a person is in a certain state of mind, you just may experience things no other person ever will!!

One pic I wanted, was from WAY behind our rear boundary... oops that B word means nothing to me...it is just a mapped line, it is NOT the end of where we go, or use the land as ours. :mellow:

as I backed up though reclaiming forest here below:, showing how far I am from back of shop. (tree shown at arrow)

100_0153.JPG.fb0c34d26d1914d76e90a1870dbea31d.JPG

, I neared the clearing shown below! as I turned around:

100_0154.JPG.3f7d73dd6a90e87afa55a9d35d59cee3.JPG^^^ when we moved here Dec 22, 2007, this whole area, but way left as well as way right, was just a former sandbank that had been emptied...then ended up FLAT, and LONG...but left a tall rounded hill in center  (and "except the hill", just like a small outback non-approved airstrip I lived near in the 61-75 period of my life!  That grassy strip had only 1-3 planes parked at times, and some changing types of planes.  One was.... an AT6 Texan... a Silver WW2 trainer, but looks like a warbird for SURE...and although much less HP, it is some impressive plane, as far as feeling and hearing that big radial... Ok why that to this?

Well, one day maybe 5-6 years back...I was outside my shop side doing something that needed doing outside?  I hear a big radial coming low!...  ran down this bank quickly in the dire hope he just might return... I watched in vain as the tiny low dot nearly vanished... then,,,YA! , BABY!  he slammed the stick hard sideways, and she rolled left hard and tight, leaving that dot to be a side view with its wings 90 to the earth.  He was "maybe in a dogfight in spirit"...  He must have used that strip as a visual, as well as that is a river valley left from glaciers.. ,.. Geezes, he is heading/aiming/correcting, to align right over the center of the strip, or looks like that is his aim?  I had plenty of time to RUN to the dead center of that hilltop,,,I hoped he'd see me,  But I just stood straight, no need to do more...I KNEW.  Oh man, he saw me alright.... he actually dipped sharp way ahead, pulled back the stick a bit, ended up level, hammer down, well below legal rules... HE'S giving a Private Show for ME!! To feel! and hear! that big radial at full power was emotional enough..but knowing he was burning crazy amounts of Avgas doing that pass just for me..

I turned and just followed his trail away...back to the line of where the Windham Airport is..he must have flown in for a show ??? IDK..I sure know what a radial sounds like as it keeps on going, going,  getting more quieter..quieter.. like hearing the commercial passenger planes as a tiny boy..forced to take a nap in daytime... that always put me to sleepy mode... BUT... I hear him throttle back up, not climbing just yet, can't see, but I knew I'd hear soon, a rapid hard climb...to get height to roll hard right, again 90, then more throttle, G force slams him down hard in seat, he's already braced and tilted his head and neck to the right, then hearing exhaust outlets direction changing/full hard throttle, and dropping down hard as he lines up...I see him!... He is even lower!!, he sure can see NO reason to be worried about "rules",... there are no homes that close in the valley.  Full throttle hard pass trying so hard to ROCK MY WORLD!! and it's doing the same to him!  Wow, such a RUSH for both of us...He did two more exact runs, but the pass he did coming back again, direction to the airport...I knew I'd say goodbye this time.  Both arms/hands up fast, just like ROCKY did before he is over me and vision blocked.  I just now realized I should have expected the wing wave, but he never did.  I now know he knew he did not need to..   I grab life by the ...  :), and life never fails to grab me harder!

Wow, I went to do a post this AM, only to see the thread info say I last posted "3" hrs ago?/  Well The says what I already knew...I did get so less sleep overnight compared to any recent memory.

PosT :  Joe G's 34 Yellow LaS sure might get on the road WAY before mine.  I am thrilled if this happens.  Why, simple, I gave you all the reasons (in former "words" to know why...if you can follow my chaotic posts;

He is 70, he is in perfect heath as far as he, I and the Doctors can determine.  That is a BIG plus,  He "needs" to get a least one tdrive ion a stock prwar before it is "too; late"....he does not know that but simply put I WANT that!!!  I don't care if mine ever gets done, but I "wish" it was done right away

Kenny did not care for joe,  For one reason; joe is,  er WAS in Kennys mind, a bs er. Never got even started on one, even the 32 Dodge truck Kenny sold to him 20 years ago, but joe still has it!  And NOW, because of ME and seeing it is possible to do most anything a person wants, if they allow that thought, thren go forward from that perfect needed spot.

Kenny, out of the blue 3 days? ago, calls daytime which is NOT usual,  He says I found somthin' you might or can need.  A Olds inline flat 8, followed by:  It is in a Mass oldtime junkyard of a longtime friend,  That guy got it from a nice survivor, but unknown year!, but this yard owner just got the motor only, as it was ripped out of a rod project.  the yard guy "cares" for the parts that MUST be saved!  He will sell to Kenny, his good friend, for dirt cheap if Kenny can find the "right home". Kennys wife became ill at the Maccungie PA swap this past weekend,(name is Daisy!!) She had a sudden disease that was diagnosed perfect by her OWN dr after Kenny followed HER demands to rush/speed her back to Farmingtion Ct, to HER > "best doctor".  All is fine,, so Kenny will get that motor for us, then drop it here, maybe by a week or two, as he will be going there to Mass anyway...so not an issue.  I told Kenny what he already knew,  Frank will not care if cheap which Kenny feels "200" is his friends normal amount that would be used by that guy for that type of vintage part, and Kenny knows I know it may go twice or triple, and he knows that is fair to all 4 of us!! Kenny/ME/Joe/and seller!  He also knows I will have green $$ waiting.  Ding!

Kenny knows I need a cheap good nice inline engine to make a 34 LaS run/drive...if I know and don't care it won't look 100% AACA ideal!

I think Kenny MUST know it will go in Joes, how can he not.  That was the only major stumbling block (part needed badly) to my wish for Joe...AND I.

I am going to be distracted today, I hope, so I need to cut this short.  I have LOTS of friends,,,you know that,  I help these friends/customers with any type of help issues if I think I can,  Mary aged 66? might well surely stop by as I told her by phone yesterday at the close:  "please come visit me, I need you to tell me why you NOW have considered SSI enrollment.." She is plagued by 2 health issues, one known, and needs a hip replacement. Excuses forever why she has not done that,  2nd is unknown reason, tested by many MD places.  A awful nagging cough.  I think I know what might well be aggravating it, and told her before:  she lives like many elderly confused single people..in unhealthy conditions...I did tell her that!  But she can be helped, I am sure, by my "recent" Doctor at that clinic...but only if she follows what I know any doctor needs and does not need at a visit.  He may know why, or may not, and if not, he will find a way to get a DR that can.  Bye!! wish us luck that Mary visits me soon.  I shall indeed..Rock ON!

Edited by F&J (see edit history)

I did get something done yesterday, but just a rear trunk lid swap on the Mercedes. I cannot believe the massive damage removal the owner and a 58 yr old friend did!  Simply seems impossible, and I have done a front crash repair clip job on this same car years back.

Common sense, and two friends, some spare bumper brackets to sacrifice as chain anchors they knew would break,,,geez... I sat in a chair to ponder the lines all around that lid...epic save.  Because? they were forced to try.  No estimate was under $4500 Did they know that Mercedes design or model could take  a violent set of hard slams, without tossing the motor forward with more massive damage?/

I am in standby mode... I had no idea our countrys medical system was so completely broken.. :(

Two days ago, I get a call from a Nurse at the clinic...she wants to know why I cancelled that first appointment?

I said simple voice, simple question.  listened to by a pathetic waste of natural resources!  I said: The whole spiel, "I Lost Medicare cards, takes hours or days to get new ones, so I need to know how much cash to bring, and I do not want to get reimbursed, I just want that simple test..The stupid walking dead, says :  "but we want to know why you cancelled your appointment? I am totally serious.  She should be sent to prison, no bail, .  Maybe this dimwit does not realize she will cost someone their lives.....she was multi tasking... I KNOW, just like many do!  Take a STAND spineless PATHETIC dollar loving america!... Boss says rush?,tell them GTH! walk out!  Oh, I know wait till this show is over...I want to know where sherry finds the new lover..

I called the clinic at 8:30 AM yesterday, to try again,I Know I need a simple ultrasound test, but I cannot find my forced on me Medicare card, SO I just need to know the approximate cost, between $100 to $10000, to be able to bring CASH to the ER  .  I also left a nice thank you for the excellent voice message system, as it really was so nice to use!    well at 4:15 AM next day, I have not heard a thing???

We need to either give up, or ,.... nah.. just listen to birds and stuff..... :)

One ankle still a moderate swell, other is now mint, so how should I know what is wrong?  Mary still has a cough for a decade...If she swings by, we will just talk and stuff...we both like the sounds of the trains in that valley, too...and birds..  no money talk, or romance, we simply don't care about anything at all... :) 

We don't need your world...you need ours, but too dead to know..por ever realizes

Son was heading to Vineyard today sometime, but RIley messed up the whole peace for my son,  My son wanr]ted just to fish with Bobby who lives there,,,   Riley invited himself, and everyone knows he is just not trying to follow anyones rlans for a nice evnt... will not be anywhere on time, forgets studff, ruins it all.  I told my son...GRAB HIM by the collar and SLAM him HARD against a wall. NOW, tyou will get his sattention!

Next weelkend my son is moving vechilers, or boat or something to Block Island, for a owner out there.  No idea  or clue if they will hire a plane to fly mim vback or not...  My son needs to quit his new lifer job.. he needs to be free again, just like he always was..till 15 months ago when he thought YOUR plan was the right one

My 90 old year Mom always first asks, of any anyone incl me my son, etc you still working"  "You should see Alishas New Kitchen,"  Sad, a life wasted..

I miss my birth Mom, but she passed away before I knew her. This new one has a defect. She could retrain, but why now?

I shall indeed ROCK on...and now that I know more...he.he..  :0

Stop by, if you can.. life is good... if you know what to stay away from...

Tree leaning...center upper of pic..

100_0148.thumb.JPG.909d173f10f273cb83c26944afe80fcc.JPG

below pic was 3 weeks ago I think..less split then..

100_0036.thumb.JPG.75181d54199c2d9bb38e3e11ef239493.JPG

100_0149.thumb.JPG.f5e7ff52e8a6cd8a4f7f7bcf0084b967.JPG

needed something to place on the tree as I wanted a close up of size.  We detectorists, if we find a old tree ion  forst, we sg]hare with others tat have no big trees...but we lay or lean our detector there, near it, to give sense of scale.  I had a stiff ankle, not hurting but regretted how far to go get something to scale with...the see a potato chip shiny bag??

100_0150.thumb.JPG.a6e33656c2b7e3989a132c47ec2e407e.JPG

100_0151.thumb.JPG.4ccceaf3ecdf070772eab3e43aae77a7.JPG

..100_0126.JPG.7f0a2b8a8c6220fe6abeb429a18c2bc8.JPG

Forgot something relevant at this quiet moment...my so has many tasks at this "new gush, lifer job"  but the overtime that everyone lusts for?  er,most likely will be snow related in winter, lawn cutting in spring, tree work in summer, leaves in fall....and as always if a lot of folks need to be buried that Week, he also digs graves...

other things he has to put up with...when you clear out your driveway entrance before they stop plowing and you think you can "control" him or his Boss? when you put a shovel sticking out in road or trash cans...he is told and will do, send them I/4 mie down the road.  a plow driver can do cool things ...just know when to speed up or slow down....ding..the big piel is a wake up call..  LOL

and when you wait on foot on his next pass to yell at him in the street?/ he He,he will wait at stop, till you get close, then gun it.  As many times as you want to play

lol, pathetic how others see no common sense at all, never will.  but sooner or later you will meet my son again  LMAO 

He, He.... if you have followed along so far, ...this crazed, yet somehow ..err..Magnetic    and....unusual build thread...

You may be thinking he is losing it!..

Ah, Grasshoppers.... "he who think that, it may be they..that need to lose it... 

My Son Joe has always been where I reside in spirit now.  He was born with it,...I know....as His MoM was "too tired" to even hold him for his first entire hour on this earth...  So, ..I was , during that very quiet, peaceful blessed event....His....Mom...

Moms always know a bit more than a Dad...  Well my friends, This is the first thing I saw as I went to e-check the weather just this moment!!

100_0161.JPG.9258c452501fc626925ed42587925e81.JPG

confused?.... I am not.   Seems Joe will indeed have a great time with Bobby while the three of these tadpoles are fishing this weekend... and....this little few bits of communication says....Riley DID get slammed against that wall!!  Let's see if they get Blacks or Stripers.... how can I tell??  as:, one if by boat, two if by shore...

As a once Mom, and still a Mom, ...he,he...I don't Know,.., yet Do know...

I shall indeed "try" to be back soon...  You know the words, and what they mean by now

VERY important update and also a very impessive ending to my question on who is the one "special, rare, GO-TO" guy who CAN and Likely will fix the last major stumbling block that would slow, if not stop the goal to get Joe G,s yellow LaS on the ROAD!!!

It was the lack of a cheap good engine and the  > loose, & some missing DOOR WOOD barrier..

The ENGINE was found and will be delivered here by Kenny.

That left the WOOD in  the doors -ONLY, not sills, as the last one..  I checked my emails as usual, at some point this AM..

// QUOTE/copy-paste:  !!!!

Hi Frank,

I got your message. Ok I'll wait on trying to contact Matt. I'm hoping to go to the cruise next Thursday with the Vicky or at least the Nomad. I really hope your feeling ok. Better to get questionable medical issues checked out . Same issues are easy to remedy before the turn into something. As far as Joe's doors . I have a guy that did work for me that's a cabinet maker. He's the type of guy Joe needs. Not really a job for just a carpenter. Not sure what he would charge but I can give you his contact issue and he can call him. He's local to us too. That's a plus.Let me know. Talk soon................

Paul

END Quote/copy paste... BUT, I underlined 3 things...more later..when? IDK..:)

---------------------

Yes indeed... WE...will continue to ROCK ON!!!

lots more to add to add stuff in regards.^^^.but.. I got other stuff to do today..so I am going to be busy...however, as usual, I simply do not know what I "end up" being busy With...  That is the best part... :)  not knowing/caring ... 

5 hours ago, F&J said:

VERY important update

but not the most important of toda..

Right this second, I did get a call back from the mystery man number one... I Told yhou I knew he was a supppper bust guy1  Well, we talked barely enough to get a simple point asgrreed.... Bruno..(the REAL first NAME of my collection)

was...a real interesting guy < quote from the caller, ended abrubtly by "can I call you back in10?

Ten-four was my reply but in a way to say I KNOW why

EDIT>>>!!#$#@#$$

I had to stop as i got the call back,,,,maybe a hour of ummmmn...speak?....  both ways... uh, I said to him as he  had an urgent call  in... I said.. Bye >----<, I love you man!    With voice raised and full of super sincerity ...can't say all but he knows now, that his relationship is same as his Daughters... as same as me and my son..to put it so so so mildly!!!

He know my true cash net worth, ;like how much real dollars in currency available in cash, not sellig car etc....Ha, ha! Now Another guy I know and is a lifetime friend, also DOES ROCK on, and never has ever stopped..  !!!

no idea how many kids he has...don't care...  We talked Ground Speak together, as well as I know WHY Bruno loved the maroon 34, I knew it was the one car he had for decades, and knew,,,ooops thought it was a car he saw as a kid...but I also knew how storys get changed though many repeats..

The Maroon conv......wait for it...

was THE car the CT branch of the Civil Air Patrol to... PATROL .... the whole Connecticut River, during WW2 only. protecting "US" from enemy actions!!!  Hehe TWO UNDERDASH heaters in the DASH PIC I showed LOL!!!

because I love history and PBS.....oh, and just  for >AJ<, I love old WOOD boats....I knew that the USA did have and NEED to commandeer your ship in times of war, and now I guess  I need to verify if it was motor vehicles, too..  WOW epic so far.

I am tired a tick, need a coffee, but "need" and WANT to get back on before O-dark 30...to tell the next HALF...Where did the big 34 collection come from, did this guy own it or broker it//  No tease I just need a coffee

• Like 1

Ok back now but first....>> I was taking lots of pics as I did finally decide what to do today...did it, despite threat of T-storm nearing, and having to deal with yet another very distracting visit from a very good friend, well I always knew he was way more than very.. But I need to say he did not mind the fact that at some point, I said "I;ve been mentioning you here"  I knew it was ok, so I never asked, dumass!! :) but he went to ultimate never changeable top of the line up best friend ever on the planet.TODAY .oh, and no matter if earth is flat or globe...I see that on youtube/...  Lmafo

ok, knocked one of two : :"I thought there could never ever be one, but is one of my "only two things total-bucket list, of >ANYTHING ON EARTH< to only one...oh wait...I filled the other check box two mornings ago with a maybe 1.5 to 2 hr phone speak, done with ground speak as well as word speak..  he, he.  I was always fantasying that there just might be the exact perfect replacement, meaning Female, to be able to always trust, no matter what....but never thought she could exist under my "rules"....well, we did meet first time when I did the hardest "back lawn-find start" of her car that sat on grass behind the family HOME for 17 years..while she lived as teacher in JAPAN!!  I'm pizzd at her too! dami=t, she got to SIT on the Great Pyramid....a dream of mine as the only place on earth I feel I need to SEE in person.  Her Name..you knew it... is Mary!

You peeps don't know squat... I told Bob jr today about that job is filled, oh, Bob jr is the other.... he.he,  wait for this you all...they both  live in that "lilly white town.....wait...>.one <  home/house apart!  Yep, I be damd... He said HER???!!!, your what? first girlfreind ever since getting voted off the island FIFTEEN years ago??? HER??? wth???  LOL  shi;;; this is priceless..  One day apart it only took to fill both job openings with the only two possible people with the correct requirements on earth?/  lol  and One house apart they live now??  lol

Ok, YOUZE peoples ... snap out of it, I am busy,and got stuff to do...

I found out today from that guy that is now a grewat friend on phone:  NO, Bruno did not buy this group of 34 stuff/cars, when this guy I taked with, offered it as a lead on 34 stuff, as he was in Minnesota,,, buying some soon to be an estate "lot" of parts or cars?.  The "estate to be guy" was unloading all, as he had terminal emphysema.  Ok, so a call made from right there, to Bruno...Bruno declined buying ANY of it??? WTH???. but followed by saying "You but it" which is how it went.

missing info here by my getting too much answers from way to many questions but I do know, some resale happened out there a day or so later?  as this guy today did say  "i jhauled iyt all to his big barn for bri=uno for free!! What?/ (I missed the deal speak). One o=ther question I asked was I do know why Bruno let this guy ending up with " some of the 34 LaS parts " ,Missing info again, dso continue elsewhere..

I am tired a bit so hang in there, I may miss some info... >>>>>>>>> I still don't know:  But I WILL find out from the today guy all answers when we hook someday!! :

-was the "my conv" ever special to the Minnesota guy? or not? as he said this guy was maybe billionaire..I forget...but at that high end of ladder, why did he buy or was the one: who assembled this whole pile?? Why does a highest end guy collect rust piles:??? <<< WTH??

-ok, the today guy went silent as I asked :"did you know that there was a 2 conv in that pile of crap, but all apart?  he said NO, and this shows how immense the pile dragged back really was!! he did not see it!!

-Don't know other questions right now;;;tiring!  BUT, I did find out Bruno dis also HAVE 2...L29s !! I think one was open, at least.  More info, this today guy was a great frien of Brino for at least TWENTY years  I cannot believe it!!  More hidden friends !! BOD SR should have told me this side of Bruno??? I will ask Bob jr as]t some point as he left before the call!!

OK there was so much speak going both ways to collect/collate!  But this whole thing clashes with the fact that if 20 year car/life frind was not even considered to take the HUGE task of say just selling, offfloading all of Brunos post-death parts?? and HE was a known to HER ,  cash only if needed, BIGTIME flipper of prewar PARTS??? and willing to help a friend at same time.??? made NO sense!!!

He said "the reason he parted company" with her, get that feelling guys,,he IS a true sincere GENTLEMAN!  I KNOW, and would be happy to step to any plate she hinted to...

I cannot say that trigger, but that trigger was always bluntly there many times with me doing help!!! or trying hard to help...My help WAS ALWAYS drilled in AS FREE..NO COST expected!!  >>>(anthing EXCLUDING  MY barn start tasks!) which was my only contracted work!!  RTesrt was always offered FREE!!

much more stuff flying around...too much ...no just a lot of stuff flew around here today!! I can take all thast flies, no problem!! LOL

I know I left gaps...like you all would not??? on a  "slow day" liked this, on a slow week  .....LMAO<<< no fn cht

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, alsancle said:

DSCN0094.thumb.JPG.5a5d70e80e946aff1163cebbc5fafdf2.JPG

That is neat.  A picture of a guy with binoculars standing in it back in the 40s would be very cool.

AJ, trust me..there was too much stuff I could injest!!!  I know I asked more about the CAP thing...just a tad bit...no, I need MORE coffee   Lmao... I feel I need more ...I;m just not getting much of anything done these days..you know ..like interesting stuff I will remember a few days time..

jk..bye my friend AJ....hey you should have gone to MV, but space was limited since that Riley idiot stole your spot...>>Hey..I already said he was a "piece of work"  :) 

Edited by F&J (see edit history)

must say before lost...so much phone info at once so many mysteries mixed togeter..

You guys may need refresh or maybe I never said..

There WERE (at the total estate - 2 locations) TWO black 4 door 34 sedan PARTS cars

I got the ONE I had TO HAVE...the one that I pulled apart a few days agom, and pulled the motor out of it today!

The 2nd one is still at other location, and "wanted by estate, and agreed it needed to stay at the estate"  Ageed means Frank and Owner!   Agrred in truthful total statement on that car left there!

The reason I needed to speak of TWO black parts cars:

_one mystery I had, and at least partly answered by a AACA memer here...There was a connection to a commercial " showroom"  sales room I guess... The AACA guy said yes to it exists, said yes, I recall a old resto but still nice, Yellow 35,,, FIVE not 34 !,  convertible for sale there some years back as I KNEW then !!  Ha, he also said where that 35 went, name of buyer (he knew him too, I recall?) in some borough of NYC...

But neither that aaca guy nor the guy today "who also new the other salesroom place owner..pretty well/  I THINK! not know)..  neither can recall the rusty black 4 dr 34 sedan parts car I SAW sitting next tio the 35 yellow convert in an old page on the web I saw 4 years ago!

So, a mini mystery as to which 34 4 dr does it match at the estate when I first arrived ?? By me,,,a 55 yr long hobby guy in old cars sitting..woods or fields, or whatever,,, I cannot say for sure EITHER of these two at the estate can be the match without one more piece!  I do not know what YEAR that salesroom pic was taken..or DECADE!!  In my gut, it must be one of those two, if it did ariive from salesroom, say 10 years ago?  THEN I have to say it must be the one still there at the estate.... I say MUST, as the 4-car area Joe G and I stated with on that Wednesdy! That was TRIP TWO of 3 total to do this deal.. That 4 car area seemed by me, like it HAD to have arrived in all one time.  I did not ask the today guy anthing!! about a 4 dr black PARTs car...I forgot to even mention the TWO at all.  But this rings a bell:

The today guy said the salesroom place IS the place that the GOOD 4dr black survivor CAME FROM!! It came as (one deal one car only)separate CAR,,,,I know for sure,  as  I had in my hands,a BOS for it as coming from some unknown seller to the estate...I was not looking at names!! Estate ASKED me to sort LaS paper!  not names, just wanting to know if each 34 survivor had for "paper" or title or not...that is all

So, I did see a group of "random big lot size 34 LaS stuff and maybe said "parts cars" but very bare of detail?? But NO good car type of car on that list

I did find the file on silver 34.  I think it had all paper, incl title

I did find file on the black good 34 sedan survivor that DID come from that salesroom, and did have all the papers inc title

I never ever saw one shred of hint of any paper of the maroon 34 conv survivor back then , and that fact added to it being at eastae a long time, but simply no proof at all.

THIS FOLLOWING IS NOT A SALES PITCH!!! I am your go to guy for positive, if you people need me to give full description of any aspect of the upcoming auction sale of the silver coupe and black 4 door...I know them  FAR BETTER that anybody on earth...including--> ANY past owner,, as I am the guy who is their Daddy, meaning I tried to make sure each had the best parts we had, and know what they need or what the general feel is like, and conditions.  I am only saying this for ONE reason only.  I want good homes for ANY survivor prewar and any part car!! not just these? OK.  I cannot be faulted by: Seller/broker/ or / the eventual high bidder. 

I think any true speak I do, to a specific question can only be a PLUS! for all parties and a plus for it's finding a better home!  BUT>>> MY speak is VALID ONLY, to ONE to one speak!!!

Both cars do have some soul, meaning not just "a" 34 LaS!! 

Last thing I forgot,,, There was a "4 door conv sedan at the estate..Today Guy and I, seem to think it was a 34 CAD! by swapping speak today!!  He KNOWS it was there, but I did not ask WHEN!  not a parts car .  It IS and was NEVER there in my time there, I wil swear to it.  I have heard from someone a lonfg time ago...I forget how or who?? maybe at a swap ?..saying there may be TWO lost cars..never hinted of what kind or condition! but one in RI and one in central Ct...I think I heard...two "shops working on cars".  I simply cannot pull up any details as it was 4 years ago>. and was  "overheard 3rd party conversation" I know that little :(  May have been a cool 34 LaS but cannot see how!

If somebody says later >>so and so, told ,me that so and so,  told you...NADA>>>IT DON"T FLY With ME!!  Anybody tries to twist my words...he he...I just tell any person...GO LOOK On website to find my promise, and MY rules, and MY objective... That my friends is something any judge will ponder .  Peace my friends..

EDIT ADDITION ON FAMILY...I do know what a mess I can convey here in word and typing...so: ... I can swear in COURT!...I have never seen such a perfect entire and extended family.  Not one person is  anything but pure!  Including the "passed away", much self hidden?  Bruno!  .... Even everyone who I had seen and met as helpers , staff, staff members family members, potential buyers or eventual on site buyers... all were a pleasure to the world...not even one time do I recall any bad discussions nor actions nor moods/words of bad!.  I must end for good, this chapter on the estate...if Joe G is needed, he will be yet another grand addition to the estate in his truthful actions!  I must go on, finish a car, or I say help with,...but one last thing about one fine young man,.,,,a grandson, not wanting to say which one.... I am honored to see (watch over 4? years) what he has become,,, as he did finally compete his intense schoolings (and landed a position!!)  --in one of those rare and very low income trades that only exist for,  and are manned by special people.. which is a....sharing, and caring "occupation" ....in such few words! ...few is all I need to type!

Edited by F&J
final, edit... to add the very bottom thoughts on family itself only (see edit history)

Rise and shine in my end of the world;;;you got a hour or so before daybreak to load stuuf in your car to go to the beach...get good spot

or on the opposite side of the earth (flat or not)  maybe it is getting dark

I am still up since sometime uh!  actually "two days" ago.  Well that shows an easy example of how dumb words are!  Not I have not been up without sleep for what those word "suggest", but the reality is:> in our brains to be able to plainly understand this 2  lines.

And even if you knew that already because you work odd hours, Why IS he staying up!!  Easy...I am not sleepy enough to know I can hit the sack and quickly fall asleep!  Now yes it is 4:24 AM (but I will stop and go outside before I finish so time may be 5 by then) Saturday morning, so any reader right now says :  :why worry because Saturday is the weekend" Right?  Wrong trained brain thinking. We are trained since birth to think that, as when that early in life, Dad gets ready for work this hour ....SIX days a week.  SEE But you say how does his infant get trained by that? Well just plain think the obvious answer! Ok, you try hard and can't solve, ok come see me in person, as I do not seem to be able to WANT to deal with all types of phones..sounds garbled, cell sometimes is choppy as tower switches, people talk too slow or fast..etc!  <There, is a huge reason I call it people speak.  It is damaged you communication before you get going! I doo not expect or WANT the other party to be forced tpo change something on their phone service to please me!,

Ok enough after this:  I used to work "snow" for CT DOT.  the term snow does certainly NOT mean I drive a snow plow truck!.. Bosses are lowest is crew leader for outside DOES plow as well as lead, but inside guys like the mechanics crew leader may either assist or 'Lead: the mechanics, but goes full mechanic if too many trucks are "down:  < word for not in service/broken, ...partsroom has just one boss.

Then adding bosses,  Outside next boss up is road foreman,(never plows but is out in his pickup to (advize) inside is garage forman.is odd, if he was old time mechanic and super long snow event...he can be right out with any guys needing help with a broken truck that NEEDS two!  Ok, point is..we can technically be "up" on a weird pair of storms close together, or just that long band of "weather" you see on weather radar...So, not impossible in your career to see a 5 or 6 day situation!  When snow stops for good, we may be still out there for 24 hrs.. depends if you get melty, and almost looking good then freak bit of moxed rain at eve, then might as well know you stay overnite!  One thing too.. in my ERA, we did NOT get a sleep break!  it is called rest break1 In our building, we were the OLDEST structure (age) of all 5 or maybe SIX total to cover repairs in  different spots of the State. Our building was donated by USA ARMY but through channels...ours was ex-WW-ONE personel living quarters ! converted to garage bays!  So, no Building Safety Code

appoved space for Legal sleep area!   we sleep illegally where you can!  No beds, find something your self.  He He, and you crtybabys moan when one mail box get tapped by a driver trying to do his job with those conditions, for maybe 3,4, 7 days?? And if THEY are out there, we MUST be there ti fix, tow with homebuilt wrecker made from tired old plowtruck... Ya, try to keepup with us, LOl

Town guys like the lily white town I said, that town is right next to our shop! so we know how stuff works out there. They got a new BIG 10 wheel all wheel Drive for some reason...Our outide guys were LOL. Sure enough, those lily boys hit something good, plow did not trip as something set upo wronfg...truck frame almost not repsairable.  Our guys hadf sIngle axle, open drive (not posi) not 4 wg=heel drive..and rarel need chains!

So, All that to say you only need the sleep hour "total" you "need" and not matters what part of a 24 hour span!...

THE time now is 4:58 birds started 10 minutes ago, trying to get your ladzy a... up!

Earlier at maybe 3?  I thought of something while just sitting on my back steps!  Something wrong with b=nature for sure!  I have not seen :  Rabbits, chipmunks, squirrels, and all were just =fine maybe 6 weeks ago!!!  I only recalled just 2 hous ago,,,mainly sitting relaxed enough to realize?  Weather WAY off too, and we M=NEw Englanders know what that means as far as saying "way off" (for us)

I have a real good tech on that motor removal and spotting things all over while I worked..like why something fixed  or whatever and then wondering why ect!! It will be m=nice, but oh dear,,,I am getting sleepy right ion time at 5...that was a phenomena for snow work...right around 4:30 to 5:30 the whole crew starts to fail, but we planned for it by adjusting things!

25 minutes ago, alsancle said:

So Frank,  that means you need 5 hours every 24?   I good on 7,  too many 6s or less in a row and my sterling personality starts to deteriorate.

No Aj, something changed IN me?  Ok, I was always up to say march 17 and backwards...always a guy who could be expected to wake at 8 or so,  Then recently I start awaking at 2, or 3 or 4?  Then went to a nice average at 5AM, each day for 2 weeks which was a nice steady schedule>  Then 3 days ago, all over the place?  And I am NOT working as hard as during the LaS, sorting, dismantling, rushing, all that stuff I said combined? 

Well as you should know by now, I did noy=t know what to do...but I sure as chit do know..

We had rain come in most mid morning. And then went to full sun, humidty relentless, no breeze at all today, which seems odd only because every day has had a nice breeze for a month or two

So, I decided, I would really like to take a thorough, intensive look at each doors parts and needs, closely one at a time..., then figure out the B-pllar connections...which look crazy eassy.  There are two Screw head like carriage bolts, going though a simple beam that runs from from of car to back .  The bottom connection I can't see perfect, but a single bolt for sure.. And a few slats on roof and a simple board across the back of slats> 

Looks really simple to do the things I saw, igf The Dorrs get done by that contact.

But, I tried to get my boot on, but it just can't fit over three pair of socks,  I put those on in  the Morning atround 8, as my ankles change so much.  One morning, right looks like it did 5 years ago, but then might change by 11, without doing much.  The Left is bad today, and I have no idea what or how many things are wrong with me.  The red dots came back on left today, first time since at Dr]otors visit?  Why? how should I know> too many symptoms, of desease never heard og=f LAST Gypsy infestation... I know the asshats are messing with nature.  Bob jr said he heard of the rash though grapevine, and said people are spreading the word underground, not to hide, no to tyell the public/.

I have made up my mind what I WILL and HAVE planned to do next week!  I am filing official charges against that Clinic. Smoke that you brainless chatter box lifeless NURSE  /.. I had the first part on tape, as I screen calls, so I don't have to lisen tyo Jason.  Who is Jason?  same idiot looser that can't find a job a Mcdees so gets money from trying to shill older people on some "hey look, this one id=s finnall 65, lets go!!" So Jason calls, and I HAD to p[ick up as waiting on that LaSalle info call.  I actually regonised his voice as well as name,  Said can you repat your name?  I can't hear well :).. fell for it, k=like you are suprized?  I said, Well Jason (in a recipiutye way, Then said some very polite words in soft voice...things he will think about for a Loooog time...rif=ght littlr Jasson? mnnn  Your wonderful folks should join you in you know where,,,BAD people Make Jasons!!    All of the wot]rld is dead, only a few left. And at least ONE, will try to fight thois crappy USA!  I never putthat rag bavck up after tornado,,,it meands nothing rif]=ght now in modern world. people dies tomake this land for most of ty]=you to use for greed..h]meep your material world away from me.

most of you here think you get it, but guess again

mnobdy does squat when they KNOW they get it.b b Why should that beautiful girl Debby try so hard in out  POS contry, tellin me after mu=y vist...psss ..you got the best doctor...  The best doctor I ever saw since mine died, I told himstuff I bet he never hears from most of you here,  You whip ypour cars=ds out k=like they means something..yes the do...YOU are DEAD!  My doctor tried so hard to figure 3 or 4 things out because I was clear and precise at all thee people I knew I need good compassion, I tok=ld the Doc, please don't v=ever retire...unless you cannot pas thru that close ba]y door from your home to the exasm table LIKE mine did, at his home.  Hec asj=ked my docs m]=nasme even though by speak he knew was gob]ne for decades.. I had told him I searched forver and gave up years ago,,I could tell he knew that  I told him my doc saved my life at 3-4 years old,

Doc, please retire, We don't want yoiu

That one bad piece of crap female licensed Nurse reminded me so much of my "Liitle One: Yea she Knew she had her ducks together,, ya right bitch me and the Lasall guy had a nice chat about your life now,,,  I said to him after, I knew you were a great man 6 -7 years ago when I asked you to look at a few parts in your warehouse and you said a big snow so you need to plow a lot at some locations......and you said to get ready for my daughters sweet 16.. I reminded him That's why I knew, and why I remembered HER!

He said  "we are best friends".. I said the same with my son,...In said I wish you could meet him

the rest of you IDK

Listen to you tube type

Little one-  lyrics 

Most of you will be cluesss I know. but like he says in joy at the end...he he

good bye may never be back..no body even gives a like

go watch tv and get some crap sm]=nacks  Idon;t care of you  now

the whole aaca is fead too, a few class act people like Peter G , gives best tools of the industry to make threads, the moderators are fanstastioc..but you a- holes ride Pete when server switch with  bo hoo my pics don't work...I saw him hand you people yoiur wortless asses when he said " Will you PLEASE GIVE ME aminute" just like I capped or close. He was knowing he was tryinf]=g so hard for what some ahole tv show lovers...some ass said something about d]=somegenna ,,yea like your old fat ass has a chance in hel.

I will go right now to little one....it calms me, I like him a lot...he shittcanned someone he loved so much...and it says He was the one who left..at end he say all but you won't get it.. no likes by the dead either but he and I don't care..he he,   just like ending

Recent posts were reported to the moderators by another member who was concerned about his medical condition. I was able to contact law enforcement in his area and they have checked on him. I just received a call back and learned that he has been transported to a medical facility for treatment. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, MCHinson said:

Recent posts were reported to the moderators by another member who was concerned about his medical condition. I was able to contact law enforcement in his area and they have checked on him. I just received a call back and learned that he has been transported to a medical facility for treatment. 

Just one more reason I love this site so much. People show they care and help others when needed. I am remembering when my son was in Japan and was injured in a fall. People on this site scrambled to help out. I am so glad someone recognized the problem and went ahead to help. I hope all turns out well for Frank.

Phil Kennedy (the former owner of my 32 Dodge Brothers) and I visited Frank in 2013 and he sold me a set of bumpers and some hubcaps at a great price.  I, too, was worried about Frank's health as his posts continued to become more and more erratic.  Since Phil lives fairly close by we both were concerned.  I'm so glad Frank is getting the help I think we all realized he needed.  Kudos to this site and all the caring people who offer help and encouragement whenever it is needed.  Let's hope Frank is back with us very soon.

• Like 1

I have removed Frank's last post above. It had a bit of his personal information that does not need to be online. I too hope to see him recovered and back to working on old cars soon.

• Like 1

I hope. It's nothing serious,probably either mal nutrition or dehydration,I to noticed his posts being a little erratic lately,but being in California I didn't know what to do without invading his privacy,I'm glad for this site and people that where able to help,is anyone able to notify his son,.    Dave