Found in my barn -- what is it.

Lukethedrifter

I found this thing, maybe just some farmer's doodlebug, in the attic of my barn. I don't know what it is? I don't know how this forum works really but there are other pieces and doors and window parts that may or may not be associated with each other but I didn't know how many pictures I could post.  If anyone had a thought I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

IMG_4889.jpg

IMG_4870.jpg

I am not up on early stuff, but the seat hardware and bucket shape looks like genuine old car parts.

The rear body seems unusual design, so that might get it recognized?

Cool stuff, no matter what it is.

Certainly a "T" Ford axle but an interesting rumble seat roadster body with a really square looking back-side. The frame that it's sitting on is interesting, too. Could it be original or a later marriage? I'm guessing 1918 to 1920 era. More photos would be great.

Regards,

Henry F.

The low radiator shell makes it late 16 to 22 Ford T. I think you have an aftermarket body for a Model T with a turtle deck that converts to a rumble seat.

16 minutes ago, 30DodgePanel said:

why a wooden frame....

It's actually a sub-frame and is somewhat typical of very early cars with a flat firewall and no front doors.  Thinking 1906-1910 era design.

Just because a few T parts were there, along with an unknown door and windshields, does not make me think it was only for a T chassis.  The T had the rear spring mount elevated, so I'd look under the rear body to see if there is clearance for the T spring/crossmember.

It looks like a genuine early car front seat setup, and perhaps a homemade rear body? I'd compare the wooden front seat wood-type and joinery style, to the rear body, to see if it looks like it was factory made like the seat framing?  If it was a homemade rear body, there should be evidence of workmanship quality differences.

23 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

So nice to see real old car parts are still out there. That first windshield is a 1915-22 Model T and the brackets in the Model T  axle photo fit it.

I think that these are 1919 to 1925, otherwise they would have sidelamp brackets built into the windshield mount. The side lamps weren't supplied on cars with starters and the starting system was offered in the late teens