Rivieras and Riviera parts for sale on local Craigslist, eBay, etc.

RivNut

1 hour ago, spyke-52 said:

Wow, that leather interior is awsome.

8 hours ago, spyke-52 said:

Early car including, among other early car features, painted, not chromed, interior A pillar moldings.

Tom Moonry

On 11/7/2023 at 9:11 PM, spyke-52 said:

Yes, and early 1963 Riviera 7J1004581

120 MPH Speedo and no dimple in the vacuum reservoir. However, it does have the correct OSRV Mirror but mounted forward which is indicative lf mid uear production.

A NY car, no AC. No image of trunk, suspect rust.

18 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

Early car including, among other early car features, painted, not chromed, interior A pillar moldings.

How does 4-Note horns work without that dimple?

I cannot post the link but there is a guy on the Facebook Riviera Cars and Parts ROA group who is selling a 1883 Riviera convertible and a complete Riviera convertible parts car. He’s asking $6,500 for both.  His name is Brandon Marquis.

The one car has a 140 kph speedometer in it. Anyone able to explain this? Canadian car perhaps? IMG_1476.jpeg.4b2ffdb3266027b8a8d4e44d60d6d6fd.jpeg

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

14 hours ago, RivNut said:

ROA group who is selling a 1883 Riviera convertible

Good day.

No idea what the Buick marketing were doing in 1883, but a quick google search of 1983 Riviera Speedometer, shows a variety of options, including the same as above but indicating 140 mph and with the Riviera text bottom right. Also found images with top speed at 85 mph....

Sorry if I'm way off base here, just bored this morning...

1983-buick-riviera-xx-anniversary-edition.jpeg.2d6e49cb9bafa3e376fdd5975bab0910.jpeg

1983-buick-riviera-convertible.jpeg

1 hour ago, MikeJS said:

Good day.

No idea what the Buick marketing were doing in 1883, but a quick google search of 1983 Riviera Speedometer, shows a variety of options, including the same as above but indicating 140 mph and with the Riviera text bottom right. Also found images with top speed at 85 mph....

Sorry if I'm way off base here, just bored this morning...

1983-buick-riviera-xx-anniversary-edition.jpeg.2d6e49cb9bafa3e376fdd5975bab0910.jpeg

1983-buick-riviera-convertible.jpeg

I can tell by the solid wood burled walnut dash in the first picture that this speedometer is the one from the 1983 Riviera XX edition (I've had two of them.)  The bottom picture is from a standard run of the mill Riviera. My question is: Did Buick make a special package for cars in countries where distances are measured in kilometers rather than miles?  85 mph is equal to 136 kph. To convert mph to kph you multiply mph by 1.609, so 85 x 1.609 = 136.xx. 140 kph would fit nicely into this formula. Did Buick have special kph speedometers for Canadian exported Rivieras? All of this generation's Rivieras were built in Linden, NJ.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

4 hours ago, EmTee said:

Very clean '73, but $50K for a 100,000 mile car?  It will be interesting to see what happens with the auction (I predict 'no-sale').

I am amazed at the condition of car overall for 95k miles and especially driver door armrest. This thing had to be pampered. The quality of the re-paint would be one of the biggest concerns for a car priced in the 50k range.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JZRIV said:

The quality of the re-paint would be one of the biggest concerns for a car priced in the 50k range.

That, and I wouldn't expect to have to rebuild an engine or transmission anytime soon.

On 12/4/2023 at 8:24 AM, B Jake Moran said:

Marketplace - 1985 Buick Riviera | Facebook

image.png.a4b891da7db2d550333bccdb162aaced.png

image.png.49fdef1ecca101978bb29d2193c819dc.png

Someone may need this rare Suede Seats Riviera.  I would hate to see this scrapped with these 68,000 miles seats.  Upgrade your car.    As for the actual Riviera, it may be too far gone and is in perhaps my most unfavorite color. 

Replace the headliner, vacuum the interior (why would anyone post pictures of trash,) install,cargo springs and regular shocks (ditch the automatic leveling system), and it might be a decent car.  If that sorts itself out and it’s really drivable, swap in a 403 Olds (same engine as used in the Pontiac Trans Am 6.6 - remember Burt Reynold in Smokey and the Bandit?)

Always nice to discover another 60 year survivor.

Strange, located in Florida yet no AC? But, with those deflector vents wide open, no need if kept moving!

Also, has custom vinyl trim yet no power windows/trunk and no tilt.

With those bags in the rear, well, OK. But, chains the only solution to keep the axle from dropping out?

image.png.e189abbd62acd9d0f73783f7303856be.png