What is my car worth?

nick8086

I always paint my dirt cars white because it makes it easier for the fans to pick out.

We see a lot of very busy wraps these days and many times you cant make out the number from the stands.

It used to be the numbers has to be contrasting so the score keepers could readily tell who was who. But these days all the scoring is electronic and the big dollar cars all begin to look the same.

Usually we build the bodies from pre finished aluminum, but that industrial grade white is something like $30 a gallon, and I can do a couple of quickie paint jobs with a gallon of paint..

This guy parked on top of me.

Lebanon crash.jpg

Fine wine and fire station chili improve when properly aged and though it does appear that you in the process of aging your race car, it hasn't yet aged enough to acquire a vintage vehicle value.

Be patient, rubbing is racing, cars that have run a race are always easier to value than the untested entry and no matter what the future may bring, it will always be worth the value of scrap metal.

2 hours ago, JACK M said:

I always paint my dirt cars white because it makes it easier for the fans to pick out. ...

Interesting, Jack!  I bet you have some good racing stories to tell.

Start another thread, sometime.

And by the way, your car looks much better "before" the scrapes!

49 minutes ago, George Smolinski said:

Sorry Bernie,

According to the experts, your car has too many doors any definitely the wrong color.

Or maybe a top-of-the-line Buick in excellent condition is more desirable and valuable than a beat-up bottom-of-the-line Chrysler full of Bondo, with the wrong engine, and which has been sitting for 25 years?

Gee, that seems so odd.

Well the recent discussion was about the color & for me the right white can be striking (and good in a hot climate). This is the "general discussion".

ps I towed a 26' tandem trailer with a GM A-body and low compression 400 over 1,000 miles with the goat on board. Even kept it under 200F crossing Monteagle in July. Of course that was before I knew I couldn't.

Edited by padgett (see edit history)

Well! That was my laugh for the morning. And that was the ballroom floor for an alumni dinner before the furniture was brought in.

Ever notice how some writing can just flow with all the right words.. Oh, and I have the original bill of sale and canceled check. The car was purchased in February, 1961 at $1,000 under the calculated MSRP. I bet they said "Phew, that white albatross is finally gone!"

White cars; I mainly bought it to sell the front clip and part the rest...... 15 years ago.

Bernie