A fella can dream.....

Although the Mark IIs have seen some price increases in the last few years, that's still a GIANT price for one of these. You can find cars almost as nice for about half of what he's asking. They're not unobtainium, even for those of us with modest means. They're hellaciously expensive to restore, so you should buy a finished one, but like the early Buick Rivieras, everyone has been expecting these to skyrocket in value and it keeps not happening.

• Like 1

Quote from the ad: "This car has been partially restored and will continue to be restored unless someone would like to purchase it." Translation: "I've had a moment of clarity and realize the cash would be nice. I don't really want to sell it, but when the question comes up, at least I can say I tried."

I told my wife I offered my Chevy for sale the other day and she smiled pleasantly.. What's a fella to do?

There is always that old philosophy of start high, you can always come down.... well, unless you are like me. I put a price on a car and when asked to lower the price I offer to remove something from the car. The battery is new. I'll keep that and put in a good used one. The tires are the correct size and Coker whitewalls. I'll keep them and put on a nice set of Bridgestone radials. They catch on quick.

$80,000? That's only $4,000 a year for the next 20 years. How much would restoration costs be for the next ten years?

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

The seller is the one dreaming. For 80K I would expect the car to be totally restored to a 100 point car or a totally pristine original car.

I've looked over one in my area a few years ago for 5K in need of restoration. I was hoping it would have had the potential to make a nice driver out of it. It was a bit too far gone to do that for a reasonable amount of money.

Quote from the ad: "This car has been partially restored and will continue to be restored unless someone would like to purchase it." Translation: "I've had a moment of clarity and realize the cash would be nice. I don't really want to sell it, but when the question comes up, at least I can say I tried."

LOL!  A similar scenario went through my mind as I read that in the ad....

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Money talks" __ Neil Diamond __ 'Forever In Blue Jeans'