1965 Chrysler 300L Convertable 4-Spd

Guest SnipeUout

Guest SnipeUout

So I have a 1965 Chrysler 300L Convertible with a factory 4 speed that I'm selling. Tomorrow its going to a new home for 15k.

Its drivable, it was restored 20 years ago and it wasn't that great of a restoration. It needs to restored again. I'm military and its time to go. I just need to know if I'm getting a fair deal.

post-109613-143143083485_thumb.jpg

Edited by SnipeUout (see edit history)

The only real barometer of whether you got a fair deal is whether YOU feel it was a fair deal. Everyone else's opinion matters naught because it isn't their car and isn't their money.

Secondly, you made the deal and whether it's good or bad, you're obligated to stick to it, but I suspect you already knew that, too. Honor, integrity, and honesty matter, as I'm sure you understand more than many.

The deal is what the deal is.

Guest prs519

Uneducated guess says you sold about right. I believe this car will vary in value according to the state of the economy, being a luxury performance car with corresponding restoration costs. Not nearly enough info is given to attempt a current appraisal with any degree of confidence.

Cool car for sure. A Letter car with a 4 speed is very rare indeed! If it needs re-restoring and you got $15k it sounds fair.

They are expensive and difficult cars to restore as a lot of the parts needed are not reproduced and getting scarce.

I wish I had the money, room and ambition!

The total rarity of a C-body car, ANY C-body car of that vintage with a verifiable factory 4-speed manual trans CAN motivate some people to ask very high prices for such things. BUT rarity does not always mean "high price". It takes "two to tango" on those things.

Certainly, the "L" might not be as desireable as those that came before it. No really special engine, just a normal Chrysler 413 V-8. But it's still a great car. Oh, and the low production numbers of ANY Chrysler convertible!

You might have gotten a "#2" Newport convertible price for a "#3" 300 Convertible, but the key thing is that you DID find a buyer that, hopefully, knows what he's got. You have passed the custodianship on to another person for a reasonable amount of money (in your pocket). Be glad of the fun you had with the car. Take some pictures of it, if you haven't already done so, for the "Look what I had" times.

Enjoy!

NTX5467

Yep not unlike real estate - "your first offer is often your best" - if you are hot for another car, or need the money for something else, you are smart to close things out. If you are just speculating then maybe you wait for your dream price.

I think most people have a good idea of "the number" whatever it is.

Mr. Drysdale would have loved this one.