Have you uploaded your car to the Discovery Channel yet ?

FLYER15015

Personal?

Each of my Buicks, Cadillacs, and Packard have multiple "Thumbs Down"

are some folks just envious, or

Is it because they are NOT street-rodded?

Personal?

Envy, jealousy and spite I suspect Marty. Even Buttercup and Terry have received 7, 5 overnight. Jealous girls maybe... tha's OK, I'm sure Terry has dealt with that befire
Every Buick should get a thumbs up just out of principal.

2nd that

Talked myself into dropping a photo of the '34 on the Discovery Channel!

not finding it Stuart? will check back later

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

After watching this for a few days, I have a great idea. Let's get Quentin Tarantino to produce a movie about the Buick guys attending the Velocity channel annual car show. Maybe it could be called "Rebel Without a Clue". The Buick guys would help keep the misguided out of tattoo shops.

Bernie

Personal?

Seems to me the objective in the hobby today is to street rod em while maintaining the original appearance. Sleepers if you will. So just looking at one picture it is difficult to determine if some of the cars are street rodded or not. I suspect the thumbs down are coming from someone who is merely trying to prevent anyone elses cars from being selected by Velocity for it's pursuits. Which, by the way, is what you give them the rights to do when you post your car on there ( in case you did not read the fine print).

But I did give all the Buicks a Thumbs Up,, even the obviously street rodded ones.

Guest BigDogDaddy

I have been voting everyday ! If I don't like someone's car, I don't vote thumbs down. I just pass it it by and don't vote at all. There are some cars I would probably like, but the pictures is either blurry, or too small or cut off etc. I just pass those by too. But so far that has not applied to anyone here. :)

I just logged the 68th vote for Terry.

I see there are 7 jerks out there that gave Buttercup a thumbs down.

Wonder who they are ? And what kind of issues they have.

For me, I'll just keep voting. Now that Mr. Earl has raised the bar, I need some help though.

Grasshopper

Don't know why they even gave a thumbs down option, I mean wha's to be gained except for hurt feelings, by telling someone you don't like their car. I never give a thumbs down, just look smile and move on.

Well I finally found Stuarts and some others "cars" that I had been looking for. I assumed Velocity meant Classics to be along the lines of what Dennis Gage considers classics (since he is part of Velocity) vs the Classic Car Club of America's definition therefore I have been looking at Buick's in Classic all this time. But jeeze Louise, look what I found in Cars.

_Buick_Convertible_w_top.JPG

What a beautiful car Bob Coker.

But no matter, now I just know to look in Cars for Buicks also.

Guest mrgil200

thats me MrEarl ive been the proud owner for 4yrs it was garaged kept for the last 19yrs has about a 25/30 yr resto on it . runs drives great thinking about selling . thank for the thumbs up GIL (mrgil200@aol.com )

Yes, the categories are a mess!!

If you'll type 'Buick' in the bottom window and hit the search button, you'll pull up only Buicks no matter how the owner classified it, and you'll not see any of the other makes - unless that's your choice.

It will even sort by owner's name. I typed in Linda for my wife's car. It was a little wider than just Linda, I got Melinda, Belinda, and some guy from Yorba Linda, CA, but it's a lot quicker. Lots or Earls and derivatives of Earl, but you can sort out most of Lamar's cars pretty quickly.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

I've been a little under the weather, but have been giving the thumbs up for the Buicks... This the picture I uploaded, so, while y'all are giving the uppers out, any would be appreciated here too....

Mr.Earl, where did you get the special hood ornament on your yellow roadie???

post-48053-143142316383_thumb.jpg

Warped personality? Have you ever seen the TV shows they watch? Actually, I think the tastes are geared to main stream iconic items only, driven by desires for new rubber bands for the over 50 male pony tails and new tattoos. Not that I pay attention to stereotypes.

A few years ago I had my '64 Riviera in a parade with a bunch of other Buicks. I didn't know Snoop Dog had a Riviera.

Bernie

I don't think Terry and Buttercup nor anybody will ever pass this ones votes, currently at 204 and rightly so. This is the most beautiful car that old cod has. Yep, I know he has a 54....

_Buick_Convertible_w_top.JPG

But le's see how close we can get

Have you added your Buick or voted for Buttercup and Terry today? ;)

http://velocity.discovery.com/showro...o-you-ride.htm

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

So it's Christmas day and we've got Terry up to 125 "likes". Only a few more to go to meet Mr. Earls's requirement.

The sad news is that there are 17 crum bums out there that voted Buttercup with a thumbs down.

Five of those jerks also voted thumbs down on Marty's cars too. That's just nuts.

Must be a bunch of jealous Ford guys sneeking in here.

Mike

Not sure what is going on with some of the most recent Buicks being submitted. It appears the thumbs down button is stuck to the thumbs up button which sucks big time.

Terry and Buttecup are only two away from the blond and the '50 so I anticipate notifying her of her standing soon. A certain 55 convertible just keeps pulling away so don't anticipate ever catching up to it. Or maybe Bob would loan me the 55 some weekend for a photo shoot.........

Hey Mr. Earl,

I just put Buttercup at 177. Doing my part. Did you know she's now at TWICE the votes of Marty's stable.

Yea that red '57 in the show room isn't doing bad either.

And did you know, Mr. Earl's stable just broke 100. Way to go.......

Haven't seen Danny or Grant's cars posted. Maybe you should PM them to get in the race, and keep those Buicks flowing.

Doing it the Chicago way. Vote early and vote often.

Grasshopper

Edited by FLYER15015 (see edit history)

Haven't seen Danny or Grant's cars posted. Maybe you should PM them to get in the race

Grasshopper

Danny and Grant are probably a bit Thumbs Down Shy - us Colonials took a hammering overnight a couple of days ago. Mine went from 4 thumbs down to 33 thumbs down in a couple of hours. I suspect it was organised by some disgruntled pommie ( English ) cricket fans because we just flogged them in the Test Series.

Just as well us " Sandgropers " ( Danny can tell you what that means ) have really thick hides!

Yeah, I figured it out and posted a clip of Velocity channel viewers deciding 3 days ago.

I put some grapes in an old windshield washer bottle and caught three of them in my back yard last summer.

Or maybe their thumbs don't work right all the time:

Bernie

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)

But I've got to figure out how to explain to "Buttercup" the 82 thumbs downs. :( Any suggestions

http://velocity.discovery.com/showroom/games/what-do-you-ride.htm

Yes, but the "LIKES" for Buttercup just went over 180, and Marty's stable has not yet hit 100.

I haven't either, but we are closing in on the Century mark. A Buick pun.............

Vote early, vote often.

Grasshopper