Have you uploaded your car to the Discovery Channel yet ?

FLYER15015

Just noticed that the 1937 Roadmaster is at 99 Thumbs Up !

and 45 Thumbs Down?

The 1934 is at 94 Up,

and 14 Down

and the 1914 is at 83 Up

and 13 Down

Maybe I should be voting on my own cars, as well as All-Y'alls' (note the Southern Grammar)

Every time I vote for Buttercup, I add Marty's stable to the list, plus that really neat red '57 in the showroom, and Bernies white '60, and that '59 in front of the 'Connie', and on and on and on Y'all ('cause my bride's a "cracker" ).

Grasshopper

Butter cup is now at 187 likes/ 85 dummies.

I just put Marty's '37 at the Century mark, and the rest aren't far behind.

And I'm stuck in the high ninetys

So much for the weather report................

Edited by FLYER15015 (see edit history)

I don't understand the "Thumbs-Down" either...

Flyer, thanx for the Century Mark - even 'though I don't yet own a Century (sure would like a red & white '56 or a white '58 Century convertible --- too picky?)

bleach - I still like yours too...

I never learn my lesson. I made a rule a few years ago that I won't upload any photos for any of these online "contests", but I fell for Mr. Earl's invitation on this one. There always seems to be some group of antique car haters who love to "vote" against the original cars and "vote" for the modified cars. After the first time I went back to look at the cars in this I was disgusted by all of the "thumbs down" so I am doing my best to avoid going back to the site any more.

JohnD1956,

Over the years I have just seen enough of these types of contests with similar results that I just have to disagree with you. It is certainly not a reflection of judgment on the quality of the composition of the photos. In the worst example a few years ago, there was a link posted on the forum that showed a club member of another club showing other less technical members of their club how to game the system of that particular contest to vote multiple times for their club's cars and vote multiple times against the competition. It exposed an organized system of cheating in an online contest, and they were quite proud that they figured out how to cheat the system of that online contest. I just need to remember to avoid that sort of thing in the future. I need to follow my own rule.

Just flipped through all the cars, not just our Buicks, and wasn't surprised to see we all are doing quite well with the thumbs ups as well as the ratio of thumbs downs when compared to all the other makes and models. I mean even my old friend Burt and the two clowns with him here have 76 votes. Make that 77 as I just voted for him.

group_shot_x_.jpg

Jeeze there's no prizes involved here, it's all just in fun.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

It's too bad they put the thumbs down option to begin with. Afterall, they know how many times the pictures are viewed, or could easily find out. A simple subtraction calculation would have accomplished their goal. Like others, if I viewed a car I didn't think was worthy of a thumbs up, I simply did not vote. And I found quite a few in that category. Which leads to the observation that if everyone liked our cars as much as we did we'd all have 6 figure vehicles. Since we don't, you have to expect some negativity amongst all the potential viewers the internet provides. Heck, that's why there are so many manufacturers to begin with.

• 3 weeks later...

Make it 223 Mike!!! and thanks for bringing it back TTT. Haven't been checking in and voting lately and see there are still those who are so jealous of the best cars on the planet that they are still giving thumbs down to all the Buicks. p'raps I'll go ahead and let Buttercup and Terry know how they are doing, so le's give em one more run of voting.

http://www.velocity.com/showroom/games/what-do-you-ride.htm and search Buick

Well Mr. Earl, I made buttercup (and u-no-who) an even two and a quarter this morning.

Doing MY PART.............

Grasshopper

PS; make that 230 likes, and 107 dummies.......................

Do we have to make it an even 250 to get her to comment ?