I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

Another Buick with a Western Theme.

1950 Buick; Estimated cost to build in 1950...$50,000

Info below from the web.

"The original El Kineno is an incredibly rare creation. This "Dream Sports Utility Vehicle" is another rolling sculpture in a long parade line of special motoramic masterpieces Harley Earl built for himself, business associates, friends, movie stars, military leaders, royalty and other dignitaries. <O:P>From within the GM Styling Section that Harley Earl originally founded, he personally designed the El Kineno for his friend Congressman Richard Kleberg."</O:P>

In my opinion, I do not like the car; but I thought the photos should be posted.

post-58764-143139313053_thumb.jpg

post-58764-143139313054_thumb.jpg

post-58764-143139313056_thumb.jpg

post-58764-143139313059_thumb.jpg

post-58764-143139313062_thumb.gif

post-58764-143139313064_thumb.jpg

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)

Another Buick with a Western Theme.

1950 Buick; Estimated cost to build in 1950...$50,000

Info below from the web.

"The original El Kineno is an incredibly rare creation. This "Dream Sports Utility Vehicle" is another rolling sculpture in a long parade line of special motoramic masterpieces Harley Earl built for himself, business associates, friends, movie stars, military leaders, royalty and other dignitaries. <o:p></oFrom within the GM Styling Section that Harley Earl originally founded, he personally designed the El Kineno for his friend Congressman Richard Kleberg."

In my opinion, I do not like the car; but I thought the photos should be posted.

Dammann in Seventy Years of Buick tells us this Buick was built specifically for the King Ranch of Texas .

Still around??

Two photos out of Hazard, Kentucky of a 1953 Buick Skylark.

I have seen many photos of Skylarks, [mostly Buick factory photos or from car shows] but these are the first two period photos, and from a private collection, of a 1953 Skylark, that I have ever seen.

Just a rare as the 1953 Skylark.

First photo of Miss Kentucky in parade.

Second photo another parade with State Senators.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

post-58764-143139315291_thumb.jpg

post-58764-143139315294_thumb.jpg

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)

Downtown Little Rock, Ark.
Thanks for posting the pic of L.R. ARK. All of the BIg names stores ie. Dilliards, Cohns, Phiffers, Kempners... are all gone. They moved west away from Downtown. The only one I know that has survived is Dilliards but not downtown. Instead of saving all of the great architectural Bldgs they are being razed. The Little Rock planners killed Downtown when they closed off main street and made it a walking mall . Back in the early 60's I would get off of the school bus blocks from my parents office and walk the car dealerships. I looked for hood scoops which usually meant Big blocks and 4speeds. Times have changed. Now we can't say Merry Christmas without being scorned. I did drive my ' 50 Buick Sedanette on Christmas even though it began to rain and then freezing rain and then @ 10-12" of snow. I had been without power for 5 days but it was restored last night. I was having withdrawls for my favorite car web sites. My name is Dorsey and I'm a autoholic.