I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

A Durant. If you don't believe it belongs here please read on.

post-58764-143139344006_thumb.jpg

In 1904 Durant began realizing his vision of building the car industry. Starting from virtually nothing, he used his sales skills to enter Buick (which had only built 37 cars to date) into a New York auto show, returning with orders for 1,108 cars.

Durant and Samuel McLaughlin of Canada signed a 15-year contract to build Buick powertrains at cost plus; they were called McLaughlin Buicks until 1942. Durant went back to Detroit to start General Motors (GM) Holding Company at the suggestion of his partner McLaughlin, CEO of General Motors of Canada (founded November 20, 1907). Durant founded General Motors Holding Company on September 16, 1908, with $500,000 in Buick stock that Durant traded McLaughlin for $500,000 of McLaughlin stock, making McLaughlin one of General Motors' biggest shareholders.

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)

Mr.Earl.......

I like others, like your cap/hat.

I guess those pins are (54) & (Buick)?

Right, I know you are a 54 Buick guy, and can FULLY UNDERSTAND. FIFTY FOUR'S were/are cool cars. I had a 54 Century with scallops, loved it, so did the bride.

Dale in Indy

Thanks Smitty.You got good taste...:)

I had a 54 Century with scallops, loved it, so did the bride.

Now that would be a "Buick picture I would just love" to see.......

Hey you guys, you know the H.A.M.B.'ers are gonna get peed if you keep on ripping their photos off. .... Just saying, don't want to start a turf war.

Nice photos though.

Do you see me shakin in my boots? ;) I'm assuming you are referring to this HAMB thread Vintage shots from days gone by! - THE H.A.M.B. which is quite awesome and one that I regularly check in on. I'm also assuming your comment is said in jest or tongue in cheek ...... While I have not personally borrowed any photos from our HAMBER friends, I can not perceive them wanting to start something over a few images being borrowed by us, especially when who knows where they borrowed them from.

My personal take on it is "THANKS to those here who have taken the time to weed out the Buick related images from where ever they are finding them and for posting them here" I'll only suggest that if an image has a watermark on it or is otherwise known to be copyrighted, please don't post it here.

But if you are serious in thinking we may have violated some article of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, please PM me and lets discuss. Otherwise....on with the show......:cool:

1+cowboy-with-guts+fix.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

That 54 has SHARP rear fender fins. I LIKE....., but I'm a custom guy. LOL

My 54 Century with scallops was painted by Mandy Holder who had just quit being the painter for George Barris, in the late 50's.

Note no trunk/door handles. Dark blue, blue scallops. Loud pipes tooooooooooo, SMITTY'S. remember them?

P.S. The picture on the wall behind the Clay front end 54 looks like it has 4-head lights??

Edited by smithbrother (see edit history)

I like that CLAY WIDE RAKE the designer is using. The angle they pulled it would knock off the highs, and fill the lows. You can get clay STRAIGHT, and FLAT just by pulling it in different directions. Old trick, still in use today in making bodies STRAIGHT and FLAT, accept today it is with SAND PAPER...... Have been doing such on my latest build, soon to be shown, on the site FIRST.......

Dale in Indy aka SMITTEEONE

A 1954 Buick styling exercise that did not make production.

Note the tail fin.

I do like it however.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]173702[/ATTACH]

I have been searching for a set of 52 tailfins for much the same treatment. Also notice the 55 like rear bumper. and the roll and pleat seats. I like

Speaking of styling exercise, I believe this draftsman has the right idea.

013glc.jpg

That 54 has SHARP rear fender fins. I LIKE....., but I'm a custom guy. LOL

My 54 Century with scallops was painted by Mandy Holder who had just quit being the painter for George Barris, in the late 50's.

Note no trunk/door handles. Dark blue, blue scallops. Loud pipes tooooooooooo, SMITTY'S. remember them?

P.S. The picture on the wall behind the Clay front end 54 looks like it has 4-head lights??

WOW Smitty, you cool dude. I like that paint. I really like the accents on the front and back lower panels. I'm considering using the chrome pieces from from a 41 Special on the rear quarter of my 54.

1941BuickSpecial01s.jpg

Oh and thanks Lamar for posting the above link, Geez now Everybody is going to be in on this. .... and since when did you start wearing a white hat and bare buns and without at least chaps on?

But the good of all of this is HAMBS seem to be early ford and chevy guys and having folks sift through all of those some thousands of posts we will have Buick photos to look at here in one single location.

Oh and dave, by your reactions guess we kinda know now where you get your stash from too. What's this thing you've got going on with the , "copymarked from the dave gelinas files"? Gee I got those same photos from a Mechanics Illustrated magazines I have .... just sayin.

In the one photo it definitely appears the guys are combing the lot for something worth stealing like a 57 Buick maybe?

In the other photo, I can understandably see the guy is just not impressed by the salesman. Look at the guys face - Doesn't like those damn headlights with those dagmars?

"I don't know Mr. Salesman, kinda looks like a drunk dame with a hang over to me!?"

post-56742-143141718065_thumb.jpg

post-56742-143141718068_thumb.jpg

Dave, we have NEVER met, but it sure seems to me that you are a VALUED member.

YOU have MY vote, to CONTINUE.

You are correct, in this world, this day, the WWW is a wonderful tool, but impossible to control, so no surprise to me that some of your photo's pop up on the net now and then.

I wish you well, keep up the good work.

Dale in Indy aka Smitteeone