Dave Gelinas (XP-300)

I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

I stayed in a cabin in Minn. in the 60's. No electricity, or phones, but did have inside plumbing.

Took a little getting used to, but sure was quiet, I stayed just one night heading for Montana.

I was with Tractor Supply Co. going out scouting for new stores. Wonderful job, and company. I spent 15 years with them, opened dozens of new stores. We had a Cessna 310K at the time, great plane, landed a lot on grass. I flew right seat, and was in charge of LOOKING out the windshield, and making sure we had 3-GREEN lights before landing. IMPORTANT!!!!!

Dale in Indy

Picture three is interesting to me because it appears to be a picture of the end of the assembly line. The car on the left would be a Super because it has chrome headlight trims, but it also has Roadmaster bombsights on the fenders. Roadmasters came with a painted headlight door with a thin chrome trim. So it could be argued from this photo that the factory installed Roadmaster bombsight trims on the front fenders of the 56 Super.

The second picture of the 49 Sedanette shows the beautiful flowing lines of the REAR fender.

I have a pair, always wanted to make a small pull behind trailer out of such, wouldn't they make a great set of trailer fenders???? I think so.....

Some day over the RAINBOW............

Dale in Indy

Another Buick with a Western Theme.

1950 Buick; Estimated cost to build in 1950...$50,000

Info below from the web.

"The original El Kineno is an incredibly rare creation. This "Dream Sports Utility Vehicle" is another rolling sculpture in a long parade line of special motoramic masterpieces Harley Earl built for himself, business associates, friends, movie stars, military leaders, royalty and other dignitaries. <O:P>From within the GM Styling Section that Harley Earl originally founded, he personally designed the El Kineno for his friend Congressman Richard Kleberg."</O:P>

In my opinion, I do not like the car; but I thought the photos should be posted.

post-58764-143139313053_thumb.jpg

post-58764-143139313054_thumb.jpg

post-58764-143139313056_thumb.jpg

post-58764-143139313059_thumb.jpg

post-58764-143139313062_thumb.gif

post-58764-143139313064_thumb.jpg

Edited by xp-300 (see edit history)

Another Buick with a Western Theme.

1950 Buick; Estimated cost to build in 1950...$50,000

Info below from the web.

"The original El Kineno is an incredibly rare creation. This "Dream Sports Utility Vehicle" is another rolling sculpture in a long parade line of special motoramic masterpieces Harley Earl built for himself, business associates, friends, movie stars, military leaders, royalty and other dignitaries. <o:p></oFrom within the GM Styling Section that Harley Earl originally founded, he personally designed the El Kineno for his friend Congressman Richard Kleberg."

In my opinion, I do not like the car; but I thought the photos should be posted.

Dammann in Seventy Years of Buick tells us this Buick was built specifically for the King Ranch of Texas .

Still around??

Dammann in Seventy Years of Buick tells us this Buick was built specifically for the King Ranch of Texas .

Still around??

Yes, Stuart. The car resides in the King Ranch Museum, according to the website: King Ranch

That Weird Buick is of course a 1952, see that ROBERT???????

Looks like a train cow catcher on the front, but I bet is is a real mover. Looks like duct tape on windshield too, GOT TO LOVE THAT DUCT TAPE.....

Dale in Indy

A '54 Buick Highway member went home for the holidays and shared this

vxkqjr.jpg