Dave Gelinas (XP-300)

I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

1954 Buick Century.

Year of Jukebox Unknown.

Very Nice!!

But, Four holes '54 and earlier = Roadmaster

Great Pictures!! All of them!!

Lots of Buicks in that last pic Dave. Main Street USA. Not a foreign car in the bunch. Gotta love it!

That picture of the Dairy Queen is such a BAD REMINDER. In 1951 when I was 14 I received my first pay check from working on a farm. I cashed my check at the bank, rode my bike to the Dairy Queen, ordered my cone, AT THE WINDOW JUST LIKE IN THE PICTURE, at the front of the building. Then walked away leaving my billfold on the shelf. Ten minutes later I remembered such, but it was GONE when I returned.

Not a good feeling/day.

Dale in Indy

Most of you know the REST OF THE STORY........regarding the 1946 ornament xp-300 posted above.

In 1939-40 Buick was planning for the 41 cars, and this hood ornament was designed, but when it came time to produce the 1941 Buick's top level management PULLED it out of planned production. The war was upon us, it was decided that it would POSSIBLY offend folks since it was a bomb, and bomb site. History will show pictures of the Brunn custom cars that were scheduled to be built in 41 had this ornament in place, back in 1940.

After the war was ended, Buick and others were proud of the bomb that ended the war, so it was decided that the 1946 Buick's would use such. The early production was just like the picture show in the xp-300 post above. Soon dealers and customers discovered that the ring was stolen from their cars, and reported to be used by young girls as bracelets, so Buick incorporated the same piece, but with a heavy cross bar which prevented future thief issues.

Years ago I found a NON-CROSS BAR ornament at a swap meet, and it bolted right up to my 41 Buick hood, all holes and contour matched. I love it.

Dale in Indy