Really $27,000....

Jim Anselmo

I don't think it's so outrageous as a restored car price. How much are you going to spend restoring one from the ground up? I do get a little perturbed that they went so far with the description, but can't figure out whether it's a convertible or a roadster or a touring car, but they are probably NOT car folks, so I will let 'em slide on that one.

$27,000 yet it doesn't have a vacuum tank !!!

Hard to believe that a restoration of this quality would omit the vacuum tank.

I did not see engine compartment shots....how do you know it does not have a vacuum tank?

Yes, but it IS restored to AACA standered's. One of these days I'm going to get a copy of those standered's and read them.

Sure looks like foam in those seats. Can't restore an early car (pre- early 30's, anyway) to any club's standered's with foam seats.

Besides, I like using the word standered's.

Scroll down on the site -- there must be 30-40 photo's.

Found the shots.....I guess I did not let them all load the first time I tried to view them. Looks like the frame is unrestored....just cleaned up a bit.

I think the answer to the question at the bottom says it all!

Yuo wood'nt want too run it to long becaus more paint mite fall of the block,I wunder who the dodge club membr was that owned this car befour? I see the pichur of the dodge bros magazin.The tires look lik plastic,I wunder if my standered's wood be met with out dissapointments if i bout this "24 NEW ADD"?

Geez! Really??? :rolleyes:

I think the answer to the question at the bottom says it all!

Yuo wood'nt want too run it to long becaus more paint mite fall of the block,I wunder who the dodge club membr was that owned this car befour? I see the pichur of the dodge bros magazin.The tires look lik plastic,I wunder if my standered's wood be met with out dissapointments if i bout this "24 NEW ADD"?

Geez! Really??? :rolleyes:

I was sure I heard the tinkling of banjos when I read the description...

That is a nice restro.... Whew! That was a tough read. The underneath shots show a secondary cover below the running boards. Are those supposed to be there? They will certainly need to find an uninformed buyer with a lot of extra cash and impulsive spending habits... What was it P.T. Barnum said?...

Wow....reserve was not met!! Yikes! I wonder what they thought that thing was worth! Geeesh! Oh....and why can people not use proper english & spell check when they do an ad to sell something? That really bugs me!

Anyone know how to get a hold of the AACA standards? I'm curious as to what they are all about.

Going to their sales site at: 24 New Add shows the car offered for $37,500.00. I would suspect the "reserve" to be about 1/2 way in between, maybe like $32,000.00? That would figure!

I also saw the rippled gasket under the windshield and wondered about that but totally missed the handles on the outside! :rolleyes:

post-67404-143138638491_thumb.jpg

Car is only about 30 minutes from me, I guess if I had extra time I might go look at it just because I am curious, certaintely not to buy