Dandy Dave

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow....

It's going down into the single digits Sunday and Monday. That's rare for South Jersey/Philly. They'd probably love to have that in Minnesota.

We have About 2 Deg. F Right now, and the sun is just comming up. Tommorow is suppose to be minus something..... the worst I ever saw it here was 40 below and that was a record breaker. The only car around that sat out and would start was my old 78 Chevy Nova that year. Was back in the mid 90's and I lived just south of here in Livingston NY at the time.

The trees are still full of ice from earlier in the week. It has not warmed up enough to melt. The ice was about 1 inch thick and covered everything. Add that with the snow from yesterday and we get photos like this. Dandy Dave!

post-44142-143138419004_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dandy Dave
Add a Photo. (see edit history)

Minus 5 Deg. F this morning. Calling for more snow mid week. We haven't had an old fashion winter like this in years. Dandy Dave!

Snow?

Geeeszzz Tom, Those cars look like their shivering cold. How about putting some blankets on them. ;) Dandy Dave!

Geeeszzz Tom, Those cars look like their shivering cold. How about putting some blankets on them. ;) Dandy Dave!

I thought the same thing. Poor little yellow race car. :o

Minus 5 Deg. F this morning. Calling for more snow mid week. We haven't had an old fashion winter like this in years. Dandy Dave!

It's that darn Global Warming! :D

Jim

Well if anyone free snow, they can have all i have here.. this is what we got yesterday.. you notice how they are all winterized so well

post-31131-143138420537_thumb.jpg

Jim

Global warming doing its thing in Southern Connecticut this morning also. New Haven Register time & termperature sign read a big fat ZERO as I drove by this morning on my way to work...

Well if anyone free snow, they can have all i have here.. this is what we got yesterday.. you notice how they are all winterized so well

Albert my friend, I'll take you up on your offer. Send your snow up here. I'll send you this....:)

post-59904-143138420811_thumb.jpg

Zero in our driveway this morning. The diesel was not happy.

Don't you keep it plugged in during cold weather? It makes all the difference in the world if you do.

We have a Dodge diesel and by keeping it plugged in it starts right up and we have heat in the cab very quickly instead of about the time we get to where we are going. :)

Minus 11 here.... Landman takes the Booby Prize at what apears to be -25... :eek:

Snuggle up closer Punxsutawney Phil. :D Dandy Dave!

..... Snuggle up closer Punxsutawney Phil. :D Dandy Dave!

D.D. I am beginning to worry about you. :P

Only an inch and a half here in Beautiful Uptown Craryville this morning. I heard there's a lot in The Big Apple though. Dandy Dave!

And according to an expert on the TODAY show this is all due to global warming. He said that because of that more moisture is coming up out of the Gulf of Mexico and turning into snow. Hmmmm....does it go backward to bury the northwest??? :P

And according to an expert on the TODAY show this is all due to global warming. He said that because of that more moisture is coming up out of the Gulf of Mexico and turning into snow. Hmmmm....does it go backward to bury the northwest??? :P

Uh oh, now you've done it Susan. Opened the door to a highly controversial issue. The theory now is the melting of the Arctic ice cap is cooling the Gulf Stream being the cause of the "weather" being experienced. Of course one cannot ignore the ever changing Jet Stream air currents in the mix of things.

In reality we'd be a lot better off in increasing our understanding of the changes going on with the Earth's magnetic field, which has resulted in a shift in what we call magnetic North to being many degrees away from what is the physical North Pole. The magnetic field is directly tied to Tectonic Plate movement, the results of which are well illustrated with the events taking place in Australia. It is sufficient to say we are in for some events on the old planet that some alleged scientists and most certainly politicians will attribute to human activity in their ignorance of Earth Sciences and what goes on beneath the Earth's crust as Earth responds to events taking place on the Sun. It is a huge mistake to think man has any control over or can alter those affects.

By the way, over the 6 billion years of Earth's estimated existence the Earth's magnetic poles have shifted on many occasions. The results of those shifts have at times resulted in the extinction of all advanced living things, whether plant or creature in nature.

Jim

Edited by Jim_Edwards (see edit history)

WE got slammed with 18" of snow & Ice last night !

Our Electric power & heat was off for 4 hours !

45" of snow so far this winter~~~And counting ~~

Another snow storm expected this weekend ~~~~

And still another early next week !

Hi,

Only 1/2" here in the Chosen Spot.

I haven't gotten the snow scoop out yet this year. Only shoveled the walk once.

I'll be sure to pack boots and a snow shovel when I leave for the Annual Meeting next month.

Anyone comming to the Philly AACA annual meeting please feel free to take home as much of our snow as you wish !

We have plenty of FREE SNOW & ICE to spare !

Jim

I wonder how many still believe it? :eek:

These are the winters we used to get when I was a kid.