Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow....

Dandy Dave

Windjammer,

Yeah, fo' shooh, dat hunn-rid mile az d' pelican she fly (130 miles by I-10 hi-way').

My cuzzinz on Shear Road in Masonville tell me that the little cold snap we have here hain't nuttin -- Up dere, cold is fo'real, an' da snow, she don't stop kummin'. Hain't dat 'bout 40 mile from you-all??

We were at 58 and sunny this afternoon, and expect 67 and sunny tomorrow--- boy, am I looking forward to Philly next Wednesday !!

Marty

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

So, another somewhat of a dud. We were supposed to have 9"-10" overnight Saturday; it started snowing about 4:00 yesterday afternoon but after 4", it changed to rain around 9:00. We have had thunder during snow storms before, but about 11:00, we had very loud thunder and very bright lightning for about a half hour. I don't ever recall such a severe thunderstorm during winter. So, this morning we had to snowblow through the snow with a crust on it. I'd rather have a foot of snow than what we had.

Hi All,

Our dear friends Dick and Barbara Fox of Bar Harbor, Maine have been a driving force in preserving and resurecting the Paine Brass Car collection so that the Seal Cove Auto Museum has survived and become a great jewel. Please take the time to view the U-tube video below.

The link below will take you to a new film clip featuring the Museum's collection on Utube.

Also lots of recent postings on our Seal Cove Auto Museum Facebook page, including pictures of the Peugeot in Paris received from Sue Davis today.

Seal Cove Auto Museum | Facebook

Seal Cove Auto Museum

1414 Tremont Road

Seal Cove, Maine 04674

Hey, :eek: That's Me in those mittens!!! :P...:)...:D

We had a good melt yesterday and I was able to get a lot of the driveway down to dirt with the Buick Snowmaster and the old 62 Ford. That lousy weather man is calling for more snow here this week.... :mad: I wish I could kick em where it counts. :o...:)... Dandy Dave!

It has been beautiful here. We had 20 inches of snow with 40mph winds last week. Perfect. Because Saturday we had a sleigh rally with restored and original cutters, sleighs, and bob's, the trails were great. The wassail and hot buttered rums hit the spot. I feel sorry for the people that live way down south, you can't enjoy a hot buttered rum when it's over 70 outside. And tonight it's going down to minus 10. That will kill the mosquitoes.

Guest Jim_Edwards

Well here we go again! Darn Global warming has cause the temperature to take a nose dive across Texas. Got up this morning and it was 48 degrees. As I write this the temperature has dropped to 27 degrees and we are being blessed with freezing rain. You guys up East stand by because it's headed your way!

Jim

Well here we go again! Darn Global warming has cause the temperature to take a nose dive across Texas. Got up this morning and it was 48 degrees. As I write this the temperature has dropped to 27 degrees and we are being blessed with freezing rain. You guys up East stand by because it's headed your way!

Jim

Thanks for the warning, Jim!

By the way, we have been told by knowledgeable sources that the phrase "global warming" is now obsolete, having been replaced by "climate change" (so as to keep your tax dollars flowing toward certain causes, in the face of our recently very harsh winters)...

Please keep it on the QT...

I've been painting the outside of my house for the last couple of weeks. I painted one garage last December. I don't know how all of you manage to do the things that need to get done and still have some fun in summer.

My wife dosen't know how she and her family did it while growing up in MI. either.

Don

Edited by helfen (see edit history)

I've been painting the outside of my house for the last couple of weeks. I painted one garage last December. I don't know how all of you manage to do the things that need to get done and still have some fun in summer.

My wife dosen't know how she and her family did it while groing up in MI. either.

Don

Before we retired over eight years ago we had the old wood siding taken off, exterior insulation added and then had vinyl siding, etc. put on the half/parts of the house that are not brick. All new double pane windows and new roofs on the house and garage to make the house as maintenance free as we could. That has helped a lot to cut down on summertime work here.

Guest Jim_Edwards
The white crap here in Indiana just cost me my transmission in my 03 windstar. Bill WEB 38

Don't blame the snow. Might have contributed, but the fact is the trannys in Windstars are apparently pure crap. My eldest daughter's Windstar is on its 3rd replacement transmission. She drives like a sane person should so I know the failures are not from abuse.

Jim

Jim you are so right, after checking around I Found out the Windstar trans. is a piece of crap that FORD WILL NOT OWN UP TO. they have a recall on the rear axcel and steering mounts but there biggest screw up is to expenseve to recall so just stick it to the customer. NO MORE FORDS FOR ME. Bill WEB 38

Not too much snow, but we got frost on our pumpkins....and other things!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've had some frost too, but our days have been 68-72 degrees for two weeks. My broccoli, cabbage, lettuce, cucumber, and cantaloupe are up and running. Sure glad I built cold frames. starting tomatoes in the hot house soon. Hate to buy products from Mexico in winter as they still use DDT. Home grown really does taste better! Last year I got so much produce I started supplying the neighbors and my friends restaurant............all on the good faith barter system!

Don

One thing I found from owning 90's Fords - 93 Cougar, 94 Sable, 95 Crown Vic, 98 Windstar, 00 Taurus - the transmissions need to be serviced every 35-40,000 miles - new fluid, new filter. Otherwise, the clutches get gunked up, they start shuddering and shifting irregularly, then fail. The Crown Vic, Windstar and Taurus were the most susceptible.

Ohhhhh, I'm melting,... I'm melting.... First time I've seem the driveway in a few months. It was 52 yesterday for Valentines Day. This morning we had a low of 9 Degrees F. Very windy last night. Suppose to warm up to the 40's tomorrow. Dandy Dave!

post-44142-143138449615_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138449633_thumb.jpg

We are back to the LOW 70s daytime, and high 50s overnight

Lots of sunshine too!

Philadelphia was wonderful last week, except for the cold - it is great to be back in New Orleans -- now getting eady for Mardi Gras!

Le Bon Temps Rouler! -- Let the Good Times Roll !!

We are back to the LOW 70s daytime, and high 50s overnight

Lots of sunshine too!

Philadelphia was wonderful last week, except for the cold - it is great to be back in New Orleans -- now getting eady for Mardi Gras!

Le Bon Temps Rouler! -- Let the Good Times Roll !!

Has Mardi Gras made a comeback since Katrina? I was there once back in 1974 when we visited my Aunt who lives in Baton Rouge. I was also there back in 1992, but it was July and I was on my Honeymoon. Some dizzy, and loose young lady tried to pick pocket me while I was sitting in a little place. She kept telling me that it was only love! My now ex ol lady was ready to belt her with a pocket book. But a fellow playing old songs on a Guitar in front of us called the Bouncer to remove her. There was a bunch of her friends on the street that kept telling her that we were on to her and to come along. She left without a lot of trouble. Oh the memories... Dandy Dave!

YES ! -- MARDI GRAS IS AS MUCH FUN AS EVER !

The Quarter is fine, especially if you like seeing drunk South Dakotans acting like they would never act in front of their parents----

We also have FAMILY GRAS - out here in Jefferson Parish -- big time, with family-wholesome entertainment, parades, stages, music, costuming, bands --BETTER THAN EVER !

Three more weeks of Parades, Revelry, Entertainment, Fantastic Weather, and hopefully Tourist Dollars

Guest windjamer

:DOh the memories,Double d ,Marty, I landed in NEu OR_LEANS in Aug. 1958. I got off a bus and bought a pack of pickeuns cigeretts, I lit one and decided I would quit smoking at least untill I could dig a pk. of camels out of my bag. I had some time befor I had to report in to camp, so I hailed a cab and ask the driver to take me some place quiet where I could grab a beer and relax. He took me to a little bar called the talk of the town located on burbon street. Might have been the same place you stoped Dave. The rest of that night is unprintable,but I wonder if the bar is still there??? I was there about 4 munths and then sent to the cape in CoCo Fla. I did buy a 49 Merc. while there for $50.,put a clutch in it and tripled my money when I left. BTW, the weather here is right at 60 degrees and sunny. Be low thirtys tomorrow, but nice today.:D

It is sunny here but VERY windy. A few large raindrops but not many. It is supposed to stay nice in the daytime for several more days.

We have quite a few different bulb type flowers that the leaves are peeking up out of the ground. The leaves of our Magic Lilys are about two inches out of the ground.

When I hear the peepers down over the hill spring can't be far behind. :)

We were at 45° on Wednesday, 55° Thursday and 35° yesterday but looks like we lost 4" of snow according to the measuring stick I have out front. It's sunny today but very windy. Am surprised we haven't lost power - but the day isn't over yet. Supposed to get very cold tonight with snow possible on Monday.

We have had snow on the hills/mountains around our valley here, but not on the valley floor. I have had to incorporate my "anti-windshield-freezing- device" though, since I have no heater/defroster in the truck, no wipers that work and I have gone back to work so I hate the scraping in the morning. Thing is...once I scrape, I get about ten blocks and the windshield is frosted up again. A rare occurrence, indeed...my truck is EMPTY of trash and rosebush clippings. Let it snow, now!

post-37352-143138455562_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

ANOTHER PERFECT WEEKEND !!!

Saturday - Drove the 1937 Roadmaster convertible Phaeton in a neighborhood Mardi Gras Parade, transporting the Past-King and Queen -- chamber of commerce weather - temp was 75 - sky was sunny

Sunday, same weather - but this time took the 1930 Packard Phaeton - took Sunday School Class kids into New Orleans to meet with 2 other congregations for Story Telleing -- back to suburbs -- with another dad, his son and my grandson - out to the boatlaunch at Lake Pontchartrain to the refreshment stand - kids scarffed hotdogs, nachos, pickles, icecream, Barq's Rootbeer --

Later picked up wife - boogie with her and grandson to local seafood spot for fresh oysters on the halfshell, grilled shrimp, froglegs, hushpuppies -- drove grandson home - put the Packard to bed -- I'm next ....

Y'all need to share some of our fine weather, food, and hospitality....

post-54863-143138458131_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143138458133_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

ANOTHER PERFECT WEEKEND !!!

Drove the 1937 Roadmaster convertible Phaeton in a neighborhood Mardi Gras Parade, transporting the Past-King and Queen -- chamber of commerce weather - temp was 75 - sky was sunny

Sunday, same weather - but this time took the 1930 Packard Phaeton - took Sunday School Class kids into New Orleans to meet with 2 other congregations for Story Telleing -- back to suburbs -- with another dad, his son and my grandson - out to the boatlaunch at Lake Pontchartrain to the refreshment stand - kids scarffed hotdogs, nachos, pickles, icecream, Barq's Rootbeer --

Later picked up wife - boogie with her and grandson to local seafood spot for fresh oysters on the halfshell, grilled shrimp, froglegs, hushpuppies -- drove grandson home - put the Packard to bed -- I'm next ....

Y'all need to share some of our fine weather, food, and hospitality....

Sounds like WAYYYYY too much fun.

We have about 3 inches more of white powder here this morning. Looks like I have to move it again with the Buick Snowmaster.

If the earth was a Donut, would this be the sugar coating?

A sign that hung in a small local Diner years ago read,

As ye stagger though life, keep your eye upon the donut, and not upon the hole.

I guess the guy that wrote that did not own a Buick Snowmaster to push holes though the snow with. ;) Dandy Dave!

I walk my dog Haylee past Woodstock several times a day on her way out for "potty trips".

I sure hope that this will be the year that Bill is able to figure out what is going on with Woodstock that will fix why it still doesn't want to run correctly. After spending all that money last year to put a new wiring harness on the car it is still not running well enough to go anywhere in it. :(

I am beginning to wish we had never bought this car. It is now the third one just sitting taking up space.