Dandy Dave

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow....

Nope, but I had a friend years ago that found a "bail" that had washed up on the East Coast.:D

I think they found a "bale". "Bail" was what they did when holes were shot in the hull or what they posted when they wanted to get out of jail.

I think they found a "bale". "Bail" was what they did when holes were shot in the hull or what they posted when they wanted to get out of jail.

OK, you got me. Geeezzz.... Well, you knew what I meant.:)

Snow is forecast for Tuesday here in northern Virginia. Can't happen, it got all used up last year.

Oh Fudge! (in the immortal words of Ralphie from The Christmas Story); same forecast for CT too--starting tomorrow, and supposedly proceeding on into Wednesday...

Oh-Fudge-Black-Shirt.jpg

Hey boss, can I "work from home?"

Edited by stock_steve (see edit history)

Rocketraider, my wife's cousin, husband and family live in Danville. We've been there a couple of times but it's been awhile.

We actually have snow on the beach here right now. It should melt tomorrow afternoon, but there are icy roads here now.

Is that "Buick" running a nailhead or a Perkins?

You hit the Nail Head dead Center. Why a Perkins of course. I'm sure a Buick engineer was in on that design. ;) Best starting Diesel I ever saw. :cool:

The Storm is on it's way starting tonight, Tuesday, and into Wednesday. The Buick Snow Master is ready for duty. :D Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Snow is forecast for Tuesday here in northern Virginia. Can't happen, it got all used up last year.

Well, it's Tuesday, not even 2 pm here in the DC area (Montgomery County MD), not snowing yet but all the school systems are either closed or closing. DC area under CONDITION WHITE!!! :eek:

Well, it's Tuesday, not even 2 pm here in the DC area (Montgomery County MD), not snowing yet but all the school systems are either closed or closing. DC area under CONDITION WHITE!!! :eek:

If I have a guess, the fear of a repeat of a few days ago is going to pan out to be virtually nothing. Looks to me as if the Low pressure area that created havoc across the South and South East has basically fizzled out and the same pretty much applies to the system that yesterday was dumping snow across the Midwest. Paranoia running rampant?

Jim

(snip) Paranoia running rampant?

Jim

Absolutely. I've lived here all my life and it gets more silly by the hour. And not just the weather... neighboring county (Prince Georges, MD) has had eleven murders in eleven days (happy new year). This is the place, you may have read, where the county exec (Jack Johnson) recently got busted for misuse of funds by the "Fibbies" and told his old lady to stuff $79 grand in her shorts (google it!).

Here is a picture of my 1956 Willys-Overland. Sold on Ebay a few years ago but I always liked this picture:104-0434_IMG.JPG

From a few years ago, too...my 1928 Ford A and one of my 1931 Dodge coupes.

post-37352-143138401064_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138401069_thumb.jpg

Well, here it comes again, :P Suppose to keep on all day. Post more photos later. Dandy Dave!

At least a solid *foot* on the ground here in Southern Connecticut, Dandy Dave, and it's still coming down strongly as I type this (during one of my shoveling breaks)...

Yuck!

Will try for a photo or two later on...

Good luck to us all shoveling ourselves out today!

At least a solid *foot* on the ground here in Southern Connecticut, Dandy Dave, and it's still coming down strongly as I type this (during one of my shoveling breaks)...

Yuck!

Will try for a photo or two later on...

Good luck to us all shoveling ourselves out today!

Whats da matter Steve, Ain't ya got no Buick Snowmaster? :eek: In you case I guess a VW Beatle snow shovel would do. Hhhmmmm, Now how would Red Green do it. ;)... Dandy Dave!

Whats da matter Steve, Ain't ya got no Buick Snowmaster? :eek: In you case I guess a VW Beatle snow shovel would do. Hhhmmmm, Now how would Red Green do it. ;)... Dandy Dave!

Red Green would somehow incorporate duct tape to pick up the snow.

It's supposed to be a balmy 49 degrees here today! Let it snow...elsewhere.

This just showed up on Facebook. One person has already commented that it should say Y'all rather than You. :D

post-36313-143138402321_thumb.jpg

Well looky there... the old coal shovel don't lie. Yep, a foot at least. After using the Buick SnowMaster I cleaned up a little with the old 1962 Ford F-250 just to give it a little exercise. That's a 272 under the hood and a vintage Hy-Lo-Jack snow plow pump. :cool: Dandy Dave!

post-44142-143138402551_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138402567_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138402584_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138402604_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138402622_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Well, we may not be getting any of that white stuff this time, but its supposed to be in the 20s tomorrow morning. I know, I know, thats nothing to many of you. BUT, down here, thats cold!:eek: