Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow....

Dandy Dave

Thinking about it, I believe there is about 7 different trucks rolled up in that 1962 F-250. package. I've owned it for about 30 years. The original truck had a 223 6 cylinder and a little 3 speed on the tree. The cab and nose was rotted out pretty bad but I ran it that way for several years until the engine developed a knock. I aquired a 279 CID (Produced 52-55) Ford Truck engine out of an old 1955 F- 750 fire truck which had a 5 speed over-drive Clark transmission. I pulled that 279 apart, unseized it and re-ringed it back in the early eighties. I ran that engine for about 15 years until it threw a rod while plowing snow one winter. I aquired the 272 about 10 years ago, pulled it apart and did a valve job on it. the rest of the motor was in good shape so I put it back together again. I don't run it hard like I did when I was a young un.

The Top of the cab is from the original truck. The bottom half was from a truck my uncle aquired for the running gear. It was a California truck that found it's way east and ended up in a roll over. The bottom was in excellent condition 28 years ago, but the roof was crushed, So I cut the top off of my old cap and lined up the glass openings and gas welded them together. Mig welders were rare and expensive in those days and not many had them. I also saved the fender wells from that old tan california truck and about half of a fender that was usable.

Then about eight or ten years after putting the old truck together, I was heading to the Rhinebeck Car Show back in the late eighties, early 90's, and was T boned by a gang of hoodlems in a big old red GM wagon that ran a stop sign. They forced the 1962 Ford under a flat bed tractor trailer, trailer which tore up the passanger side and snaped the front axle off by the rear trailer wheels just before it came to a halt. It was a Hit and Run, and they ran. Never found them but I did a lot of searching. Had it towed back home and was on the trail searching when I came across a 1962 F-250 parts truck. I bought it, and used the front axle and some other parts to put my lovely old Ford back together again. I believe that snapped off axle is still out back sitting by the parts truck. Of course I had some friends looking out for parts for me and ended up with a couple of doors that were better than mine. As you can see, one is red, and one is white, both off of different trucks. The hood was off of truck that was dammaged durring shipping and replaced at a dealership. I got it from an old friend who aquired it from the dealer who cleaned out a bunch of unwanted stuff in storage. Several other pieces came from several local salvage yards.

The horns on the roof were out of a 1953 Chevy two ton truck we had on the farm in the farm dump when I was a kid. The light on the roof was on it when I bought it 30 years ago.

The Gar-Wood Dump Body came off of a 1936 Ford truck chassies we had on the farm years ago.

Talk about a Love affair with an Automobile. I always wanted to enter it in an Ugly Truck Contest. She has been a tough old war wagon and has served me well though the years. I was thinking about it the other day that this old truck is pushing fifty. Oh yeah, The vin number for a 1962 Ford F-250,... It is attached to the Glove Box door and still remains with the truck. :D Dandy Dave!

I can just see the Ebay ad now.

For sale - All original antique truck. Just not all orginal to THIS truck. Serious offers only. :D

Guest 1hooligan

I am keeping my mouth shut regarding our nice Arizona weather, last time I make a comment about our sunny weather IT SNOWED A FOOT THE NEXT DAY, AND THE TEMP DROPPED TO SIX BELOW.

Up here we ended up with about 3 inches of snow and then the frozen rain came. The cars and everything else were all covered in a coating of ice this morning. I hate's Ice. :mad: Snow we can push around. About the only thing I can do with ice is rip it up with the Backhoe teeth and then shove it out of the way, or salt and sand the heck out of it which ends up tracked in the house. :( I think I'll just hibernat with ol Punxsutawney Phil until it melts. :D Dandy Dave!

Didn't feel like cleaning out the driveway last night so woke up to 7-8" of rain soaked snow this morning. Snowblower running lousy; I called the dealer where I bought it and he said it sounded like water in the gas - bah - ethanol. Said he had 30 blowers brought in the last week with similar symptoms. Anyway, it started snowing again about 1:00 this PM and is still snowing. It didn't stick on the ground until after dark. More snow on tap for Friday followed by bitter cold over the weekend. Everything is going to freeze rock hard. I so want to retire and move to Florida.

More this morning. About 4 inches of the fresh white stuff. Ice underneath. I had to take Ma to the Doc for blood work. The Buick got me there and home without incident and all before I get the SnowMaster out for duty. Dandy Dave!

Still no snow in our neighborhood

No need, yet, to pull out the tire chains,

or even to put up the convertible top

although, it did get a bit chilly here inNew Orleans last night.

When Cabin Fever get to you, c'mon down to N'Awlins for a visit.

Seriously, I do feel for y'all -

I lived through it for years in New Jersey and the Mid-West,

and Dad was from Plattsburg, New York on Lake Champlain

post-54863-143138418674_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143138418676_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143138418678_thumb.jpg

post-54863-14313841868_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143138418689_thumb.jpg

post-54863-14313841869_thumb.jpg

Guest bofusmosby

Well, we're not getting any of that white stuff, but hey, its going to be down into the mid 30s, and the fan on our heater just died. This big old house, and no heat! No insulation either. Oh well, I'll be bringing in the 2 dogs, meaning its going to be a 2 dog night!:eek:

Guest Skyking

Last night I came home from work and hit the garage door opener. The door went up about an inch, then back down. I tried it again, up an inch and then back down. I went in to investigate and found that the torsion spring let go. My wife put her car in there about an hour before I came home. She heard a loud bag and didn't see anything out of place in the garage.

This morning was the first time in years I had to clean my truck off.:mad:

I called Overhead Door and they came and fixed it today. The guy said I was lucky because the springs only last for around 7 years. I got 12 out of it.

If it were the springs that ride the door sides like I have in my other garage, I would have fixed it myself, but not that torsion spring..........tons of pressure.

We have About 2 Deg. F Right now, and the sun is just comming up. Tommorow is suppose to be minus something..... the worst I ever saw it here was 40 below and that was a record breaker. The only car around that sat out and would start was my old 78 Chevy Nova that year. Was back in the mid 90's and I lived just south of here in Livingston NY at the time.

The trees are still full of ice from earlier in the week. It has not warmed up enough to melt. The ice was about 1 inch thick and covered everything. Add that with the snow from yesterday and we get photos like this. Dandy Dave!

post-44142-143138419004_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dandy Dave
Add a Photo. (see edit history)

Guest Jim_Edwards
Minus 5 Deg. F this morning. Calling for more snow mid week. We haven't had an old fashion winter like this in years. Dandy Dave!

It's that darn Global Warming! :D

Jim

Well if anyone free snow, they can have all i have here.. this is what we got yesterday.. you notice how they are all winterized so well

post-31131-143138420537_thumb.jpg

Zero in our driveway this morning. The diesel was not happy.

Don't you keep it plugged in during cold weather? It makes all the difference in the world if you do.

We have a Dodge diesel and by keeping it plugged in it starts right up and we have heat in the cab very quickly instead of about the time we get to where we are going. :)

D.D. I am beginning to worry about you. :P

Don't Worry, Harry and Meatsy have been keeping my sanity on these cold northern winter days. ;)...:)...:D Dandy Dave!

http://forums.aaca.org/f115/harry-meatsy-invent-294790.html

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)