Dandy Dave

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow....

We have been reduced to two to four inches today. Had about six inches yesterday. Not the Whopper of a storm (12 to 20) they were calling for, but a sloppy mess anyway.

It's Official. No Shadow for ol Punxsutawney Phil. It's going to be an early spring. :D Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

We have been reduced to two to four inches today. Had about six inches yesterday. Not the Whopper of a storm (12 to 20) they were calling for, but a sloppy mess anyway...

Rain hitting frozen ground here in Stony Creek, CT this morning, making for instant ice skating rink.

...It's Official. No Shadow for ol Punxsutawney Phil. It's going to be an early spring. :D Dandy Dave!

I'm definitely digging that G.H. Day report, Dandy Dave!!!

Edited by stock_steve (see edit history)

We lucked out - depending on your point of view, I guess - and got about 8-9" between yesterday and today. Today's storm fizzled out pretty quickly this afternoon. Most all businesses closed at noon thinking the worst was yet to hit but by the time I finished clearing the yard at 4:00PM, blue sky was peaking through off to the west. Certainly not the 16-20" forecast.

The Sun is out here this morning as well. I'm off in the Buick Snowmaster to clear the way. :D Only about 6 or 7 inches here as well. Dandy Dave!

No end in sight in DFW - this morning we had 6 to 8 inches of new snow on top of the ice that had never melted since tuesday. They are predicting a warmup tomorrow but then a new cold front will come thru at midday SUNDAY - We are blaming it all on Jerry Jones!

i can't wait till spring is here in southwest missouri, charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor.

Bill noticed this morning that we have daffodil shoots coming up out of the ground about an inch or more for some. :eek:

Last year they came up about four inches and then got covered in a soft fluffy snow that insulated them from the cold and we had a bumper crop of beautiful daffodils and jonquils of many colors and types. :)

Nice, sunny day here. Temps above 32° for the first time in quite awhile. More snow forecast for tomorrow afternoon and night, 7" possible. Looks snowy for the next week with storms on Tuesday and Thursday. We'll see.

:D Hey Marty, picture in the morning paper here in good old Binghamton NY shows a whoooooole bunch of ice cicles hanging from a big old oak tree in lafayette LA. Haint dat bout a hunard miles fum ya-all?:eek:

Windjammer,

Yeah, fo' shooh, dat hunn-rid mile az d' pelican she fly (130 miles by I-10 hi-way').

My cuzzinz on Shear Road in Masonville tell me that the little cold snap we have here hain't nuttin -- Up dere, cold is fo'real, an' da snow, she don't stop kummin'. Hain't dat 'bout 40 mile from you-all??

We were at 58 and sunny this afternoon, and expect 67 and sunny tomorrow--- boy, am I looking forward to Philly next Wednesday !!

Marty

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

Despised weatherman says the mercury is supposedly going to shoot up to "The Big Four Oh" (40) in CT today.

Dare to dream...

All the snow here is melting and making the ice underneath slick. Be careful outside walking around in this stuff. Dandy Dave!

So, another somewhat of a dud. We were supposed to have 9"-10" overnight Saturday; it started snowing about 4:00 yesterday afternoon but after 4", it changed to rain around 9:00. We have had thunder during snow storms before, but about 11:00, we had very loud thunder and very bright lightning for about a half hour. I don't ever recall such a severe thunderstorm during winter. So, this morning we had to snowblow through the snow with a crust on it. I'd rather have a foot of snow than what we had.

Hi All,

Our dear friends Dick and Barbara Fox of Bar Harbor, Maine have been a driving force in preserving and resurecting the Paine Brass Car collection so that the Seal Cove Auto Museum has survived and become a great jewel. Please take the time to view the U-tube video below.

The link below will take you to a new film clip featuring the Museum's collection on Utube.

Also lots of recent postings on our Seal Cove Auto Museum Facebook page, including pictures of the Peugeot in Paris received from Sue Davis today.

Seal Cove Auto Museum | Facebook

Seal Cove Auto Museum

1414 Tremont Road

Seal Cove, Maine 04674

Hey, :eek: That's Me in those mittens!!! :P...:)...:D

We had a good melt yesterday and I was able to get a lot of the driveway down to dirt with the Buick Snowmaster and the old 62 Ford. That lousy weather man is calling for more snow here this week.... :mad: I wish I could kick em where it counts. :o...:)... Dandy Dave!

It has been beautiful here. We had 20 inches of snow with 40mph winds last week. Perfect. Because Saturday we had a sleigh rally with restored and original cutters, sleighs, and bob's, the trails were great. The wassail and hot buttered rums hit the spot. I feel sorry for the people that live way down south, you can't enjoy a hot buttered rum when it's over 70 outside. And tonight it's going down to minus 10. That will kill the mosquitoes.

Here is what we woke up to today.... and it is still snowing. Gotta get ol' Ma to the vet this morning. They sure know how to pick these appointments on snowy days. Dandy Dave!

post-44142-143138437326_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138437344_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138437361_thumb.jpg

Well here we go again! Darn Global warming has cause the temperature to take a nose dive across Texas. Got up this morning and it was 48 degrees. As I write this the temperature has dropped to 27 degrees and we are being blessed with freezing rain. You guys up East stand by because it's headed your way!

Jim

Well here we go again! Darn Global warming has cause the temperature to take a nose dive across Texas. Got up this morning and it was 48 degrees. As I write this the temperature has dropped to 27 degrees and we are being blessed with freezing rain. You guys up East stand by because it's headed your way!

Jim

Thanks for the warning, Jim!

By the way, we have been told by knowledgeable sources that the phrase "global warming" is now obsolete, having been replaced by "climate change" (so as to keep your tax dollars flowing toward certain causes, in the face of our recently very harsh winters)...

Please keep it on the QT...

I've been painting the outside of my house for the last couple of weeks. I painted one garage last December. I don't know how all of you manage to do the things that need to get done and still have some fun in summer.

My wife dosen't know how she and her family did it while growing up in MI. either.

Don

Edited by helfen (see edit history)