Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow....

Dandy Dave

I walk my dog Haylee past Woodstock several times a day on her way out for "potty trips".

I sure hope that this will be the year that Bill is able to figure out what is going on with Woodstock that will fix why it still doesn't want to run correctly. After spending all that money last year to put a new wiring harness on the car it is still not running well enough to go anywhere in it. :(

I am beginning to wish we had never bought this car. It is now the third one just sitting taking up space.

It is something so simple that the problem is being overlooked. Dandy Dave!

Guest windjamer

:)Like Dave says,Its so simple its overlooked. Years ago had a customer come to the shop with a Pontiac that quit every time he went up a certain hill. We put it on the bear mach. but could find nothing wrong. IN TALKING with him he said the car ran good UNTILL he done a tune up. I done a quick spot check and pulled the dist. cap. I found a small socket he had used to change the pts. and evendently droped on the dist. plate. when he went up hill it rooled against the pts. and shorted out,when he got back on level ground it rooled off and the car run. I think we have all heard it, AFTER YOU WORKED ON IT.:eek:

D.D. and wj,

I think that you both may very well be right. Bill has mentioned that prior to having the new wiring harness put on that he had made some adjustments and that they may now be incorrect.

We went from blazing hot weather and Asian Tiger mosquitoes sohe couldn't work on it, to being gone to Hershey, then putting up the sun/screen room to have it done before it was too cold to work on it and then our worst winter in MANY years.

So cross your fingers that we will have enough spring weather with NO of those mosquitoes so that he can find the problem and we can go cruisin' with the top down. :cool:

Let it Snow, Let it Snow.............

Last Thursday was working outside here in Windsor, Ontario, Canada with my sweater on (about 50 degrees).

Yesterday and today fully dressed (cover hauls & boots) snow blowing customer driveways! Temps - 26 degrees.

Just received parts for the Buick. No heat in the garage. Oh my! What happened to that rodent`s prediction?

post-36036-143138460208_thumb.jpg

Let it Snow, Let it Snow.............

Last Thursday was working outside here in Windsor, Ontario, Canada with my sweater on (about 50 degrees).

Yesterday and today fully dressed (cover hauls & boots) snow blowing customer driveways! Temps - 26 degrees.

Just received parts for the Buick. No heat in the garage. Oh my! What happened to that rodent`s prediction?

Daahooooo, Lousy wood chuck. I wonder if they have sobered up yet after that party in Punxsutawney PA.? Maybe that is how they survive the last weeks of winter. Avoid Hangovers, Stay Drunk! ;)

6F. Yesterday, 10F. this morning. 4 degree increase per day.... At this rate we will be back at 50F. In ten or 11 days. :P Dandy Dave!

Guest windjamer

:DRub it in Marty, 10 below here this morning,supposed to hit forty tomorow,back to rain and sleet Fri. Pay backs are he** ,I hope it hits a hundred in your drive and your a/c runs out of r12 or 34:D

:DRub it in Marty, 10 below here this morning,supposed to hit forty tomorow,back to rain and sleet Fri. Pay backs are he** ,I hope it hits a hundred in your drive and your a/c runs out of r12 or 34:D

Never fear wj, it will be so hot and steamy :eek: this summer where he is that he will BEG to come visit you where you are. :D

Susan is right !

Long before summer hits- our heat and humidity will be such, that when you leave the house - before you get to the car, you want to go back for another shower--

Solution - walk out for the paper, turn car A/C on high - read the Obituaries - us car-guys and gals are not getting any younger - if your name is not listed, get in the now-cool car and go about your business.

Down here , a PRIME parking space is not necessarily near your destination; it is one in the SHADE,

And YES - we will gladly come and visit you in hurricane season as well

All kidding aside, we love living in New Orleans - (I'm originally from New Jersey) - great food, Great People, Great Music -- we'll deal with the humid summers to benefit from the delightful winters - never again to have to be concerned with heart attack inducing driveways filled with 14 inches of SNOW.

When I really want to play in snow, I'll fly to it and ski in it and play in it, and then I'll fly back home and not SHOVEL it. I'll drive my old cars in the wintertime without getting salt on them, and worry more about sunburn on my thinning scalp, than about frostbite.

NOT trying to rub it in --- just hoping y'all will choose to visit us here when we finally get to host a National or Divisional Event

Best Regards to all of the AACA FAMILY

Started snowing here this morning just as I was leaving for work. Guess we've had about 8"-9" of the stuff. It was still snowing some an hour ago, but has since stopped. Lots of clean up tomorrow before more snow on Sunday (2"-4") and then a mix of rain and snow on Monday. Of course, we were supposed to get some rain and sleet today but it didn't happen.

We hope to retire next year so one more winter to go. I inherited my uncle's mobile home in Florida and I fully intend to take advantage of it. Besides, if heating oil hits $5 a gallon, we'll have to go to Florida whether my wife wants to or not! Won't be able to afford the $$ for heat.

MARDI GRAS is in full swing.

For the next eleven days, through FAT TUESDAY, nothing but sunshine, Parades, Smiles, Beads and Dubloons, Frisbees, Cups, Bands, Floats -- Several parades each day in at least 8 different areas, and that doesn't even include going out into the country for Cajun Mardi Gras - a whole 'nother story.

Mostly sunny, highs in the 70s - lows in the 60s - Family Gras out here in Jefferson Parish with big-name acts.

I'll spend tomorrow laying out our April AACA St Bernard Chapter Garage Tour - a Progressive Meal starting from Chalmette, LA with a 65 mile drive around East and North portions of Lake Pontchartrain on our way to a member's farm in Folsom, LA for an outstanding breakfast. These folks did our breakfast last year and the results were incredible - nobody wanted to leave. Various portions of the meals will take us through the varied northshore communities, with soup, salad, main course, veggies, and ultimately dessert in Covington, LA before returning to our homes. Total, about 155 miles of fun, food, and sunshine, while driving our old cars on the backroads and byways of St Bernard, Orleans, St. Tammany(, and maybe Tangipahoa) Parishes of Southeast Louisiana.

Sunday I'll lay out our March Tour activity - a drive essentially following the Great River Road, driving upriver from New Orleans to Convent, LA to a really wonderful restaurant we've been enjoying since the 1970s. After a lunch which can include Shrimp, Oysters, Crawfish, Alligator, hushpuppies, Fresh Seafood of all types, as well as more typical fare, we will have an optional visit to Houmas House Plantation, one of the more interesting homes open to the public .

This drive and meal are being coordinated for 2 AACA chapters as well as the local Horseless Carriage Club and the British Car Club.

You tend to measure the success of our tours based upon pounds gained.

Edited by Marty Roth
typo (see edit history)

Spent the day in Boston yesterday, with my son, doing another college visit, and it *rained like heck* the whole time. Must've done the same down here in Southern CT, because a nearby waterfall is positively roaring this morning, and I *think* I can see a *bit* of reduction in the still-considerable snowpiles. I have to think that we are in the homestretch of this particularly crummy winter...

We had about 4 inches of wet snow yesterday morning, which turned to rain for a good part of the day, and then back to cold and about an inch of snow last night just before it stopped. You would think the rain would have melted it, but the snow just seemed to hold the water like a spunge.

And out of the Great North East, the Buick Snowmaster Super Shovel rides again to clear the way of the evilist kind of snow and slop know to man. For the plight of justice and liberty for all who venture out and traverse the Snow Masters domain. (Least ye fall into a ditch and stick there.) ;) Dandy Dave!

I thought San Diego was supposed to have the best weather in the country -- wha' hoppen?

John, come visit here - drive an old car - eat - then tell your friends how good we have it.

I have a cousin in San Diego and have always intended to visit some day. He grew up in NH and has been in California since 1961 except for a short stint in Connecticut in the 70's. Anyway, when we talk about the weather and all of our snow, he tells me that's the reason he's in California.

My dream retirement trip is to drive to Alaska, visit cousins in Fairbanks and Anchorage, then drive down through BC, Washington and Oregon to San Diego and back across the US.

NOW the San Diego sun is shining as it usually is! Yea!! I got to see Idrjoe_sandiego while here and rode in his 1929 Dodge Brothers phaeton. We could see the beautiful snow covered mountains to the northeast. Wish I had a way to get to New Orleans. Let it snow!

To recap, we had 8" of snow Friday which I ended up clearing Saturday. Then we had another 2" overnight Saturday, so had to clear that Sunday. Then it started snowing this morning about 7:00 and snowed hard until 1:00 when it changed to rain. Another 5" or so; worked on cleaning that up after work. Still have more to do. So, we have cleared snow 3 days in a row. The only good thing about today's storm was that it warmed up enough so it didn't freeze and the rain didn't last long. Pretty well over by 4:00 this after noon.

THE PEEPERS ARE OUT AND PEEPING!!! :) I took my dog out after feeding her and there they were, peeping away.

Spring really is right around the corner here. :):):):)

Thanks for the update, Susan.

That gives me hope that I can start looking at vehicles 25 years old and older soon...

I am so sick of moving snow around. After snow last Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I had to go out tonight and cut down the snow banks at the end of my driveway because I couldn't see to get out in the road. Had to knock them down with a shovel, then used the snowblower to blow the snow further up the banking.

Needed a second helping of SPF-35 today.

Drove the '70 Caddy convertible - TOP DOWN, of course,

found my old snowshovel today - just held it and laughed my fool head off - remembered why we live in New Orleans.

Went out to a local seafood place - met a Troll from an hour south of Houghton Lake, Michigan -- he's here -- wonder why?

Mardi Gras should be warm and dry

post-54863-143138470045_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143138470047_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marty Roth
typo (see edit history)

While you're laughing at that shovel, Marty, my shovel is laughing at me. Although most of the snow's gone from around here now, it's daring me to put it away.A few years ago we had a killer snowstorm in early April and some major league opening games couldn't be played.

That was a case of March coming in like a lion and going out like a lion. I remember going to the Charlotte show in the snow.

While you're laughing at that shovel, Marty, my shovel is laughing at me.

My Buick Snowmaster Super Shovel just laughs at the snow, and smiles at me. I think you need to trade that "laughing at you" shovel in. :D Dandy Dave!

Dandy Dave,

How many months out of the year do you actually get to drive your early cars, like the '15 C-37 (I love that car). When I lived in Linden, NJ, we typically put away our old cars by Thanksgiving and didn't take them out again until after Easter, generally lost a good 5 months.

Guest Joe Kieliszek

suburban12snowblower002.jpg

Hello,

I ran the tractor down the neighbor's driveway (in creeper gear), hopped off

and got this photo last week. The snow melted the next day with the heavy

rains overnight...

I rebuilt the auger of the blower attachment to include carbide pin inserts for

wear prevention and a stainless steel scraper blade..

Thanks,

Joe:)

Supposed to be raining all day today here in South-Central CT, but haven't seen it so far this morning (just generally gray outside).

Mild temps the past couple of weeks continue to do a great job of keeping the ground squishy and muddy as the snow melts--though there's still a lot of it on the ground around here.

At least the roofs are clear once again...