Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow....

Dandy Dave

It was in the low 60's here Wednesday and Thursday, mid-50's but windy yesterday. Today it was sunny but around 45. A lot of our snow has disappeared this week, but still have about a foot on the ground.

And when you're old, there isn't much else to talk about except cars and weather.

Remember, only 200 days or so to Hershey.

Guest Skyking

And when you're old, there isn't much else to talk about except cars and weather.

Two things that go together is old cars & weather. Bad weather, no old cars.;)

80 Daytime - 60 overnight and crystal clear skies

Saturday Night in SE Louisiana - Drove the 1954 Caddy convertible to our Monthly Cruise Night for St. Bernard Chapter of Louisiana Region AACA - top down, of course - Full Moon, lots of friends, great burgers and Barq's root beer, our chapter president, Johnnie Waguespack is a fantastic DJ with an amazing collection of '50s and '60s tunes - plenty of dancin' right there in the parking lot.

Next weekend on Sunday four clubs will do a tour up the River Road to Hymel's Restaurant in Convent, LA for a fantastic seafood lunch, and then a visit to Houmas House Plantation and Gardens in Burnside,LA. Folks will be driving in from 130 miles away in Lafayette, LA, and over from Mississippi to join us for this one - hope the weather stays great.

The big Caddy is driving "just like a Cadillac", and is ready for Founders Tour next month.

post-54863-14313848546_thumb.jpg

Guest Skyking

Marty, that's a great looking Caddy! My son is in the process of restoring a 54 Eldo for a customer. Beautiful cars..........

80 Daytime - 60 overnight and crystal clear skies

Saturday Night in SE Louisiana - Drove the 1954 Caddy convertible to our Monthly Cruise Night for St. Bernard Chapter of Louisiana Region AACA - top down, of course - Full Moon, lots of friends, great burgers and Barq's root beer, our chapter president, Johnnie Waguespack is a fantastic DJ with an amazing collection of '50s and '60s tunes - plenty of dancin' right there in the parking lot.

Next weekend on Sunday four clubs will do a tour up the River Road to Hymel's Restaurant in Convent, LA for a fantastic seafood lunch, and then a visit to Houmas House Plantation and Gardens in Burnside,LA. Folks will be driving in from 130 miles away in Lafayette, LA, and over from Mississippi to join us for this one - hope the weather stays great.

The big Caddy is driving "just like a Cadillac", and is ready for Founders Tour next month.

I think we read about all this already in another thread?

I looked out the winder this mornin -n-........ :( At least i don't have any power and phone poles in my yard any more. Everything from their pole up to the house is now underground. Also, I upgraded to a 200 amp service. I may need to upgrade the heating system in this place to an alternative heating system the way oil is going. Dandy Dave!

post-44142-143138486705_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138486725_thumb.jpg

Guest FordOldPart
Happy birthday to me!
Yes!! Happy Birthday to you!! I think we got 3 - 5" of snow here in southern New Hampshire. This past weekend I removed the driveway stakes. I refuse to get out the snowblower! :)

It must be spring everywhere but the Northeast. We woke up at 15 this morning (Sat) in the Finger Lakes with snow still on the ground from Thursday. Not much but still white!! We're going all the way to 27 today, YIPPEE!!!!!

We may visit Marty & Dale yet........ just leave the light on.......

We were at 84 today (Saturday) after dropping down to 68 degrees overnight.

Drove the 1954 caddy convertible to help a friend mount new tires for his Corvette. This was a shake-down with the new battery, and all is well. The caddy had the wrong battery (a group 51) and I was able to find that Tractor Supply Company carries the Exide Brand F-3EE 12 volt (long and narrow), but also carries the F-3ET which is the same length and width, but slightly taller, and 25% more CA and CCA - both were listed at $89.99.

Sunday 3/27/11 we have more than 44 people signed-up for a 120 mile round-trip to Hymel's Restaurant in Convent, Louisiana, and continuing on to the Houmas House Plantation and Gardens. Weather should be perfect until after all have returned to their homes.

Bill, you and Linda are always welcome here, and we will usually have something interesting for you to drive. You will be surprised to see how much Nathan has grown since the shot of him in your rumble seat.

Just took the dog out, it is snowing little round wads of flakes. :( Can't wait to see what we wake up to.

After the winter we had, then days and days of rain and high winds poor Woodstock's new jammies we bought for him now have rips where the mirrors are and in a few other places. It was warrantied for seven years. Guess it will be going back. :o

Come on spring, please come back for real. :)

Guest dokks6t9
It must be spring everywhere but the Northeast. We woke up at 15 this morning (Sat) in the Finger Lakes with snow still on the ground from Thursday. Not much but still white!! We're going all the way to 27 today, YIPPEE!!!!!

We may visit Marty & Dale yet........ just leave the light on.......

Where abouts in the Finger Lakes? I'm up in Wayne County.

Nothin but Cold Here the last few days also. It is only 28F here right now. We are suppose to go down to 15F overnight. :(.... High of 40 tomorrow looks promising. Dandy Dave!

It went below freezing here so the blooms on the tulip magnolia got zapped. But at least we got the see the tree in full bloom this year. More years than not in our twenty-eight years of living here it has not even made it out of the bud stage. :( It got up to fifty today and Bill mowed and trimmed our yard for the first time this year. :)

It is supposed to get warmer each day here this week. Hopefully with the yard done for a week or two Bill can finally take the cover off of Woodstock to see if he can figure out why it still doesn't run correctly despite the new wiring harness last year. He thinks it might be because he made some adjustments before the wiring harness was changed and they now might be REALLY wrong. :eek:

Poor Woodstock sat in the lower driveway pretty much all of last year. The weather got nasty here early and we had a covering of snow just the other morning.

post-36313-143138497177_thumb.jpg

Heavy snow forecast for Friday in the northeast - Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Mass. Let's hope it's an April fool's joke - although I fear not.

And things were just getting a little dried out here. Calling For 6 inches to a foot. Bbbbaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Humbug! :mad: Dandy Dave!

Tis the Season?....

Guest Jim_Edwards
And things were just getting a little dried out here. Calling For 6 inches to a foot. Bbbbaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Humbug! :mad: Dandy Dave!

Tis the Season?....

You guys really need to head to Pennsylvania and kill that damn Ground Hog...:D

Nice sunny 45 degrees here in South Central Texas this morning, probably get up to high 70s before the day is over. The Bluebonnets, Indian Paint brush, and Primrose are blooming along with other assorted wild flowers. A trip down our drive and the roads into town have a profusion of colors. But alas, next week it will be summer with temps forecast to reach into the high 80's.......Bummer!

Bill just came back into the house from the sun porch. His comment was, "Have you seen that is is snowing?" :rolleyes: Heaven help us it is snowing. :eek:

Poor Woodstock is NEVER gonna' get out of his jammies at this rate. :o

Our luck it will snow at Charlotte the way things are going. :confused: :D

FINALLY! Spring is here. 73 degrees and work in my garage has begun. Cleared out around the '31 so I can replace the clutch. I love the sun. Let it snow.....somewhere else!

post-37352-143138498539_thumb.jpg

Bill just came back into the house from the sun porch. His comment was, "Have you seen that is is snowing?" :rolleyes: Heaven help us it is snowing. :eek:

Poor Woodstock is NEVER gonna' get out of his jammies at this rate. :o

Our luck it will snow at Charlotte the way things are going. :confused: :D

Tis Still the Season.

This pretty much sums it up from where I'm standing. :PDandy Dave!

Not an April fool's joke - we're in the 8"-12" range, maybe more. High wind plus heavy, wet snow. Yuck. Oh well, into the mid 40's on Saturday and sun until Tuesday, so it'll melt pretty quickly. Just the idea of it.....

Tuesday, April 5th, we're 6 months from opening day at Hershey!

Dear Mr. Weather Man. Liar Liar, Pants on Fire.... :P

Not the 12 to 16 we were said to get yesterday. We have been reduced to, 2 to 4 inches, which does not hurt my feelings any. :)

It is melting on the driveway as it hits. :D The Buick Snowmaster can rest for another day. :cool: Dandy Dave!

post-44142-143138498878_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138499146_thumb.jpg

We "officially" had 10" on Friday but I think it was closer to 6". No matter, a good part of it melted yesterday and it is 50° today so hopefully it won't last long. Still can just barely see the top of our picnic table out in the back yard, though, so still have a way to go. I'll probably have snow in my yard until May.

It just melted away here, so I never even had to push any. :D did it also Melt away there Larry? It was in the 50's yesterday and things have dried out well. Rain and slop in the forecast this week. Better -n- Snow and Ice. Dandy Dave!

The day before yesterday... Top down on the skyliner and 85 deg.

Yesterday... snowing big fluffy flakes and 34 deg.

We are still only at 21" of snow this season while our avg is 51.5".

So please let it snow let it snow LET IT SNOW!!!

:eek:..... :P. John, You can have all of it....:)

Everybody sent your snow to John!.. :D Dandy Dave!

:eek:..... :P. John, You can have all of it....:)

Everybody sent your snow to John!.. :D Dandy Dave!

Please do! We have a wildfire close by that is at over 5000 acres, 15 homes lost so far. It went from 100 acres to 4000 overnight! It's that dry. 6% humidity they other day.

We NEED the moisture for our water and to help keep the fires at a minimum. At this rate, I'll be glad that my boat has wheels for the dry lakes. ;)

I've been wondering.... Is it finnally over, is the Snow all done! I really don't know, I really can't say, if the White gobbly goop is gone to stay. The grass is getting green. The flowers are starting to look keen. I believe it is finally time for the snow to be weened from this panoramic scene.

It is suppose to be in the 70's here tommorow. :) Waaa hooooo. :D Dandy Dave!