LOOK WHO'S COMING TO BREAKFAST in Ames

MrEarl

The official Who's Coming to Breakfast in Ames Thread

OK we need a head count. Bill has established that the BCAFers Breakfast will be Saturday morning at 7:00 at the restaurant in the Gateway, the host hotel. Be there promptly at 7:00 because Bill and Rick and possibly others will have to leave at 7:30 to attend the "Volunteer Meeting".

As The Old Guy has already reported, last years BCAFers Breakfast was the high point of the show. So I can assure you, YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS ONE. (and I am working on a special treat, but no guarantees)

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Guest sintid58

I will be there for sure but don't think that she who must be obeyed will. She likes to sleep in, when on vacation.

I would like to come to the breakfast, but a 9 hour drive for breakfast is a little much.

Fresh Iowa ham, scrambled eggs.....$5.95

Milk or Juice.................................$1.09

Meeting and watching all the BCAFer's chow down and Mike upchucking it all after Friday nights party................PRICELESS

Come on up Joe. Just think, if you don't make this one you won't be able to say you've been to ALL the BCA Nationals since the first. Saying "I've been to all but one BCA Nationals" well, just don't sound right...:(

Fresh Iowa ham, scrambled eggs.....$5.95

Milk or Juice.................................$1.09

Meeting and watching all the BCAFer's chow down and Mike upchucking it all after Friday nights party................PRICELESS

Come on up Joe. Just think, if you don't make this one you won't be able to say you've been to ALL the BCA Nationals since the first. Saying "I've been to all but one BCA Nationals" well, just don't sound right...:(

And today is the last day to get a (postmarked) registration mailed...

Anyhow count one more for the forum breakfast (me).

Willie

Count my friend and new BCA member Larry Johnson and I in! We were both there last year and had a blast!

Just a short history lesson and word of caution for those that partake of a nip or two now and then. When I was a student at Iowa State in the early 60's, Campus Town (more affectionately known by the students as Dog Town) was as DRY as a bone. Had to go to down town Ames for a beer and if you wanted a bit of the hard stuff you had to go to a STATE LIQUOR STORE. Naturally, there were none in Ames! You had to go to either Boone or Nevada. I hope that the Ames Women's Temperance Union has lost some of its presence since those GOOD OLD DAYS!!!!!!!

Guest wildcat465

I would like to join in, but I probably need to make sure I have permission from you guys. Not from Derek though, he, for some reason, gives me the impression that he likes me.

We're gonna need a bigger room. Make sure they have lots of food ready.

You may be right, Roy. So far I'm counting 19 BCAFer's plus some spoke of friends and significant others so I think we should count on at least 26. Since some will have to leave at 7:30 I suggest we all try to arrive at no later than 6:45 so it can officially start at 7:00.

So here is a LAST CALL YOU ALL!!! :)