Post some pics of your Rivieras!!!!!!!!!!

bb1970

The previous owner of my 64 watched his car go through final assembly. (Special order car)  That would be one way to know the specific date.  Otherwise, yes, just the week, but I imagine Buick archives would have put a date on the 11 millionth photo, seeing as though you would want to commemorate the event in detail.  Doesn't look like "The Suit" could even fit behind the steering wheel!  Just missing the big fat matching cigar!

4 hours ago, RivNut said:

How can you tell the day? All that’s on the FB data plate is the week and month.

The car came with a fair bit of documentation...the "Glove Box Copy" says that the date of production was 12/26. No idea if that's correct.

Glove Box Copy.jpg

On 8/28/2024 at 1:34 PM, Aaron65 said:

The car came with a fair bit of documentation...the "Glove Box Copy" says that the date of production was 12/26. No idea if that's correct.

Glove Box Copy.jpg

Wow, very nice doc...the glovebox card is every bit as good as a build sheet. Don't misplace it!

Tom Mooney

• Like 1

On 8/30/2024 at 9:40 AM, EmTee said:

I like the T-Type wheels.  They look great on your Riviera.

The center emblems are hard find. I made one that fit perfectly out of metal base. The prospective customer simply did not like that the R was not injection molding. I send a pic.

On 9/2/2024 at 9:52 PM, RivNut said:

Yours or one just like yours?  

It’s still mine. Unfortunately, I had to sell the silver ‘65 GS as an unfinished project. Kreed had it properly restored and got big money for his efforts.

IMG_5134.jpeg

• Like 5