Christmas Past

Guest windjamer

Didn't have a big christmas this year but Santa did bring me all the Hallmark ornaments to keep my transportaion series going. (My girlfriend asked what I was doing with a Ford pickup ornament. Told her it was part of the series and I'll just have to live with it.) Also got several Civil War books to add to my library. Most vaulable thing was the AACA Belt buckle!!!

I recieved a digital timing light from my 3 sons plus a few more items like a set of craftsman mini wrenches (in metric, and a nice craftsman fender protector as well as a magnetic bowl and set of LED flashlights. I am a very lucky guy to have such thoughtful kids.

I got lots of cookies and homemade candy. (I think the dentist must have had something to do with that.) Also got a nice PC table that'll roll to my easy chair, similar to a hospital table, since I spend so much time with you guys.

My oldest son gave me the second Garage Book in the series of Ultimate Garages. Really enjoying reading it, not as many expensive car collections as before. More like what some of us actually own. Of course the garages were starting at around $100,000 and going up, way up!! grin.gif

Oh, got a nice re-release of the Clint Eastwood "Fistful of Dollars" DVD. This one had pictures of the Spain country side where the original picture was made. Really neat to see the vacant country side after 40 plus years of the movie release. Clint was paid $15,000 dollars for his part of that movie. The price of an unrestored Falcon! eek.gif

Sorry Ford guys! grin.gif

Wayne

The most notable car item in my stocking this year was a powerful little LED flashlight no bigger than the car lighter socket it plugs into.

It will always be charged and I will always know where to find it when I need it...

I think I will get one for Mrs. Claus next year...

The wife and I quit exchanging gifts a couple of years ago. When we want something, we go buy it during the year.

Four weeks ago I took delivery of another fire truck, so being that my wife is of Italian Heritage, works at a gun factory and has PMS, her gift to me was SURVIVAL!!! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Chairing a national meet, and dealing with the phone calls, e-mails, meetings, etc. has put her through enough and I still haven't pudhed her far enough for her to have me exterminated either. shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

My dad got an NOS Plymouth Dealership neon sign. He likes the sign, but wasn't happy because he knows how much neon signs go for, and didn't like me spending that kind of money.

Well, if we're talking Christmas past, a few years ago, my honey and I didn't have much money (that has not changed) and she got me a GREAT gift. It is an old, used, 2 gallon "Superior War Chief" motor oil can. I LOVE IT!! I display it in our living room next to the original 1940s pedal car on the fireplace hearth. How many other wives would do something so odd, but so right?

My son was very generous this year and gave me a Makita 10.8V Lithium combo drill and driver set. The drill/screwdriver has plenty of power in a small package and the impact driver (also very small) is suppose to have the torque of an 18V unit (just doesn't last as long). I tested it out by driving a 2" long 1/4" lag bolt all the way into the edge of 2X6.

We then spent the next two days using them to put shelving units together he bought for his new shop. They worked great.

My wife said part of my gift was going with me to the AACA Museum on our way home from my son's place Sunday. Hadn't been for a few years and a lot has changed. Was fun seeing the Prewar Crosley in the gift shop.

My first surprise is that my wife and kids wanted our Xmas card to have the 1919 Dodge with them. Then for Christmas I got a DB blanket for the Dodge, a Dodge Service Sign from one son and a Cadillac Service sign from the other, Not to mention two car books and the 2009 'Abandoned Autos' calendar from Hemmings!

Spending Christmas Eve and Christmas day with my Mother, Brother, His wife and Children was my gift.

Watching my Nephew and Niece enjoy the holiday and open their gifts on Christmas was the best gift of all.

Have not decided on what Christmas gift I am getting myself this year.

Then again, I did spend more than a few $$$ on parts for my next restoration project in 2008.

I'm about "done" with Sears. Everything I get seems to break or not work. The last item was a shop light that was returned and replaced four times. Finally, I just returned it without replacing it. The cashier asked me if there was anything wrong with it. I rotated the box and showed him where it was made and said, "That's what is wrong with it." He didn't seem to care.

Guest windjamer

I also got a propane heater for my garage,Ill try it soon. West I also have a problem with Sears,but thats a whole nouther story not ment for this forum. As for shop lites I order the lites for our shop. The guys went through bulbs like they where free,I bought them by the case. Im talking small florescent bulbs. I found a 12 inch stuby bounce lite from a out of state co. and purchased six. The guys love them and I change maby 3 or 4 bulbs a year. The compleat lite with a 25ft. cord runs about $35. If you like pm me and Ill geve you the co. name and address.

• 4 weeks later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm about "done" with Sears. Everything I get seems to break or not work. The last item was a shop light that was returned and replaced four times. Finally, I just returned it without replacing it. The cashier asked me if there was anything wrong with it. I rotated the box and showed him where it was made and said, "That's what is wrong with it." He didn't seem to care</div></div> I won't even step into Sears let alone spend money. When I built my house, both of the appliances that I bought the same day, broke the same week four years later. The appliances that I bought elsewhere have worked for 13 years with limited problems.

My father broke a Craftsman wrench, went into Sears to get it replaced, and the clerk gave him a replacement wrench. My dad went back home, went back to work and ended up breaking the new wrench too. Needless to say when he took it back and the clerk wouldn't replace it because the wrench was a 'Sears' wrench instead of a 'Crafstman.'

......We're done with Sears too!!