New AACA IMAGE hats and T-shirts

Since we no longer have an AACA section on this forum I guess I'll have to post this here. I wore my new AACA hat this AM, got lots of favorable comments. Still not sure why the Boss hasn't put them in the new merchandise section yet. While you are sending a check for a new hat or T-shirt add an extra $50 or $100 to be added to the Brandt Pflueger fund. I hear Steve could go bald as early as Tuesday or Wednesday!! And the logo doesn't even resemble an Olds, so I like it.

Looks like somebody is past due visiting the optometrist. Check again in the upper left corner Dougy, it says AACA General Discussion. sleep.gif

So, it appears only <span style="font-style: italic">CERTAIN</span> people get these new hats and the others are left in the dark. Teacher's Pet, maybe??? whistle.gif

I guess missed something, but the AACA logo looks the same to me. Will someone please post the "new logo" here.

With AACA being formed in 1935, I suggest the car on the logo be a 1934 Ford, the newest old car at the time the club was formed. (one man's opinion)

Leave it to the Mayor of the Hershey area to drop me in the grease! We do have a new image that we are using for marketing the club. It is NOT a replacement of our official logo. I will write the entire story about it in the next issue of our magazine.

The new merchandise just came in and without Nearchoclate's help it may take a few days to get posted on our merchandise site!!

hat_coats.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nearchoclatetown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just trying to get the word out about the new logo hats. And rattle youknowHoo's cage! </div></div>

As a fellow L.S.S. member I'd like to commend you on a fine job Doug.

Now it's all clear as Chocolate. One of those baseball or bucket hats is new? Or is the visor for the ladies? How about a Panama style hat for the geezers who need to keep our noses and ears out of the sun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mika Jaakkola</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When are we going to have AACA -logo overalls?!!? grin.gif (and gloves of course!) </div></div>

What kinds of gloves are you referring to???

Do you mean work gloves, winter gloves or racing gloves???? wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: charlier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Do you mean work gloves, winter gloves or racing gloves???? wink.gif </div></div>

Racing gloves of course. I need them when racing downtown against rice burners with my 1938 Dodge truck!! They help to do fast shifting with the orig 3speed manual transmission!! crazy.gifgrin.gif

Doug, I think we need to send you to remedial reading school as this is not a new logo. Please READ above. Secondly I am proud of my contribution to the new image but in my editorial this month I give credit to our TEAM who did this. Raffi Minasian who came up with the concept, West, Tom Cox and myself all added some elements to the final design.

When you said you like it...well it is the first time you have liked anything! I may be a grouse but you are generally a grouch! So there... smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve Moskowitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">West you should know by now that Bob thinks anything built after WW I is junk! grin.gif He is an OLD car enthusiast....good thing to be but there is "room at the inn" for all of us! </div></div>

The three cars in your new logo would be be at home in a motel lot, what about adding the rest of that cars that AACA used to cater to. Why not start the silhoutte lineup with the Olds Pirate and a car from every decade to keep the Kiser Darrin, Mopar, and Mustang company?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve Moskowitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

When you said you like it...well it is the first time you have liked anything! </div></div>Steve, unlike some other local donut munchers, I like everything you've done so far. Oh yea, except raising the dues and ruining our license plates.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1937hd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Steve Moskowitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">West you should know by now that Bob thinks anything built after WW I is junk! grin.gif He is an OLD car enthusiast....good thing to be but there is "room at the inn" for all of us! </div></div>

Kiser Darrin, Mopar, and Mustang company? </div></div>'37, I'm seeing something from Pebble Beach, a 300 Chysler with a '64 galaxie roof, and a Challenger/Mustang/Cuda. BTW, '37, do you know when Pebble Beach is, should be soon?

This is turning into a Rorschach test! Pebble Beach was this past weekend, the Alfa that won the very first Watkins Glen race won Best in Show. The event was covered in the New York Times. For the newcommers in the hobby it is a car show on the West Coast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1937hd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what about adding the rest of the cars that AACA used to cater to. Why not start the silhoutte lineup with the Olds Pirate and a car from every decade to keep the Kiser Darrin, Mopar, and Mustang company? </div></div>

As a marketing image, we decided we needed to KISS, have it easily recognizable as automobiles, and also make it a clean design that would look great on T-shirts. Too busy, too detailed = no sales.

Kaiser Darrin?! They didn't make Kaiser Darrins in 1935, and when they did it wasn't a hardtop-coupe.

Ok Bob, and anyone else, a car club that spans the decades from 1895 to 1983 has a mighty tough time in developing an image that satisfies everyone. Most of you know my love is brass cars and early race cars but it is not about any of our personal preferences. AACA cannot live on one era alone! The new design was to be distinctive and tell the story we are a car club. Our logo is prestigious and to all of us that know it we realize it is the Duryea in the center. However, show the logo to almost any car guy and they will not know what it is or even if it is a car versus a buggy.

The art work on the hats is beautiful but those aren't antique cars.I guess I have been in the antique car hobby too long. There are many categories of collectable cars, it is hard for me to realize that you can take a car capable of 150 mph with power everything including air conditioning, and take it on an Antique car tour. This is why you don't see many of the earlier cars on tours. My first tour was the Glidden in 1953, my 1916 Peerless was the newest car on the tour, 1917 being the cut off. I am going back to the Glidden this year and my 1916 Peerless will be one of the older cars on tour. How tomes change.

Dragon,

The only reason there hasn't been an uprising of early cars again, is because the young folks haven't got around to buying them yet. They buy what they grew up with first, then explore the earlier cars.

I'll say it now, as long as I keep living, I'll have an early car to tour with. I keep hearing snippets of the good times that early tourers have, so I'm interested in it.

Steve, have the new logo articles at Cleveland and they will sell. Save one for me! wink.gif

Wayne

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W Burgess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dragon,

The only reason there hasn't been an uprising of early cars again, is because the young folks haven't got around to buying them yet. They buy what they grew up with first, then explore the earlier cars. </div></div> Wayne, not everyone is buying that line. I was ten years old in 1961 and learned real quick what an Antique car was, PRE 1916 and what a True CLASSIC was. I don't want any part of "cars I grew up with", if it was made in my lifetime it's a used car.

I will have to agree with Wayne that Most people like the cars of their youth. I, however, was born in 1960 and my car is a 1929 Model. I am still trying to find a brass car that I can afford to add to the collection. Apparently I was just born in the wrong decade.

Well Bob, that's the way it was for me. But, then everyone says I'm not wrapped too tight. eek.gif

My first antique car was a '55 Chevy (I know Bob, not old enough!), because I always loved seeing them, while I road around seeing them as a teenager. Now, I love everything I see. Good thing I'm not rich. I'm lucky to keep the ones I own now running. blush.gifsmile.gif

Wayne

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W Burgess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Steve, have the new logo articles at Cleveland and they will sell. Save one for me! wink.gif

Wayne </div></div>Bigrig in Cleveland?? That's pretty far north of the Mason-Dixon for you isn't it? No grits or hominy available. I guess we'd need a grouphug pic for proof. Are you passing through on your way to Denver?