All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Ford Australia imported these same Wheel Covers for our local 1973 Ford LTD. However, they painted the centre the same colour as the car. This local LTD replaced the imported 1972 Ford LTD 4 door Pillared Hardtops. No big Fords were available in Australia after the 1972 model.
  3. I agree with Rod P,Someone may have that door and have no idea what it's off of,so pictures of the one you have,inside and out,handle and workings if possible. Measurements are also important. Good luck.
  4. If I wasn't going to be moving in a few months I would grab them just to hang onto them in case someone needs them down the road. Would be a shame to send that stuff to the scrap yard.
  5. When I was at the Reynolds-Alberta Museum in 2007, a 1918 was near completion in their restoration bays. The engine was a symphony of polished brass, bronze, and aluminum. Here's a good shot of the engine compartment: https://www.google.com/search?q=1918+Winton+at+Reynolds-Alberta+Museum&rlz=1CAQRFK_enUS752US752&oq=1918+Winton+at+Reynolds-Alberta+Museum&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160l3.18873j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:5d09c830,vid:1VPLQZ4I5mc,st:0
  6. I think if you look more closely at the parts car guy's photo you will see the rod brace is on the engine side of the hangy-down bracket. Looks to be on the flat area of it and not in the u-shaped area of it. And....the bend in the rod brace is bending the wrong way. I think you need to flip the rod brace around and attach it to the side of the hangy-down bracket closest to the engine. Make sense? That will also square the bottom, black angle bracket that attaches to the steering column collar. Call me if you want me to explain what I mean. 541-five three five, one eight nine zero.
  7. How you going to break the bad news to him about the "quality" work he just had done?
  8. I looked through two hood ornament,mascot books tonight and couldn't see it. It may be from one of the more limited production big trucks.
  9. If you noticed the side roof rails are made up of pieces nailed with blocks in between the roof bows. Roof bows are all uneven heights. The side roof rail pieces aren’t even flush with the height of the metal in some places while others they’re too high. The rear roof upper rail is not under the nailing ovals in the sheet metal so there is no wood to nail the roof in. The outer edge of the drivers side roof rail is not wide enough to support the nail line for the roof edge and the installer hammered in the steel to fill the space left at the front of the roof header. What are your thoughts on this work?
  10. Type “Tom Telesco Muscle Connecticut” into you Google browser for Tom’s phone number. Or open this older link from this forum.
  11. If someone bought it all or even most of it, they would get an even better price !! I only bought it for the Wire Wheels & I hate junking any early parts ... but the clock is ticking & China is getting closer & closer ....
  12. I had speaking with a customer with a 31 caddy who mentioned he also had a 30 Nash. He wanted to send me the Caddy and told me the Nash was out in Ohio where the body wood was being replaced by a guy considered one of the best. The guy ended up finishing the wood work so the owner called ad said he wanted to send me the Nash first. We discussed that the car would be a driver restoration and the owner mentioned some specific issues the car had because of a previous owner’s decision to cut out the rear of the car but I told him I was willing to look at the car and attempt to get it back together. The car arrived this past weekend end and I got a better look at the car. While I knew of the metal work issues i was assured the wood was expertly replaced to the tune of thousands by “one of the best in the business “! After looking at the car i called the owner to discuss. Have a look at the pictures and post what you think.
  13. The land behind these homes is where they built the engines for the B29 Superfortress , and after the war Tucker used the factory to build his cars. This is on the southwest side of Chicago. Some of the buildings still exist and a portion of the property is currently a shopping mall.
  14. That's the same one from this thread. Look at the rust pattern.
  15. In "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result". Einstein.
  16. Today
  17. My manifold has a crack and I need a good one for my 35 40 series.Thanks.
  18. I know how to get in touch with Tom Telesco. He screens his calls. This is a circuitous route for you get info you want. Send your phone number to my email bobburnopp@icloud.com. Ill pass your number to Tom. Tom will call you and give you info you can use. Bob Burnopp
  19. I love my NYer and if it “evaporated” I would be on this one in a heartbeat. I have nearly that $$$ in mine including full sorting and new radials. I use it almost daily.
  20. It's about 3" long. I'll start it up and hear how it sounds.
  21. NO thank you , Man you must of had your hands full one show is probably tough ,but 2 shows WOW . I had the best time. I did not realize how lucky it was to have 2 show in one spot, But not only that but 2 shows with perfect weather , I cant wait till the next show In Upstate NY in June . See all you folks there
  22. It's for a 35 Buick 40 series 233 engine exhaust manifold.Thanks.
  23. I'm just a collector of early unusual plugs, but I do have a box full of misc ACs I'll take a look but it'll take me a few days until I have a chance. Terry
  1. Load more activity