All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. We don't want to end up with the old saying "Fix it till it's broke".
  3. That was our exact experience on the Green field, not far from the Hyman bus. Good traffic, then around 4 pm on Firday it was like someone threw a switch and everyone disappeared...….
  4. Well, he never said it was porcelain. I know nothing about signs, but I have a gut feeling about certain things, when you look at them they look right or they don't. I don't think this is an old sign. Might be over 30 years old, but it would need to be 70 years old to be original, and it just doesn't have the right look to it. Just my opinion....a personal inspection would be well advised if someone were considering putting down real money on it. Large dealership signs can go for 4000, 5000, or more, depending on marque and condition.
  5. Nice Plymouth--looks like it has fully tinted glass, too! Pete Phillips Leonard, TX
  6. Here is a list of the 1946 cars and people that attended the first Revival Glidden Tour. As we put together the 75th anniversary of the tour it would be fantastic to find some of these people and cars to maybe join the celebration. Does anyone know the whereabouts of any of the cars, owners or drivers today. I know the Grundy Agency has the actual car no.6 1909 Pierce Arrow in their lobby per their website. Some of the names are well known in the hobby from that era into the '70's. Any other leads would be appreciated. 1946 list- I think the whole list is brass cars! 1949 list- cars were a bit newer Thank you for any info, Bill
  7. I would look to Chrysler Imperial or Studebaker. From say 55-65. Maybe even very late Packard when it Merged with Stude.
  8. The spacing doesn't lend itself to say Oldsmobile. Also looks like a curve to the back edge and by what look like two chips, Porcelain so it would be near impossible to cut down without a little damage to teat right hand edge. Pretty neat regardless but I don't think it's cut.
  9. It's actually pretty good for Oldsmobile stuff. Not so much the others. That's why I bought probably over 15,000 in parts book when I was doing parts now collecting dust on the shelves. Thankfully got out of that as way too much time chasing daed end numbers.
  10. WOW ! That is a WONDERFUL old movie. Thank you, Morgan for linking us to it ! As an old long distance 4-WD adventurer, I particularly enjoyed the technique and rigging necessary for warping with hub capstans. Those are some incredibly tough young guys tailing on. Well-done using snatch blocks as they did. I am sure I never saw how that was done before. I doubt that was the first time that gang ever snubbed off a load. GREAT stuff !!!! Thanks again ! - CC
  11. As my late father used to say, “There are far more horses’ asses than there are horses”. This elitist jerk got what he deserved.
  12. The GMpartswiki site is good for Chevy, not so much for early B-O-P and Cadillac.
  13. Group is 2.822, and it is a Horn Contact Plate for 1941-1942 Pontiac with flexible steering wheel.
  14. Interesting discussion. Whoever worked on my car before I owned it disconnected the vacuum switch. They installed a starting push button and a disconnect switch which I always had to turn on before starting. There is supposed to be a redundant system that prevents the car from cranking after it starts even if the vacuum switch hangs up. I don’t recall the details. I have a new carb installed with a functioning vacuum switch so I want to try out the original system. A couple of my friends who have the same system run a starting button to the vacuum switch just in case it gets stuck open. I may do that also. Thanks for the comments.
  15. BulldogDriver - Good opinion, but I like your Bulldog better. I have had them for over 60 years and the only reason I like them is because it is the only dog that I am smarter than.
  16. Had one for 25 years parted with it last year ☹️ loved it but it needed a new home.
  17. It looks very much like a Wisconsin but I thought they were all T head motors. I swear a Wisconsin intake would fit that motor.
  18. Watch the way they tighten lug nuts on a NASA car car pit stop. That is not the way I was tough. I have always been told to cross tighten. (This is off subject but I can not get an expiation. How do I get the thumbs up to come back on the lower right corner of my postings?)
  19. why is a towing company running a federal auction ?
  20. Steve. I will try to get a close up of the sign but it may take some time as the owner is out of state for the next 5 weeks. Thanks for your input.
  21. John

MoPar Lens Lot

I will take them if still available. Shipping to 18062 in PA. Let me know about payment. John
  22. Show the guy what 8500 just bought and offer him 4. It might give him a dose of reality. It is a 50's four door sedan. OK, I found this local for 1700 and am working out some over heating issues but it runs tops with a new radiator, brakes, water pump and carb. YES, 1700 for an original car. Rock bruised, a bunch of dings, some bubbling of the paint over the wheel wells. Just your basic 4 door 1953 Plymouth that runs, drives and stops and which now runs fine at 170 with no thermo installed. Will need 200 in tires and a little coolant area work to complete but ? These are out there. (Yes, I removed the J C Whitney gravel flaps)
  23. It has been some years ago now that a guy from from somewhere in South America drove his late 20's Graham from his home in South America to my fair city in Eastern US. By the time he got here the spokes in a couple of wheels were loose where the spokes went through the metal felloe. I had been using a product called Kwik Poly for years to rebuild rotten wood so we took the wheel off, mixed up the Kwik Poly and poured it in the top of the spoke. We didn't know if it work or not but he drove the car to Alaska and then back to South America without any trouble with those wheels. Kwik Poly is no longer being produced as far as I know but I believe XP 2000 may be the same product by a different name. Obviously I'm not saying it would work in your situation. I offer no guarantee.
  1. Load more activity