All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. As can be seen in one of the photos above, the gas filler is located on the rear deck. It has a 3" diameter cover that is hinged and a flip lever to lock it down. One of my car buddies is trying to arrange to get one machined, so I drew the pieces in CAD and 3D printed them out. I'm glad I did that because I found a few issues. It's easy to update the drawings and reprint the pieces. We'll probably do this in brass on some CNC equipment, but it may also be possible to investment cast them in silicon bronze. They'll be polished and chromed. An R clip (hairpin) is used as a positive lock in addition to the over-center cam lever. It will have a Viton gasket for sealing. Here is the prototype assembly in white PLA plastic.
  3. Mark, you can get a number within hours BUT this does not guarantee that you will be selected. Not my call. If you want to re-up call Karen at 717-534-1910 and tell her you need your number right away. Jeff, no this is not a part of any TV show. This is a legitimate offer from folks with advanced technology that want to see how the parts industry will react to the quality and use of their product. Initial results have been astounding in quality and price I am told. Keiser, the email is AACA's. We are gathering the data for them. parts@aaca.org not .com Works for others!
  4. Glen I found a cam sprocket marked 120006 but I can not find a "45" mark on it. I also found a N.O.S. whitney chain. I have not found the accessory sprocket yet and I am still going through the totes to find these.
  5. Hopefully this is not viewed as highjacking, but I'm noticing another area of "could have ordered" but was very uncommon - premium level full size cars of the sixties-early seventies in bright red with aftermarket wheels. Cadillacs, Electras, big Chryslers and Mercs. These cars were not typically decked out like fire engines but I am seeing it commonly now. And they had resonators, not Flowmasters. Sounding like a cranky old fart, perhaps
  6. Mine are Coker biased 7.10's so the aspect ratio gives a more original stance and the wheel wells have a good proportion.
  7. I have checked with clock suppliers and the gauge guys that I know here in the U.S. and have come up empty. These pointers are bushed and counter weighted.
  8. It still goes on today: https://www.editorchoice.com/celebrities-cars/2/?ut=ua098 Craig
  9. I have owned my 48 new yorker in the uk for 11 years ,15mpg sounds about right ,but the loss of power is wrong i think as is the oil consumption ,maybe timing and switching to straight 30 will help ,am very envious of your trip to come!
  10. Tried sending an addition photo of distributor but not allowed me to send.
  11. We may at some point have to take you up on your offer. Thanks in advance David.
  12. Paul, Dale, James, thanks, you all have good idea's, that got me thinking. Perhaps what James stated that it wasn't until he started his engine is when his distributor dropped. Well maybe (and from how my distributor stops dropping short of seating ) the distributor gear and the cam gear just aren't lined up correctly. I'm not going to start the engine, but I will slowing hand crank the engine and give the two gears a chance to mesh correctly. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Dale attached are the photos you requested. Thanks, Jakes photo 1 - oil pump shaft photo2 - tape on top of oil pump shaft -3" photo 3- tape in slot of oil pump - 3-1/2"
  13. I assume this offer is part of a projected reality show? Sounds interesting if it is.
  14. My `41 has the same small type serial number tag, located on the drivers side of the firewall. This same number is stamped on top of the drivers side frame rail..
  15. Just throw a spare in the trunk, I’m sure by now you could swap one out before Haggerty arrives. Sorry to see you having such difficulties, got to be frustrating
  16. Not many people do Kestrel. I use to try and keep that thread updated but just never saw it get very many hits. Glad to see someone finally got some good from it.
  17. Today
  18. If someone who hasn’t been a member in years were to join the club now, how long before he gets his new membership number?
  19. Appreciate the link. I never thought to look under that heading..
  20. im going to the Indigo car show, and the may 5th one at flowerfield in the morning,,, but instead of the june 23rd at flowerfield i will be at the Pindar winery car show,, at 37645 main road, ( RTE 25 ) Peconic N.Y.
  21. Repopping these has been being talked about for decades, in fact me and some buds were talking about them while hanging out in BGJYN a couple weeks ago. thanks for sharing the news @Budd Will be interesting to see the price. I sold a a pretty decent set many years ago for like $45 to a guy in AU. Yea I know, that was before I knew what they sell for, which is typically around $100 each? Good to hear from you Budd, how is your ‘56 doing?
  22. Fantastic, Joseph . Please do the Bugle article. Ben
  23. Matt Harwood--Your 1941 Century blog was a great help to me when I was getting my own 1941 Super back on the road about 12 years ago. So a belated thanks for that. My 1938 Limited was a show car back in the early 80's when it was restored. I think it won best of show at the 1983 BCA meet long before my ownership. It still looks nice but the restoration shows its age as it has put on some miles since then and the lacquer has failed in spots . I have had it for ten years now and while I prefer to keep it stock when possible, my main goal here is to make sure it stops when I want it to. The brake system is clearly not stock, so I am going to try and find the best solution I can. I think you are on to something about not going back to the stock route. Dave--looks like we live close by each other, I am sure I have seen your 1940 Buick at the All GM show at Montgomery College. Been a while since I have shown a car there. MCHinson--Thanks so much for the pictures. That helps solves a lot of the mystery. I think the Limited must be a little different given where the floor access hole is from the top but the stock cylinder must still connect to the transmission somehow, which explains the need for the rubber hose. The non-stock brake system on my car is routed completely different as my master cylinder was attached to the frame with a bracket, so they also went with a metal line instead of a hose. I must be missing more pieces as I don't see anyway to make the stock master cylinder would work without some kind of bracket that attaches to the transmission. Even with a bracket I don't see how it would reach my brake pedal and be under the floor access hole. My brake line junction box is also quite different. So it looks like my best option right now is to either sleeve the cylinder I have on hand since I know that works with my configuration or to find another cylinder that is compatible per Matt's suggestion. I will start another thread to see if anybody knows the original application for a Wagner Lockheed FD-4862 cylinder. It is the same size as the stock Delco cylinder, but the mirror opposite. I googled it but found no info about it. Thank you again to everybody for your input! Lars
  24. Do you have a fuel regulator incorporated into the system and know the flow rate of the pump ? I had this same issue on my 40 Ford when I installed an electric pump to do away with vapor lock. I just had to decrease the pressure a 1/2 pound.
  25. Yes. 4.51.3is damned hard in one's head. In my first life, before calculators, I would have done it with reference to Chamber's seven figure log tables, or maybe on my slide rule.
  26. Last one is rubber mat with a piece in the middle that has been torn out. Well worn, in other words. Photo can be magnified quite a lot.
  1. Load more activity