All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. My driver's side is a remote mirror and is about 1.375 from the door edge and right inline with the A pillar. You can see the viewing is through to vent window. Not a lot of viewing room, but it all work fine. Art
  3. I could have spent three hours there and re-assigned all the parts back to the cars, correctly identified them, and ... - that is how you get the job done. There is also a thing called marketing (all be it the auction company did do a nice job with photography). And, probably same year cars needed grouped together as hate to say it, though you need a parts car for the parts car (there are people that take on serious projects, but they get more few by the day and thus the chance of any one car here getting really done is slim). I recall the Karl Kleve auction and it was shame that a dissembled L-29 Cord Convertible Sedan and a dissembled Minerva Convertible Sedan got mixed all into different lots and basically just became parts matched to V-16 Cadillac stuff all separated from the car it belonged too and ...., all be it the Duesenberg people did a nice job separating out stuff. I get it though as it was a near Herculean task of dis-assembled stuff.
  4. Then reassemble the compressor Once I tried to clean it up, the compressor's original shade did not come back well and I had to repaint it. Once sanded, I painted it in a color that I found that comes close to the origin
  5. Looking for 1959 Cadillac 2 door hardtop 408.228.7867 Brad
  6. Application of phosphating primer Then black paint
  7. It really did!. We were tempted, but realized we had probably found our one and only buyer. Padgett said: Tampa license plate ? 4D was Pinellas Count9y was the "4", the "D" meant compact car. Tampa was "3" would have been for Hillsborough County (Tampa). We lived in Redington Beach, off the coast of St. Petersburg. Those look like VW wheels, 4CV (army helmet) had three lug wheels. (Not on the 1952 4CV, these were stock wheels) You might be thinking of the Citreon.
  8. In the 1930s, the huge German rigid airships, the Zeppelins, were powered by Maybach diesels. Now that sentence contains 3 words which to my eyes look like German words/names. That could be a clue. Diesel engines probably were developed by some German gentleman named Diesel. If I didn't have to scoot right now, I would wring out the internet and give you a definitive answer. Maybe someone will have this figured out by the time I get back to the forum. Not C Karl, - C Carl
  9. Havent been around much, life came at me again haven't made many changes to my 55 . the few I have gotten done are added a oem replica radiator bullet centers for the wheels an lake pipes.now that things have settled its back to the wrenches an sanders. had it out at a few shows this summer an drove about 1500 miles . heres the most recent a friend found of me leaving a show.
  10. I have this idea in my head that I can swap the rear end in my 55 to something more modern , an im not absolutely positive if it will work so this may be lengthy any input is very much appreciated. I will start at the beginning. I would love to retain the dynaflow transmission,{ I still have the oem nailhead an a conversion kit that will accept any gm transmission is fairly expensive} an this is where it gets complicated. 1. I understand there is first the torque ball an u joint to deal with an that I would need a slip shaft to account for the rears movement . the oem ujoint assembly is bolted to the output shaft(no slip there) . I assume that by removing the tourqe ball an installing a hybrid u joint assembly with a slip yoke on the driveshaft side I could effectively account for the movement of the rear axle as the shaft lengthens an shortens as it moves up an down with the rear axel. what possible issues could I have here an is the tourqe ball the transmissions "rear seal" essentialy? 2. drive shaft , would have to be custom made similar to one from a 4x4 with a slip yoke at the front an matching rear as the rear end of choice. here the queston is would vibration , fluid seals, bearings, or other modifications be a serious issue on the transmission? 3. rear axel an suspension, clearly a 4 link an panhard install makes the most sence with coilover shocks , or possibly retaining my coils an adding shocks. (a) whats a good gear ratio to look for in that rear axel ? an the dynaflow is a 2 speed. (b) rear axle width ? recommendations or best donor axels? any out side input or issues I have overlooked is very much appreciated before I start spending cash on something that may not work .
  11. these plastic covers are alright for a cheap solution, but now these cars are so valuable that it is best to send yours to JUST DASHES for a rebuild. You only do it once
  12. 1926 Buick master Six. Runs good. Older restoration with Lebaron Bonney interior. Have many more pictures and video of it running......$15000 cash. Phone calls only. 740-692-9526
  13. Looks like you are not locked out right now.
  14. Today
  15. Then clean the screws Then I took care of the two supports, and we can see that they are black at the origin
  16. I could use a good set of front fenders for my '36 Dodge. Does anyone know if, aside from the "catwalks", the fenders are the same as '37's. They look a lot alike and the interchanges don't say. I need a pair that are not rusted or beaten to death, especially along the wheel opening. Thanks for any info.
  17. Looking for 1957 TWO Door only Buick Special, Century or Skylark with the 3 piece rear window. Will consider any condition and color but prefer all options and black exterior. I am in San Jose CA 408.228.7867 Brad
  18. Then a point of rust at the bottom of the tank Once the rust is brushed and clean, I apply Rustol inside the tank to protect it
  19. The membrane and the piston which are in very good condition Once the compressor disassembled, all the parts were in very good condition, the pump was clogged with dirt and there was deposit as can be seen in this photo in the tank
  20. A word should be said here for sellers of individual or batchs of parts... We tend to assume that everyone's as familiar with cars as we are., and most are not....a seller may well advertise mechanical or body parts from a 23 Kratz his father dismantled in the garage and never got back together again, but doesn't realize Krats put out two different models that year, all mostly from off-the-shelf suppliers but different ones for the different models...and may unknowingly, with the best of intentions, send a part to someone who funds its not right for his particular car... As stressed above, buyers must be careful...
  21. 1975 Caprice Convertible in excellent condition. 29k Miles, AACA Award winner. All original car still has the original spare tire in the trunk. Not many left in this condition. located in South Florida Ary
  22. We can see this big O-ring which was in very good condition Disassembling both parts of the pump
  1. Load more activity