myold88

1950 Cadillac Coupe Barn Find.

Just pulled from a garage in Hartford Ct after 50 years storage. Last driven in 1967. Unmolested 90% rust free Coupe. Original paint and everything else. Owner is now working to get it started and sevviced. It should clean up nice or make a easy Winter project. Contact Paul Steven @ 860 236-4556.

IMG_1028.JPG

IMG_1029.JPG

IMG_1026.JPG

• Like 2

Would be alot of fun to clean up.  Unfortunately that spot on the trunk lid/ fender look through,  but the rest will clean up amazingly well if done right.  

What's the asking price? 

Paul is not looking for big bucks. Open to offers. He's not a car collector. That upper trunk area rust is from a leak in the garage where it was stored. It's only surface rust. The rest of the car is pretty much rust free.  I'm told the floors are solid- It's a solid car. Great interior and even the dealer installed seat covers are on the seats. Nice interior!  Nice factory paint except for the darker area shown on the left 1/4 panel. This is a nice original car.

• Like 1

A Mr D. Fox and others are contacting me personally re this Cadillac.  As noted above please contact the owner Paul Steben or his mechanic Paul Z with any questions. The car is located at 307 Park Rd, West Hartford, Ct. where it can be inspected. The phone number is 860 236-4556. Paul Steben is not asking a lot for this car and is open to offers. 

Yes. 860 236-4556 is Steben Motors Auto body. Opens 8:00 AM to 5:pm EDT. I'll try to get some additional photos tomorrow if I'm in the area. If you look at the rear photo above, you can see the excellent body to trim/bumper alignment of this car. The front is the same way- Appears to never have been damaged with original paint, except for that older left 1/4 repair/paint.

Wow, note the condition of the CT license plate; car sure looks solid.  I know Paul, his shop has been in operation for 50 years or more as a local family business.  I can say these guys are straight shooters.  If I had to guess, a customer decided it was time to sell it, or estate, etc.  We would see this on occasion at the garage I worked at down the street from Steben's years ago, and as they say, they are still out thete!   Very tempting as it could look like this one from Chocolate field earlier this month. 

20171005_095452.jpg

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)

Here's some additional photos taken AM today. Interior & dash & headliner are all in excellent condition. Needs cleaning as far as I can tell.  Again very solid complete Cadillac. The mileage at about 66,000 appears original.  Won't last. 

IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1030.JPG

IMG_1031.JPG

I wish I could but it's on the wrong coast for me. I'm very familiar with this model. I had a 51 for nearly 20 years. Very easy to work on for the most part.

2 hours ago, pont35cpe said:

Nice!! My dads 1950 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 4dr(I wish is was a hard-top)has also been in storage since 1967.  Tom

Sorry, that's not a de Ville. First Sedan de Ville was in 1956. De Ville is just a sub model of the 62 series.

Would love to see how this one cleans up.

Glad it didn't end up shuffled to their back lot, like the yellow 57 Chevy convertible that sat for 25 or 30 years in the corner.  None of the brothers must have wanted to take it on... :D

Car sold yesterday. Calls came in from around the country and overseas. It's amazing how much interest and money an original solid untouched barn find can bring. Of course a beautiful Cadillac coupe helps. 

Edited by myold88 (see edit history)