Current Issues and Suggestions for a Better BCA

MrEarl

Keith, I don't believe for a minute that there is a conspiracy to keep any pre-war member off the BOD.  Why would a person want to subject themselves to associating with the prevalent attitude of the rest of these board members.  There is an old saying that has been around for years that goes like this - Ignorance can be corrected by education, but stupidity is life long.  That old saying is really very appropriate in this whole situation we have before us.  Just sayin'

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

All-Together Parking on The Show Field Advocate

i HAVE WATCHED THIS RAGE ON FOR THREE YEARS.  Perhaps I was asleep at South Bend, but UNTIL judging day, I was told to park anywhere  .  I did. Came Sat morning, I moved it to the across the street lot for judging, and was told afterwards I could move back with the rest of the cars. I understood this to be for ease of judging. Whats the problem. ?  I did not make Portland.  In Springfield, all the '50s, maybe earlier, up to '53 Special  [last straight eight] were parked together. For awhile I was parked next to a BEAUTIFUL  Roadmaster Convert that came in a trailer. 

Horrors!! But he did not seem to mind. Just made his look better.

Can I say  "tempest in a teapot?".

Ben

• Like 2

The Springfield meet survey is on the eBugle page.  As always improvements can be made, but it seems that most were satisfied with all aspects of the meet including parking.   Looks like a success.  You can never satisfy everyone:  as an example, I know of one individual who wanted his driven class car parked separately and not mingled with show cars and would not even walk onto the show field.  He quit the club because of 'too much emphasis on judging'.  I don't miss him.

Willie 

The conversation / debate about parking cars has been interesting to watch and listen to but it may be helpful if the two opposing camps acknowledge the difference between a car ‘show’ and a ‘judged meet’. Car shows such as cruise-ins, show and shines, good guys, etc. are much looser and freely structured events that have votes cast by participants and have no real reason to place cars in any particular order or grouping. A judged meet that has formal judging by teams of judges using a structured point system that is based on originality and condition do benefit from planned parking. For the parking critics that don’t see the need for this, it is helpful to understand the logistics of organizing, planning, administering, staffing, and executing the process of formal judging. Can you have a judged meet with unstructured parking? Absolutely, but it is logistically disorganized, more difficult and time consuming for the judging process. Before anyone posts a comment about not being significant or helpful having cars grouped together, if you have conducted a multiple day, formally judged event using a point system involving hundreds of cars, it should be clear that it is very helpful to have cars grouped in a logical and convenient manner to expedite the judging process. It is also helpful to have cars with previous legitimate provenance (BCA gold, silver, bronze, heritage or AACA junior, senior, etc) grouped together as a resource for owners and a reference for judges to observe regarding original details, finishes, etc. If you haven’t conducted an event of this size and complexity, this may not make much sense.

There seems to be finger pointing at the BCA board and references to individuals as the originators of this perceived unfriendly parking concept. Generally speaking, most large car organizations that conduct formal, structured judging meets using a point system based on originality, correctness and condition, park cars in logical groupings to aid in the process. The big difference between those organizations and the BCA is the amount of parking complaints that exists in the BCA.

There was an unfortunate parking situation that took place at a BCA national meet several years ago but that was not a planned slight to any member, marginalization of any group of cars, nor was it a conspiracy against anyone or any car(s). Could the organizers kept a closer eye on the venue before the event took place? Yes. I participated in a national meet at a very attractive venue and when we all showed up to place the cars on the judging field lawn, there was an enormous tent set up with a full symphony orchestra practicing at all hours of the day and night. Nobody was offended or upset we all just worked around it and enjoyed our time together. Things like this sometime just happen so everyone needs to let it go and get over it.

It is still confounding that very vocal members who want to emphasize the camaraderie and socializing aspect of the BCA by quoting bylaws feel that their ability to enjoy a meet is so dependent on where their car is parked. It seems like seeing old friends, getting to view hundreds of Buicks, and enjoying the sights and sounds of the surrounding area should more than make up for the spot that any particular car is parked in. No matter how you lay out a judging field, some cars are going to be parked farthest away from any perceived center of activity or away from a buddy on the field. Do they have a right to complain and not renew? Absolutely, but you don’t get martyr status by doing so. On the other hand if any member of any car club does not agree with the rules, policies, or procedures of an event as set forth by the organizers then they should not participate. If any car owner’s level of enjoyment is mainly based on where their car gets parked during a judged meet, I am reminded of the statement made by one of the founding members of one of the most demanding judging car organizations in the hobby: “Some people will complain if you crap ice cream” That used to sound cynical but tends to ring true over the years. Every member could potentially benefit by having as many members and cars as possible participating in all BCA events but only if everyone recognizes what the event is and what is required to participate.  

There is a way to voice complaints and suggestions but talking louder, using larger print or a bold typestyle, doesn’t add any more merit to an idea. Being a local chapter member and seeing some suggestions in writing and listening to certain members at events such as the membership meeting at the Portland, Oregon BCA national meet proves again that even when a member does have a valid point, idea or suggestion, it can get lost when the presentation leaves almost everything to be desired.

Just as in any other organization, change can be effected by joining in, becoming part of the process and striving to make changes within the existing structure. The easiest job in the world is being a critic but people find out when they actually do all the work involved with putting on a large judged meet that it is easier to be the clown that it is to run the circus. Find an organization and local chapter that puts a high priority on what you like to do and join it so there won’t be any need to complain about the type of activities or the way they are administered. Hopefully it is the BCA but if it isn’t, maybe some other organization will make for a happy and productive member.

• Like 4

Ben,

If the BCA adopted what you outlined in Springfield, there would be very few parking issues. 

I have only suggested that some basic kind of chronological arrangement should be the policy until the day of judging.

I have only made suggestions and asked questions; the tempest in the BCA teapot has been created by members waiting for the BOD to take action.

Arland,

My previous proposal to the BOD was to recognize that the Judged Car Show portion of the BCA National Meet only happens on the last day of the meet.  Therefore, parking for the rest of the meet need not be by judging class, and could be chronological or by era.  In fact, this would also help planning judged parking arrangements based on the actual number of cars present for each class.  I doubt that many members actually read the bylaws, but like it or not, the social aspects of being a club member & driving their cars are actually more important than winning trophies for many members.  Less than half of the cars at the last few meets were entered for formal judging.

I did become part of the process as a founder and the only Director of the PreWar Division. I tried many times to make changes within the existing BCA structure in person with the national meet chairman & chief judge, and I have submitted multiple options in my written proposals to BOD members. The debate goes on only because of the absence of any official action by the leadership of the BCA. 

Edited by mark shaw (see edit history)

Guest my3buicks

You had to be there throughout the process, of course you are getting his side and it smells like roses. He also wanted rather stringent guidelines as to what one could drive and be considered for the driven class ostracizing a good many owners. I could say lots more as well, There was no support at the time for the class, it got very ugly at the open board meetings and As I have mentioned was railroaded through quickly before all the discussions were complete.

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

The old guy's post makes me wonder why the BCA does not allow driven class cars to be judged in other classes at their national meets.

"Competition Class:

A vehicle entered in the competition for the Buick National Driven Award may not be entered in any other award competition class at the National meet."

I can't possibly comment on every post of this recent topic, but I will give my $.02. Not the BODs, but my own.

As the new Driven Class Chairman, I have submitted to the Chief Judge an overview of the changes to the Driven Class that I would like to make.  Allowing Driven Class cars to participate in either 400 pt OR Archival is on that list. It will allow those high quality cars that are driven to the meet to receive an extra "badge of courage" for driving the car. This will not affect the awards ceremony as the Driven Class awards are distributed on the showfield.  We have also seen a LOT of confusion on the field, especially from first timers, regarding the judging process. Many "driven" cars have been moved to the 400 pt class if we felt they belonged there and we caught it prior to show day. We allowed both classes to be entered in Ames and it worked great. With integrated classes, there is no reason we can't do it every year.

We have a new Chief Judge. He worked with us in Springfield to include the Driven and Display cars in with the 400 pt on show day.  The Driven class judges don't mind walking the entire show field one bit in order to find our cars to certify.

Prior to show day, cars can park anywhere they want.  Show day belongs to the Chief Judge and the Meet Chief Judge. Boy, I really have to hold back from naming them Meet Head Judge. :)  Our SOP declares that they are responsible for the show field layout. Please continue to share your feelings regarding how you would like the field laid out, but someone has to have the final say and they are it. They have a job to do and I have to respect that they will get it done the best way they know how.   For every member who would love to have a fully integrated judging field, you have to realize that there is another member that wants everything separated into classes. As leadership of this Club, we have to make tough decisions and some of those decisions are going to make people unhappy. There is no way around that. That doesn't mean that your group is taken for granted or disrespected. That means that the other 7300 members have opinions too. We were elected to guide this Club and we do the best job we can in order to represent the membership. ALL the membership.

I am an active member in the Driven Class. I have 5 badges of courage on my '59 Invicta for successfully carrying my entire family cross-country to enjoy the BCA National Meet. If I hadn't destroyed my radiator a week prior to Danvers, forcing us to take the air conditioned Roadmaster Wagon, if would be 6! I am proud of those badges and don't appreciate them being derided as "participation awards" or a pat on the back for driving the car.   I enjoy driving my Buick and am proud to display those hard won awards. Yes, hard won....it was quite the experience to be exiting the freeway in Springfield and have my foot go to the floorboard as the brake fluid poured out of a ruptured line. No fun in a single M.C. car. Luckily, the parking brake got us to the hotel "safely".

In the recent past I have owned a 1940 Buick Special (as well as a 1922 Ford Model T). I also own a Reatta that my son drives daily. My wife prefers the '59, while my favorite is the '65 Wildcat because that was my first car. If I could afford one, I would own a new Buick Verano, but alas, I drive another GM stalwart, a 1996 Saturn SL1, as my daily driver.  I don't ever expect to own a car that could compete in the 400 pt class, but I love walking through those cars at the Meets as well.

I enjoy Buicks of ALL ages. I would love to see dozens of early Pre-ww1 cars at the Meets. The '30s and '40s tend to be well represented, but not like they were years ago. I especially enjoy watching everyone hoot and holler as they get rides in those old wagons and trucks.I myself enjoyed a ride in Pat and Pat's Great Race car in Springfield. What a HOOT!

Previously as a member of the BOD, and now as President, my goal has always been to represent the members of our Club. ALL the members. At times I have voted against my own personal preference because I felt that the membership wanted something different. I call it Servant Leadership.  Yes, I at times I even enjoy those Modifieds. I think they will be an important part of our show if we make it to California in 2018. I support ANYTHING that gets those Buicks out on the streets and driven!  I rarely see another Buick at a local show unless it belongs to one of our local members. That's why I rebooted the Cincinnati Chapter, so I could coax some of those Buicks out of the shadows and onto the streets.

Terry, I don't know you that well, but I think I could call Mark a friend.  I don't want either of you to leave the club and this is my personal plea for both of you to reconsider. Your voices are very important for the Pre-War Division and your input is valued. I consider you both integral parts of the Club and we would miss your knowledge and camaraderie.

I know the "non-judged" aspect of Allentown is another sore spot for many (can you imagine how many hours the awards show would be for a 1000 car event? UGH!), but I urge you to register and come enjoy the scenery. The cars are going to be lined up by decade throughout the entire display field. Many, many, many long hours of planning are going to have to take place to make that happen. We are nearly 1/4th of the way to our maximum of 1000 cars already. Many more hotels rooms have been booked than registered so far, so that number is going to climb quickly.

It will be a sight to behold and you won't want to miss it.  Also, there will be a special treat for anyone that brings a car! I for one, CAN'T WAIT!

As far as I'm concerned, I would like to see our mission statement changed to:

The Buick Club of America is a non-profit membership corporation dedicated to the preservation, restoration, and enjoyment of those vehicles built by the Buick Motor Division of General Motors Corporation.

Email is ALWAYS the best way to reach me. Feel free to reach out to myself and the other BOD and NMC members to make your voices heard. Their contact information is all included in the Bugle.   Please don't mistake a lack of action or change to mean that your concerns are not important or respected. 

It's late and I'm done rambling......got to get up tomorrow and drive my Wildcat while the sun is still shining and the skies are dry!

Edited by bhclark (see edit history)
  • Like 10

Brian,

I agree with Ben; well said. 

Your post is most refreshing after waiting so long for someone on the BOD to report: "Prior to show day, cars can park anywhere they want.  Show day belongs to the Chief Judge and the Meet Chief Judge." 

This news is most encouraging.  Hopefully this will become SOP for all future meets.

Thank you!

Edited by mark shaw (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Guest my3buicks

I know it's kicking a dead horse but there is all the talk of melting pots, inclusion, people griping because they had fo park behind a fence, etc. and when it comes down to it nothing has changed. As Brian stated, it's a sore spot for many members with no judging at next years national. So for all you that are upset about how you have Felt like outcasts at past meets this meet is totally leaving out a large group of BCA members totally. Don't give me the BS of the logistics of judging 1000 cars, there would not have been 1000 cars judged, you could have set registration higher for cars that were to be judged which would have substancially cut that number down. The cold fact was someone didn't want judging at this meet and the group of BCA members that enjoy that aspect were slapped in the face and told sorry you are not wanted at this meet. So it's worse than being parked behind a fence, it's being told leave the cars you want/need judged at home, we are not going to service that group of BCA members. Maybe the next year they will say no Riviera's at this meet. The melting pot has a huge hole in it.

seems pretty simple, enter a judging class not the driven class.  wasn't the driven class created to get cars that are drivers to national meets and increase car counts ?

I enter my car in the driven class  because I don't want it judged since its driven 5k miles a yr and has items that are not correct.

I fully agree and practice what Roy stated: "I am very proud to see my Buick parked on the show field next to all of the other show winners."

I too have only entered my cars for Display Only.  But nobody in the driven, display only, or archival classes can be parked on the show field next to all of the other show cars with the current BCA National Meet parking policy. 

My previous question was "why does the BCA not allow driven class cars to be judged in other classes?" In other words...; why make this a separate class? I really don't see why someone couldn't drive their Buick to a meet, enter a 400 point judged class & also get recognition for driving their car to the meet.  As I have mentioned before, driving show cars is encouraged at Pebble Beach, so why not at BCA meets?

Still, we have no answer....

Edited by ted sweet (see edit history)

I was at the General Membership Meeting in Kokomo when Pat Brooks presented his proposal for the Driven Class, to see if there would be enough membership support before he made his formal presentation to the BCA BOD that year.  The general orientation was to motivate more members to drive their Buicks to the meets, other than those which were already entering in the 400 Point Judging Show.  It would give them some recognition for doing so, rather than leaving their Buick at home and getting to the national meet by another method.  In short, a way to get more vehicular participation where there typically was none of that nature, at that time.  It also pre-dates the Archival Class in longevity.

After that meeting, I observed an older gentleman bending Pat's ear about ensuring that those in the new class would be "accurate" vehicles with no "alterations" that were not correct for the model year.  Kind of like if he drove his older Buick to the meet sans a/c or an aftermarket sound system, then others ought to be in "the same boat". 

When the Driven Class made its first appearance in 2003 at the Plano meet we hosted, I heard some interesting "talk" in the hallways about "having to qualify" to be in the Driven Class.  Many who'd made "upgrades" to make their cars better "distance cruisers" were not allowed in that class.  The mentioned reason was that the BOD desired the cars, basically, meet the 400 Point System orientations for correctness of the particular model year . . . something I didn't really recall being a part of the first proposal, but it seemed to become part of the class structure.  Owners who'd done that didn't really feel they should have to go to the Modified Class as their cars were not "customized" per se, just some mechanical upgrades (alternators where generators used to be, or adapted a/c systems, for example) to make the cars more comfortable and enjoyable to drive longer distances.  Be that as it may.

Willis Bell  20811

• Like 2

I'm ok with anything that encourages more driving. Speaking of more driving, when did we get away from driving events at the Nationals? Now it is all bus tours. Not only is it more fun to drive our cars, but it is one of the best marketing promotions the club can get. Imagine the sight of 100+ Buicks driving to these museums. The public will eat it up. If you didn't drive a Buick to the show, I'm positive you can get a ride with someone else. Good driving memories that I recall from recent Nationals include the amazing drive of over 50 1959 Buicks in Colorado, the drive to the Drive-In in Seattle, the wonderful drive to Jewell in Iowa, etc. I know they didn't to this in Portland, but what a wonderful time it would have been to drive to the falls. Anyway, I think there should be a driving event at every Nationals. I encourage future meet planners to include at least one.

Edited by TxBuicks (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Roy,

With the Covered Bridge Drive, we are encouraging the cars being driven.  See additional details on the Calendar section.

Depending on the distance to get to Allentown, I think the local tours including Hershey and Philadelphia may better by organized by bus trip, especially Philadelphia where the National Democratic Party has their convention at that same time.  As usual special arrangements are being made for to maximize the time.

But, others may  sure want to travel to some of these same sites in small groups.  There is just too much traffic to organize 100, or even 25 car groups with getting lost in traffic.  Except for then cruise-in to Dorney Park. Eight to ten cars, as I have suggested for the covered bridge tours should work.  Then there is the caravan from the west coast is a good option. 

There will also be BDE and PWD after tours.

John.

I know they didn't to this in Portland, but what a wonderful time it would have been to drive to the falls.

Thanks to Brian Laurance, the '59 Division did sponsor a small group that did drive the Rowena Loops and the falls. It was fantastic, even though it was a rainy day.  Many of you have seen the Rowena Loops photos of 4 '59 Buicks in the National Meet issue last year.

• Like 1

I recall that we had a "self-guided driving tour" for those early-arrivers at the 1996 meet in Plano.

Driving event/tours can be neat and fun to do, possibly in a "Road Rallye" format, but they have to be laid-out and de-bugged well in advance.  Such things can also be problematic, depending upon just where the National Meet event is . . . in which case bus tours are a better way to do things. 

It might be a little difficult to plan and orchestrate, due to time/date/location issues, but how neat might it be for a large group of vintage Buicks to "Welcome" participants of The Great Race to one of their nightly stays . . . as a part of a BCA National Meet in that same location?

NTX5467

I recall that we had a "self-guided driving tour" for those early-arrivers at the 1996 meet in Plano.

Driving event/tours can be neat and fun to do, possibly in a "Road Rallye" format, but they have to be laid-out and de-bugged well in advance.  Such things can also be problematic, depending upon just where the National Meet event is . . . in which case bus tours are a better way to do things. 

It might be a little difficult to plan and orchestrate, due to time/date/location issues, but how neat might it be for a large group of vintage Buicks to "Welcome" participants of The Great Race to one of their nightly stays . . . as a part of a BCA National Meet in that same location?

NTX5467

A great idea for the "Great Race".  The Buicktown Chapter did that very thing back a number of years ago when the Great Race made an overnight stop in Flint.  It was pretty neat seeing both sides of downtown Saginaw St lined with Buicks greeting the racers as they came down the main drag at the end of their race day.  We got a lot of smiles from the tired drivers (especially those driving the Buicks!) as we waved and "honked" our welcome. (I think I have some home movies of that event somewhere.)  If I remember right, some of our club members stayed on to help make some late night repairs on a couple of the race cars.

I would be nice to see a short tour of wagons rolling out together.

Wouldn't the "wagon train" have to be out west or on the prairies, for historical perspective

I have something that would be happy to participate in that.

For any of you who have met my '76 pace car, you'll know a prior owner put Centerline wheels on. Under the current rules, that technically disqualifies the car from a Driven award. However, the Modified folks don't want to give their Driven award to a car with lith little more than different wheels. Happily, the current chair of driven class judging is not as particular about those rules, especially when you drive 1000 miles to the meet.

Considering that the whole idea behind Centerline-brand wheels was "lightness" for drag racing activities, not to imply that that's ALL they're good for, but I think the (approx.) $800.00 for a set of repro 15x7 Buick road wheels would be a good one.  Although probably not exactly what the car originally came with, but much closer than any Centerline wheel, might be a decent long-term investment.  Be that as it may.

One of the "sticking points" of the driven class has, historically, been just how "correct" the vehicle might be, with respect to how it was originally built (per BCA guidelines).  Something like aftermarket wheels is very visible, but an internally-upgraded HEI would probably be noticed only by those that knew what they were looking at, for example, so obviously there might need to be some guidelines as to what's "acceptable" in the Driven Class.

When I was doing the judging and classification administration for the Mopar club I'm in, I devised a point system for modifications and how it would affect (via point accumulation) whether the vehicle would be "stock", "street", "custom", or "race".  Then we used some members' cars to check the point break levels to ensure that some cars which were "not enough modifications" didn't show in the same class as "custom" vehicles.  Certainly NOT what many participants were looking for, but when explained to them, they understood it.  It was certainly NOT what the local weekend cruises or indoor shows used, either.

In adapting my point system to an "all makes" show, though, there was more resistance as it was "different" as so many of those particular participants were much more used to the weekend show "loose class" format, which they'd built their vehicles around.  But, I still believe the particular orientation I used for "stock" and "street/modified" class differences is good.  Each "mod" had a certain amount of points attached to it.  To be in the "stock" class, no more than about 4 points could be accumulated, 5-19 points was the "street/modified" area.  More than 19, the "custom" area.

Basically, I looked for "signals" or the owner wanting to keep the car "stock", but also wanting to do a few things to spiff it up or for "higher-performance/towing" use.  Factory-style chrome valve covers?  OK  Under-dash gauges and/or tach?  OK  Different carb, but OEM replacement?  OK  Factory wheels from another of the same brand of vehicle or OEM spec for a different model?  OK (might need to be some model exceptions for Buicks, though).  If things went past that, it would appear that the owner did not really care about a "stock" vehicle but wanted on "spiffier" that that, as (in the "stock" class)  chrome master cylinder reservoir cover?  XX  Chrome non-stock air cleaner (when not factory equipment)?  XX  Tire size significantly different that OEM?  XX  Aftermarket shifter?  XX  Ride height variations?  XX  You see the picture?    Some vehicles would be right at the edge of being "modified", but didn't go over.  The owner's intentions were mirrored in what things they'd changed on the vehicle.

Still, there is a HUGE gray area between the Driven Class and the least-modified Modified class vehicles, by observation.  Still, though, the Driven Class should not really be oriented toward altered vehicles which are not altered-enough for the Modified class.

IF the Driven Class became "Driven 1" and "Driven 2", then that gray area could be decreased for those that had made mechanical upgrades to their vehicles, leaving those that had made cosmetic upgrades/customization to their vehicles for the Modified class.  Let the D1 group be the desired vehicles "lured" into the Driven Class, which could be upgraded to the 400 Point Judging with a little care and expertise, which is one aspect of the Driven Class's originally-communicated purpose.  Let the D2 group be those that made mechanical upgrades (dual-circuit brakes, electronic fuel injection, electronic ignition system, transmission changes, alternators, aftermarket a/c kits, electric power steering, deeper tinted windows, seat belts, radial tires with possible aftermarket wheels of appropriate stock sizing, aftermarket sound systems, etc.) for the expressed intent of being cross-country-comfortable, but NOT in the total realm of a "street rod/street machine" -- look stock, but act like something newer.  Then let the vehicles with custom paint, custom interiors, custom body work, altered ride height, significantly-altered from stock wheel/tire packages, and other modifications be in the Modified class (where they belong), although driven to the meet.

I don't know that I totally agree with a Driven Class vehicle also being eligible to also be in the 400 Point Judging.  The INTENT of those classes is NOT the same, to me.  An "either - or" situation ONLY.  I DO appreciate a 400 Point car, even a Gold Senior, being driven to the meets (as some have done for a many meets, now), as to me, THAT is the "Gold Standard" for a great restoration (that's durable!) and using the vehicle in a manner in which it was designed . . . AND maintaining that status for many years.

And then, somewhere along the line, the Archival Class appeared.  Perhaps it should be termed "Survivor Class" as other groups do?  Definition-wise, all 400 Point System-judged vehicles are "archival", especially the GOLD-level vehicles (that are NOT over-restored), to me.

NTX5467 

Edited by NTX5467 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The '59 Division has been putting out calendars for a number of years. Good idea, but with a distributed club, cost of shipping could make it less attractive for a smaller ticket item. Now, if they are prepared in time for the annual National meet (or celebration) then a few could sell there and perhaps more efficient shipping using the local chapters as distributors (with a small cut perhaps?) could work better. That said, I don't think it makes sense to step on the toes of the '59 Division. Otherwise, I really like the idea.

Larry, I may get a mailing tube and send you one of mine

As for the wheels, I spent about $5000 this summer for three sets of the specially widened wheels that were used on the '75 & '76 Century Pace Car replicas. They happened to come with cars attached. I will be spending more to get the correct-equivalent tires put on in the spring and then I'll be much happier with Spirit. Unfortunately the Indy tires aren't made in the correct size any more.

• 2 months later...

Lamar:

Thanks for that. I had already sent our announcement into the Bugle although it will not show up until the March issue. Having to fight an uphill battle within our chapter about having our own website I like to check on it and try to keep things current. So when I go to the BCA site and there are hardly any events shown I thought it could use some more. I have already posted the event (our June 4th Car Show) on the tours etc. heading.

It's very easy for me to send Peter G a list of "coming events" that we print in the Bugle each month, so I'll try to remember to do that. Yesterday I sent him the list that will be in the February issue and I notice it is already posted on the BCA website calendar so I hope this helps everyone. —Cindy

• Like 1

Guest MrNova

it's a shame Pete & Cindy don't do office work as well - the BCA would run like a well oiled machine if they were the BCA headquarters   Literally the only aspect of the BCA you don't hear complaints about.

• 2 weeks later...