Model 75 radiator core

I’m afraid what I’m about to say will only add to the confusion. So I have now no fewer then 4 Chrysler 75’s in various states of disrepair. The first photos are what I believe probably the correct core IMG_5164.jpeg.caa193147440175aa64ec0750d93143f.jpegIMG_5165.jpeg.1e97f74756f4aa6b8dac19990fe4f69f.jpegThis type is very similar to what is in my 72/maybe a carry over from the 72’s ??.

Next are photos from 75 sedan that I have that was involved in an accident many many years ago 

IMG_5167.jpeg.a9953508725a276ae05716a089f9fb06.jpegThis is more after the style of your radiator, I also have a spare of similar design IMG_5170.jpeg.f1fb7bab9467a5d3f9ba768d5fc44df8.jpeg

• Like 2

Now lastly is a type more after the honeycomb styleIMG_5168.jpeg.815fb1576fd38200f4271cb74e3e901e.jpegIMG_5169.jpeg.114ac9a88cfdeccd7826f48df5d13aee.jpegSorry to add to the confusion… perhaps there were changes throughout the 75’s production, hopefully someone more knowledgeable then myself will jump in with some clarification. Sorry I was so long replying to your original post we have been very busy here work wise and I must say I have been pretty exhausted and this is supposed to be our slack time of the year.  Cheers Ben

• Like 2

Vintageben,

Great information. Do you know how thick the honeycomb ones are?

Thanks

Bill

8 hours ago, BlueDevil said:

Vintageben,

Great information. Do you know how thick the honeycomb ones are?

Thanks

Bill

Just measured and both the honeycomb ones are two and a half inches thick 

I have seen one that was re-cored and had maybe a 1/4" thick section of the honeycomb in front.

There is a place in England that makes the proper core and also a place in the middle east, Pakistan or Turkey ?

On 4/13/2024 at 2:15 PM, 24Chry48 said:

Original radiators were honeycomb. The other style are newer replacement fins.

Not sure that is correct. Honeycomb radiators started to be phased in 1928 with the lower cost flat radiators. Radiators became more hidden behind grills etc and the need for a feature radiator reduced. Of the 7 cars I have owned only one was honeycomb.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lozrocks said:

Not sure that is correct. Honeycomb radiators started to be phased in 1928 with the lower cost flat radiators. Radiators became more hidden behind grills etc and the need for a feature radiator reduced. Of the 7 cars I have owned only one was honeycomb.

I have been wrong before, but I was told many years ago that the honeycomb were original in at least all the cars in the 20's. Although you may have owned several, consider how old the radiators were at the time, and that many had possibly been updated.

Thanks 31,

So does my 72, but I was just wondering if something changed in '29? There are other major (brakes) differences

I currently have 5 original radiators, 3 are for 4 cyl cars and two are for  6 cyl. Both the 1927 series  G70 6 cyl and my series 62 both have honeycomb radiators . One 4 cyl radiator c1925/6 is honeycomb, the other 2 which I'm pretty sure are 1928 model 52 do not have honeycomb radiators.

Back in the 70's when I rebuilt a very original 1927 series 50 and another very original series 52 , neither of these cars were honeycomb. 

I'm sure Chrysler may have had several suppliers for radiators and this may account for differences.

• Like 2

Honeycomb on all my original radiators (Series 65 and 75, total of 7 radiators) here in Norway. I did manage to get new core for two of those in UK. The honeycomb diamond pattern supplied is slightly smaller than OEM, but extremely few people will be able to tell and I am happy with them. However the current prices indicate that it pays to search for an original radiator that still functions and keep the water inside. The remanufacture now equals the value a fair parts car.

Edited by Narve N (see edit history)