2023 Pebble Beach Trip- 21 days of car overload.

edinmass

The above photos were in the parking lot today while everybody was detailing their cars after the tour. Lots of fun. So we brought a killer Rolls-Royce, and it turns out it’s the most competitive Rolls-Royce class in two decades. Seven ridiculously fantastic cars it’s going to be a knife fight.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

I was thinking I saw a bunch of great RRs scattered through all the photos. Best of luck!

Luck is the last thing you want to depend on at Pebble. Fact is, over the years you learn that you never know what’s going to park next to you. You drive on the field feeling good about what you have, and then all of a sudden it feels like you’re parking your Model T next to a Type 57SC. Such is the way of the car gods. Any one car in our class could be Best of Show at a regular concours.  That actually applies to about 50 percent of all the cars on the field. Most people here agree that the level of cars this year seems to be higher across the board than an average year. Three cars in our class didn’t make the tour. One broke down, and two didn’t do it. The tour only comes into the math with a tie. So it’s a bunch of risk for a slight reward from the points judging view. We will know in 12 hours. Many, many fantastic cars are display only, especially in the  Mercedes class.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, 30DodgePanel said:

These three photos in succession perplexed me. 

First, what is #1 photo?

Second, are they matching cars one with dual and one with single windshield?

81B052B7-1811-41EC-BE23-411DF86575CF.jpeg

8C367E46-41DD-4549-BC8B-FA75D6FEB7E7.jpeg

14201887-2855-4BC1-AA1C-3C4D1916B364.jpeg

1934 v16 coupe.   Pictures of the same car.  Imagine a black one right next to it.  

Edited by Cadillac Fan (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I get what 30 DodgePanel is asking. Look closely at the windshields. They are different. One is a split window with 2 windshield wipers, the other is a single panel with one windshield wiper in the middle

Edited by CChinn (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

That's just a side view of the right side windshield pane. The windshield is V-shaped. Look at the windshield compared to the cowl vent. It's only the right half.

Got it. Thanks👍. Also, many thanks to all who have posted photos from all of the different activities related to Pebble Beach this year. I am living vicariously through your photos and comments. Much appreciated by all who are not there. Attended my first Hershey last year. First Pebble Beach next year???

• Like 1