Here’s my all original 1932 Buick 97

Here is my all original paint and interior 1932 Buick 97 . I was told the paint is all original and the interior is absolutely 100% original with the original shades 

IMG_1586.jpeg

• Like 32
  • Haha 1

Thank you , joined the ccca . Looking forward to bringing this to some events and get the car running correctly 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 31 LaSalle said:

Beautiful car suits the white walls enjoy

I’m torn on the whitewalls unsure if I want to go black walls 

Not everybody likes whitewalls my own car was fitted with a brand new set of whitewalls when i bought it

I dont think they suit the colour scheme of my car but i will have to keep them on for now

in your case i think they go well with the dark paint just my opinion

• Like 2

Yeah over the winter im going to get new tires for the car , the tires on the car prob 30+ years old . Just little skeptical about taking it on drives . 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, 31 LaSalle said:

Not everybody likes whitewalls my own car was fitted with a brand new set of whitewalls when i bought it

I dont think they suit the colour scheme of my car but i will have to keep them on for now

in your case i think they go well with the dark paint just my opinion

Your instincts are correct. The proper size Blackwall will make the car looks much better.

• Like 2

Wonderful example!  The Buick 90 Series was the choice of prosperous folks who wanted to enjoy a powerful, comfortable, car of understated elegance where it would be considered pretentious and unseemly in one's community to drive a Cadillac, Packard, Lincoln or Pierce-Arrow.  Think of the smaller town bankers, factory or mill owners, prominent businessmen who wished to maintain a modest profile.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Two handsome cars. I love them both. It's interesting, most people say that the classic styling achieved a peak in the 1932/33/34 time frame. I tend to agree. However, I love the look of the front end of the 1929 model, with its huge headlights.  

I would really appreciate your taking the time sometime to post a comparison of your driving experiences for these two. Maybe with some more pictures. :)

Thanks for posting .

Phil

• Like 1

I’ll work on that , the 29 is a different animal completely.. since it’s doesn’t have a synchromesh trans.

The 29 was a frame of restoration, so drivng this compared to the 32 which is all original is really hard to say . 

We also have 38 century and a 41 century. Driving the 41 compared to the 29 is like night and day . 

• Like 2

On 7/31/2023 at 1:28 PM, alsancle said:

Your instincts are correct. The proper size Blackwall will make the car looks much better.

Over the winter going to replace the tires with some nice ones with a smaller White wall.

Took the front seat out to see what was underneath. Since the previous owner hasn’t done it in over 20 years . 

Thought this was interesting stil had the original manufacturer tags on the car and date stamps on the frame of the seat 

IMG_1765.jpeg

• Like 10

Surprised on the shape of the inside . I had put some glue traps on the floor underneath just Incase, any little critters . Since fall/ winter is approaching faster and faster 

• Like 1

Only thing I really know about it, he bought it in 1972 from a used car dealer . He bought the car with 91000 miles , I bought it with 96k. So let’s say he put 5000 miles on the car in 50 years . It never saw rain in over 50 years. 

• Like 2

Was going to take the 32 Buick out for one of the last car cruise nights in my area. How ever it was being fuzzy . 

So what a joy taking this car out instead . 

71521223180__B5595F25-A278-45C1-97A8-DA1984C40B2D.jpeg

• Like 7

Well summer is over now, time to get this car running Correctly. I was very fortunate to buy this piece very original piece from the Mac Blair collection.

Some random photos from the summer . Waiting on my carburetor rebuild kits from the carburetor shop . 

IMG_1870.jpeg

IMG_1668.jpeg

IMG_1669.jpeg

• Like 10

• 5 weeks later...

After 2 months of ownership finally had the time to properly clean the car and detail . Still working on the whitewalls. Little by little it’s ready . 

IMG_2247.jpeg

• Like 15

• 3 months later...

It made the Buick Bugle, going to do a small write up and try to get a feature out of it .

IMG_3100.jpeg

• Like 7

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Here’s my all original 1932 Buick 97